Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blender

Asian Stretch Goal going slow?

Is it weird that I thought the Asian stretch goal was going to fly by? I figured giving 3 more countries their own servers would have been a huge enticement. I know the game is a ways off, but surely there is some PR out in those countries to help get the word out in their local gaming communities.  Anyone else think it was going to fly through this stretch goal, or am I crazy?

I thought it would fly through because of the last days of the Kickstarter upgrades, but I think in general the Stretch Goal is not going to inspire much in the way of direct pledges.

I guess they are at a point in development where if they add much else to the game it can result in a delay. Maybe just silly add-ons for the next few.  Like some special items...

I haven't really followed the other goals... But if that is true, then maybe there is not enough demand in Asia for this game? Or maybe they haven't advertise enough for the Asian market?

SignatureBanner.png

For more info about my channel check my Twitter out :)

I thought it would fly through because of the last days of the Kickstarter upgrades, but I think in general the Stretch Goal is not going to inspire much in the way of direct pledges.

I guess they are at a point in development where if they add much else to the game it can result in a delay. Maybe just silly add-ons for the next few.  Like some special items...

I believe they said if there were any additional features added they would be candidates to be added post launch

U1U8i28.png

By prediction this stretch goal going be fully funded by august..

hopefully by 1st of august if not then between august cheers :D.

Let's hit this milestone for our friends who speak 한국어, 日本語 and Pinyin.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Yeah, this stretch goal seems to be progressing just as quickly -- if not slightly faster -- as the previous ones.

Thanks to the last days of kickstarter upgrades.

Probably this stretch goal will slow down in a couple of days, but I hope we can finish it soon enough.

y9tj8G5.png

I'm a little confused about this stretch goal (most of them, actually...). 

There isn't anything beneficial to me as a player by helping reach it. I feel most of them (other than the rullesets) were that way.

That would seem to be why it's going so slow; there's nothing in it for every player if it is achieved.

This is the kind of thing that really shouldn't be a community-facing stretch goal, but rather some bullet point on an internal capital expenditure plan. 

Edited by lethality

zjsbjmn.png

I've had similar feelings @Lethality. No unique features based on stretch goals that I'm really excited about to help ACE to achieve it at a faster pace.

I care less if Asia get an own server to play on, except that we will avoid the huge ping differences with less asian players on the NA/EU servers.

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Question: what western MMO worked more than a year in Asia? My point is, why would they invest in a type a game that never worked there?

Like I said in the other thread, I think this is a waste of money; Asian market is way too different to think about it now while the game is not even released in EU/US. A good example is NCSoft with Blade & Soul; unlike Aion, they waited that the game were well implemented in their country before thinking of exporting it. ACE should do the same imho.

EVERYONE who is going to play CF will want this goal to be reached.  

If the asian sector does not get their own servers, you can look forward to facing 200 man zergs fighting your 10 man guild.  SB players can tell you what it is like to be vastly outnumbered and having them attack the servers causing the game to lock up and shut down.if it looked like they might lose.

I am not a racist by any means, but I would prefer to play the game the way it is intended to be played.

Also keep in mind the last couple fo stretch goals to my knowledge were much smaller than $150k.  weren't they like 50 or 60k?

This, the previous goal was just a additional ruleset for 50k: That flew by.

I'd say the current goal is getting there even faster, seeing as it's at 32% for it's 150k already. 

I'm a little confused about this stretch goal (most of them, actually...). 

There isn't anything beneficial to me as a player by helping reach it. I feel most of them (other than the rullesets) were that way.

That would seem to be why it's going so slow; there's nothing in it for every player if it is achieved.

This is the kind of thing that really shouldn't be a community-facing stretch goal, but rather some bullet point on an internal capital expenditure plan. 

All regions/backers benefit from regional servers elsewhere.

> More publicity worldwide.

> Access to the potentially HUGE Asian market. =/= more funding for the game as a whole. 

It's a bit like the snowball effect: The more people get invested worldwide, the more momentum the project picks up.

It won't benefit anyone outside the Asian region directly on an individual level, but it'll be worth our while if the game is able to pull in a sufficient number of new Asian backers. 

i.e: More funds for the game > Faster development > Possibly more features > Possibly more polish > etc. 

More people and more money are  always good things, regardless where they come from. 

All positive in my book.  :) 

~Strategy is the art of making use of time and space.
I'm less concerned about the latter than the former: Space we can recover, lost time never.

Can we please force Australians and New Zealanders to play on the closest Asian server over lagging all over the NA and EU servers.  

For example, if there's a Singapore server, plz let Aussies/Kiwis to play on that server with an English client.  

Or better yet, If demand is high enough, just plop down a server in Sydney so the people from the lag down under won't be forced to play with poor ping.