Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My first attempt at a real gpu overclock

Handies

Increase GPU clock speed by 100 mhz , stress test for 1 munite, repeat this until your drivers crash. Than either take the safe way and find the exact clock speed it stops crashing at or increase the voltage further and keep going. Do not increase voltage by big amounts only increase it by 25 every time and dont get past 125.

Keep power target at +25% thats necessary or you will get lower FPS out of your OC.

As long as your GPU doesnt overheat you are safe

Increase GPU clock speed by 100 mhz , stress test for 1 munite, repeat this until your drivers crash. Than either take the safe way and find the exact clock speed it stops crashing at or increase the voltage further and keep going. Do not increase voltage by big amounts only increase it by 25 every time and dont get past 125.

Keep power target at +25% thats necessary or you will get lower FPS out of your OC.

As long as your GPU doesnt overheat you are safe

My oc would crash if I tried to boost it anymore. I wanted to get to 1500 before the gpu boost, but I had no luck. I am pretty sure I could get it, but ocing is new to me.

Everytime, I did a new major increase, I ran my 3dmark.

Edited by Handies

My oc would crash if I tried to boost it anymore. I wanted to get to 1500 before the gpu boost, but I had no luck. I am pretty sure I could get it, but ocing is new to me.

Everytime, I did a new major increase, I ran my 3dmark.

Well, to be honest 1540 is very good oc

I think that can only be known by what percentage did you gain in FPS tests and FPS while actually gaming?

Do you have a before and after of that?

Updated Op

Keep in mind that I am comparing when I first started to Oc to when I finished.  My default speed was like 1100 and something.

Edited by Handies