Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snowmizer

Droping bags/pouches

In Ultima Online...you could drop things onto the ground.

Now yes, i know it was a lag creator....but what i LOVED about it, is that you could get a bag/pouch, dye it a certain color, and hide it ( green for bushes, black for a cave, brown for a tree base) and it became like your own little bank..( unless someone found it)

I do hope they put this into the game.  For full loot ( which is the only reason im so excited for crowfall)....the chance to get geared back up quickly it so important...or if your PKing...a drop box in the woods comes in handy...

Thoughts?

Edit - Just finished watching this weeks devs video Q+A, and they said "you can move things, you just have to use a container", so it looks like you can use containers to drop...( now, it all comes down to the size of the container.....will be hard to hide a chest in a bush :D

snow-miser-o.gif

Edited by snowmizer

dulpoa76627.png

well they mentioned in an interview they are allowing items dragged out of containers to be a delete mechanism. If this assumed bags within inventory, I'm not sure.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Well, if you can drop a container, like a chest, in some bushes, then you could technically still do hidden caches. However, they would need to include some decay feature to these containers since the entire landscape could be littered with them. This would create lag issues and that could be a big problem which could be abused if you think about it. For instance, I place hundreds of chests around my fort, creating a kind of "lag wall", this could break the game.

Edited by zero2none

Well, if can drop a container, like a chest, in some bushes, then you could technically still do hidden caches. However, they would need to include some decay feature to these containers since the entire landscape could be littered with them. This would create lag issues and that could be a big problem which could be abused if you think about it. For instance, I place hundreds of chests around my fort, creating a kind of "lag wall", this could break the game.

Never considered the "Lag wall"....we used to do that in Ultima Online.

Good point Zero2none....and Frylock rules!!  :D

dulpoa76627.png

This is a bad idea.  It is more important to log character ownership of items so that when dupe bugs are discovered the duping can be traced back to the original character.  Whether Shadowbade or Everquest I, duping items and having the Devs not able to trace those items back to the duping character played havoc with the economy, and devalued the playing experience for people not part of the duping circle.

I can see that as a problem but I wouldn't say dropping containers and hiding them is a bad idea. If it's done right and they've put in things to prevent duping by transferring items to containers, then there's no problem.

I don't technically know what steps are involved in tracing items back to the original owners, I guess it's saved on a database with a unique id? Anyway, I don't agree that it couldn't be traced because wouldn't you know who placed the container in the first place? I guess the items in the container could get scrambled with multiple characters taking it in and out of the container, but if there's a log that traces who interacted with that container, wouldn't it be easy to find the duper? 

Just make a mechanic where you are able to lock down a container to a bush or a tree or whatever.  That way the item doesnt decay.  And you have a semi mobile cache.  

Then just make another mechanic where other people are able to unlock the container.  Give it a decent round time where the person is vulnerable to attack while he is unlocking the container.  

If lag becomes an issue because people are using them to create a lag wall around their fortress. Make a discipline or power that allows you to AoE destroy containers on the ground.  There should definitely be another power that lets me turn your cache into bomb.  When you come back to put stuff into the container you get an explosion and probably no loot from your cache.

Edited by zolaz

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg