Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Urahara

Dynamic, authentic Weather system

Hello Crowfall fellows,

what about a dynamic, authentic Weather system? Is that a thing for Crowfall?

Are the devs thinking about something like that?

Here a forum topic we already made to this:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/7628-combat-no-phake-physics-weather/

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Sounds like a good idea, since weather always played an important role in warfare.

There could be stuff like rivers rising and falling, ground that gets muddy, fog, wind that impacts archery, fires going out.

There cloud also be magic spells that change the weather or do themselves change under certain weather conditions. Like electricity based magic becoming more effective during a thunderstorm.

But I don’t think that this would be a necessary feature at launch. But it would be a good idea to design the game with something like this in mind.

Urahara, you already posted this idea. Posting a second thread saying "hey check out my first thread" is poor form.

Yes, I posted it here because i wanted to know if thats gonna be in the game or not, after discussing it with others.

To hear if the devs are working on that or got that in mind. This is for suggestion now after discussing it with others. I dont think its wrong if I would like a dev to recognize this.

Edited by Urahara

Sounds like a good idea, since weather always played an important role in warfare.

There could be stuff like rivers rising and falling, ground that gets muddy, fog, wind that impacts archery, fires going out.

There cloud also be magic spells that change the weather or do themselves change under certain weather conditions. Like electricity based magic becoming more effective during a thunderstorm.

But I don’t think that this would be a necessary feature at launch. But it would be a good idea to design the game with something like this in mind.

Yes and the campaigns are progressing in seasons as well, so a dynamic and authentic weather system would fit perfectly.

Edited by Urahara

I would like to hear from ACE if this is something they got in mind or they would like to have in the game, since it would make the game much more immersive. How they like the idea

Edited by Urahara

I would like to hear from ACE if this something they got in mind or they would like to have in the game, since it would make the game much more immersive.

I think you cant force them to answer ^^ ... They might have something like dynamic weather already planned but cant tell us already about it, or if it will make it into the game.

Its also a question of costs, since dynamic weather which should have an impact to gameplay also needs a lot of coding.

I didnt mean it like that, that i want an official statement to pin you down on.

I just want that this idea gets noticed by someone responsible for that at ACE.

Cause my senpai never notice me....

Also this dynamic, authentic weather system doesnt have to affect combat at first implementation or affect combat at all.

Its just a necessarity for an open world game in 2017 i think, and makes a game much better

Edited by Urahara

Trick the ACE devs into funding a working weather simulator for NOAA without realizing it.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

What's the point then?

This dynamic, authentic weather system doesnt have to affect combat at first implementation or affect combat at all.

If it is too complicated or does inflict with the gameplay unnecessary, then that would be fine, and you still have a great feature which improves your gaming experience very much. Here at my place was a storm 2 days ago for example, it was really impressing.

Edited by Urahara

Don't harass him guys , he posted in the suggestion thread for a reason.  :P

It's a good idea, but I wouldn't consider it a top priority feature. I think it would be sweet to have the weather affect combat in some way, like rain would decrease the accuracy of arrows and snow would make melee combat difficult and movement slower. 

Edited by zero2none

i have always turned weather off.  It seldom does more than distract from play.

If you can turn weather off, it's a fail weather system.  Actually, it's not a weather system.  It's just frilly graphics.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

This dynamic, authentic weather system doesnt have to affect combat at first implementation or affect combat at all.

If it is too complicated or does inflict with the gameplay unnecessary, then that would be fine, and you still have a great feature which improves your gaming experience very much. Here at my place was a storm 2 days ago for example, it was really impressing.

If it doesn't effect combat, don't waste resources. Most people turn weather off as it slows down their game and/or makes things hard to see. There is no point to weather in the grand sense of things unless you make it an intrinsic part of the game. 

For example: make it so you cannot turn it off and if yout urn it down...all graphics get turned down and now you can't see aoe spell effects or even ranged spell effects hitting your character. HOWEVER, only do this if weather actually has an EFFECT. Winds can make an arrow go farther or shorter depending on if you are with or against it, lightning can actually hit people, rain drains heat, rain knocks down projectiles, being wet makes grips harder to get thus accuracy suffers for everyone, night is actually NIGHT and you can't see far without a light source that gives you away...etc...etc...etc...

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."

Got this noticed by a responsible ACE member by now? Just a short - Hi, we read this - would be enough.

I still think it would improve the game very much.

Edited by Urahara

There are thousands of suggestion threads here that have received zero dev response. Please understand that they're busy and that your personal pet issue is not necessarily a priority.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Seems like "weather" suggestions go back to January.  Nothing all that unique here.

It has been a well know fact that the devs read the posts, always have, probably always will as long as there is a forum.  Check out the amount of suggestions ( and posts, in each thread ) going back to day 1.  There has never been an a personal acknowledgement of "reading" a post and I hope there never will be a precedent set for such.  We want them working on the game, for All Fathers sake.  No one should ever feel entitled to a response, no one is that special.  Just know that they read them ( and maybe laugh, cry or think it's a good idea!)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Dark and Light comes into Steam Early Access soon, hopefully on gog.com later too.

This MMO game seems kind of interesting and one of its features will be a dynamic, authentic weather system.

Edited by Urahara