Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blender

What would you want to see from a CF Mobile App

I know it has not been mentioned anywhere, and it may never happen, but I have always like when a mobile app ties into a video game. It is a good way to help draw players back into the game and fun to show off to friends.

Some things I have seen before or would like to see are:

• "real time" map updates - show the current battle lines (if implemented), points of interest, and maybe objective tracker (ie. how many bloodstones each side has). Maybe even a "draw" option that you can show a plan of attack and then quickly forward it to guild members or friends

• Guild Chat/calendar - "we need help!" would make me want to log in asap to bash some skulls

• Account and Embargo Bank inventory - and maybe the ability to put in an order to your thralls to craft or list items to sell

• 3D Character viewer w/ class promotions and discipline choices -  to show your friends your build!

• News/update feed - maybe even easy access to these forums

• Character creation choices - be able to build a mock character and take a look at all the play style talent choices to see what might work well together.

Just some ideas I had and I was wondering if anyone had any other thoughts to throw around.

Yeah an overall companion app would be nice. Something that could be accessed through the website but more portable and a little nicer. Something like a simple interface with a 360 character model, stats on the side, then 4-5 tabs of things you might have listed. Campaign progress, leaderboard, map (if allowed), how many guild/teammates are online and probably a news outlet like you said.

I would love to see an app that let me make a mock character with all the advantages, disciplines etc. Ace outsources so why couldnt this be a stretch goal that is then outsourced l, thus eliminating feature creep and postponing launch.

I would pay for a sweet app even after it was a stretch goal I donated for, I want it that bad!

MOkvLlm.png

All the ideas of the above posters would be good apps!

Epically like the idea of real time map updates!

I'll even go one further....if your property/fort is attacked, you get a "alert" on your phone so you stop what your doing and log on!! :)

Edited by Agravenn
Picture removed.

dulpoa76627.png

All the ideas of the above posters would be good apps!

Epically like the idea of real time map updates!

I'll even go one further....if your property/fort is attacked, you get a "alert" on your phone so you stop what your doing and log on!! :)

snow-miser-o.gif

I would kill for a game finally having a good real-time campaign map that updates on either an app or a separate game window.  I am tired of either stopping, auto-following or auto-running into trees so I can check my maps!

I've been looking forward to some info from the devs regarding possible APIs.. to do something like this :D

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I've been looking forward to some info from the devs regarding possible APIs.. to do something like this :D

I wonder how we could get this question into august Q&A video.

I wonder how we could get this question into august Q&A video.

Just upgrade your pledge to Emerald and post the question in the Dev Partners forum.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

As long as it has communication, I'm happy.

A way to see how much time is left on your passive training would be nice, but not necessary.

If crafting takes time, a way to see how much is left on that would be nice, but not necessary.

Did I mention communication?

Oh, yeah, and working on Windows Phone would be great. Make a universal app so we can use it on Win10 and Windows Phone 10. Otherwise, none of the rest of this conversation means crap to me.

Edited by bairloch

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

I wanted to include myself in this post, I finally got my account active, after a while watching the game.  Will post a follow up thread soon, but appreciate this post and everyones input, and hope I have some really interesting things to share soon.  I am of course just a member as everyone else, and am joining a larger community.

I made a new thread, as to present a topic I could manage, but this thread was my foundation, along with my past experience.  I leave it up to the community to decide how to handle both.   But would be happy to work with whatever works.

https://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/15631-a-cmpanion-app-for-crowfall/

Maybe here or there, we can discuss the finer points, about communication and so forth I opted to go a different route with.  Although honestly anything is open and possible in the world of programming.

Edited by MikHaven

*Please note, I heavily edit my posts*

Community Member; Love the look of the Shield

Just upgrade your pledge to Emerald and post the question in the Dev Partners forum.

Ah, yes. It really is so simple.

With only $2,500 and a time machine, you too can participate in the Q&A. :D

Or maybe just PM one of the 40 or so people who already got in and leave it up to them whether to ask or not. :P

Edit: unless there's a way to upgrade past Ruby now? I feel like if there was, I'd be able to see it, but I can't. o.o

Edited by goose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.