Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blender

Asian Stretch Goal going slow?

It just seems slow because it's 150k this time rather than 50-60k. It's already at $57,000 now, that's a previous stretch goal completed or well on it's way.

I kinda hope they don't have too many of these stretch goals, given what's happened with star citizen.

It just seems slow because it's 150k this time rather than 50-60k. It's already at $57,000 now, that's a previous stretch goal completed or well on it's way.I kinda hope they don't have too many of these stretch goals, given what's happened with star citizen.

exactly, not too much feature stretch goals :), more minor goals which dont need much work :)

I think that might our asian friends in the community need to advertise this stretch goal as much as they can, since it give all of them the chance to play if they're not able to read english, but Im happy with our progress with this goal so far :)

By going back through the old forums posts, it looks like we hit 2 million on June 16th. That was the Shadow stretch goal. We hit 2.05 mil on June 27th, which was the Banecircle stretch goal. So, 11 days to raise 50k. Since June 27th (11 days), another 57k has been added. 

The current stretch goal is more about bringing in new backers rather than getting new money from existing backers. I'm sure more stuff will be added to the store over time to entice existing backers to spend more. I wouldn't expect to see much more in the way of stretch goals that add features, since they've already said that they've covered everything they wanted for the core game at launch. They may add in a few things, but I doubt they will do anything that will significantly impact their timeline to go live. 

I Do remember how the shadowbane servers could and would be destroyed almost because of certain "groups" from other countries would malisciously crash the servers...good ol days, But that said why am i feeling that its my responsibility to pay for that?

Must be the work of....The Gordon Walton Atarashī Kami Club!

Surprised the girls have not shown up to show their admiration for GW in setting this goal.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

They're probably tied up with something else.

Like not being stuck on servers with world destroying us vs. them single minded gaming cultures?

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

I was thinking more like rope or tentacles, but sure, that works too.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

One of the reason a perception of pledges slowing down was the ending of the sales and kickstarter upgrading packages ending 1-July.  I myself put sapphire on lay-away, but honestly I have no reason to feel the need to get anything else right now as we are just buying icons on a sales page.

I Do remember how the shadowbane servers could and would be destroyed almost because of certain "groups" from other countries would malisciously crash the servers...good ol days, But that said why am i feeling that its my responsibility to pay for that?

It isn't and you aren't. You are buying only whatever packages or items you have selected. If you don't agree with how ACE is using that money, it is your right to not buy anything. Having servers in Asia will bring in more people. That's good for the game and ultimately good for you if you choose to play the game. 

The main reason is it is just that, it's 3 more countries, which two have a pretty strict law on video games, specifically MMOs. The other reason is it is a lot of money for something most people don't care about. When it was "Pets" or "Shadow" people got really excited and were enticed to do more, the later stretch goals however have been "if you live in this country ____" but kept the same 50k-100k price tag. The community does want the game to reach other countries, but as a primarily American and English target demographic, there isn't much incentive for other players. The majority of money made by Crowfall I'd argue now isn't from new players but from long time fans that are either upgrading initial rewards (say to Amber) or buying stuff from the shop now like the guild options, keeps or fortresses. 

TL;DR: Asia isn't something to be excited about for a primarily American audience (aka the ones that back the vast majority of the game's money).

The main reason is it is just that, it's 3 more countries, which two have a pretty strict law on video games, specifically MMOs. The other reason is it is a lot of money for something most people don't care about. When it was "Pets" or "Shadow" people got really excited and were enticed to do more, the later stretch goals however have been "if you live in this country ____" but kept the same 50k-100k price tag. The community does want the game to reach other countries, but as a primarily American and English target demographic, there isn't much incentive for other players. The majority of money made by Crowfall I'd argue now isn't from new players but from long time fans that are either upgrading initial rewards (say to Amber) or buying stuff from the shop now like the guild options, keeps or fortresses. 

TL;DR: Asia isn't something to be excited about for a primarily American audience (aka the ones that back the vast majority of the game's money).

I guess the :potential" for money is down the road.  We are being asked to "back"  that down the road revenue as it will  benefit us, eventually.  Also, their own servers.  :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I believe they will drop a sale if revenue start to lag behind goals.  I believe it was in a couple months we were going to be able to start butchering our kickstarter packages to sell off, at which time you can guarantee people will spend more than they sell off.

I'm a little confused about this stretch goal (most of them, actually...). 

There isn't anything beneficial to me as a player by helping reach it. I feel most of them (other than the rullesets) were that way.

That would seem to be why it's going so slow; there's nothing in it for every player if it is achieved.

This is the kind of thing that really shouldn't be a community-facing stretch goal, but rather some bullet point on an internal capital expenditure plan. 

I fully agree with this.  However, I tend to look at it as more players in a PVP game is always better and if it makes it easier for them to crowd fund later then awesome.  I just don't want them to start pulling any Star Citizen style crowd funding.

U1U8i28.png

I'm a little confused about this stretch goal (most of them, actually...). 

There isn't anything beneficial to me as a player by helping reach it. I feel most of them (other than the rullesets) were that way.

That would seem to be why it's going so slow; there's nothing in it for every player if it is achieved.

This is the kind of thing that really shouldn't be a community-facing stretch goal, but rather some bullet point on an internal capital expenditure plan. 

More options, like localized server, means more backing/future revenue for ACE and a better chance at the game surviving.  For example, WoW is 60% Asian sub supported at this time being alive for over a decade (not trying to start a WoW debate).

Edited by Savevsdeathmagic

Actually Star Citizen is doing something right and is a very ambitious project. I am happy with the progress and even the delays. If its not ready keep working on it. I am a patient man and will play other games till Star Citizen is finished. Chris Roberts mentioned this game in his blog. The only reason i even know about it. I wonder how many folks are here because he mentioned this game? I am part of a much larger guild and if this game gets to a state where i think they will enjoy it they will come. Many of them have deep pockets like i do. The ones that do not we will buy them packages like we have always done.

Quite frankly the Asian goal does not excite me one iota. I do not even think it should have been a goal. Western and Asian games are quite different and usually are exclusive to those regions. There are exceptions as someone pointed out WoW. WoW has been an exception for many things related to mmo's. And is a very large budget theme park type game very different to what crowfall will be.  I believe they would of been better off offering a few more features to the game including this internal goal of theres.