Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blender

Asian Stretch Goal going slow?

Why don't we leaves some facts for people:

Kickstarter ended March 26th at $1,783,796.

On June 16th, we passed the $2mm mark.

It took 82 days to gather $216,204 at a rate of $2636.63 per day.

The bane circle goal was reached on June 27th ($2,050,000) only 11 days later at a rate of $4545.45 per day.

We have moved another $144,195 to $2,194,195 as of right now. This is 40 days after the last stretch goal and has a rate of $3604.88 per day.

Use those numbers as you will, but it is a slower stretch goal than the bane circle. Generally faster than the post-Kickstarter funding up to $2,000,000 however.

Why don't we leaves some facts for people:

Kickstarter ended March 26th at $1,783,796.

On June 16th, we passed the $2mm mark.

It took 82 days to gather $216,204 at a rate of $2636.63 per day.

The bane circle goal was reached on June 27th ($2,050,000) only 11 days later at a rate of $4545.45 per day.

We have moved another $144,195 to $2,194,195 as of right now. This is 40 days after the last stretch goal and has a rate of $3604.88 per day.

Use those numbers as you will, but it is a slower stretch goal than the bane circle. Generally faster than the post-Kickstarter funding up to $2,000,000 however.

To add proper context to this... the bane circle stretch goal pretty much happened during the final leg of the kickstar upgrade promotion... so it's pretty crazy that even without that promotion really impacting the asian localization stretch goal it was still able to fund at such a terrific rate and with such minimal help from promotions and for features that aren't really appealing to western audiences.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I agree numbers don't lie, but imho, this stretchgoal was reached faster because of the last days of the Kickstarter packages being available. The numbers don't take this fact into account.

Edit: VK was quicker it seems!  :)

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I would agree that it doesn't show that.

I will say that we do have the large castle sale going on right now though and that is rather important. :rolleyes:

That's very funny... I myself don't believe many people are buying large castles...

4545.45 right...

[45]   [45]   [45]

[4+5][4+5][4+5]

[9]      [9]      [9]

and when we flip 999...

Let's see how long it takes before flex shows up with an illuminati image.

We did add a bunch of new stuff to the store as well. I am sure a few people pick them up. Could be fuelling this one as well... you know... for the context.

Personally I don't care about it.

We did add a bunch of new stuff to the store as well. I am sure a few people pick them up. Could be fuelling this one as well... you know... for the context.

Personally I don't care about it.

Could be... but it's not probable... this one has a stretch goal that isn't appealing to the west, doesn't really have the kickstarter promotions to ride on, and it's still just funding so well and so quickly... it's awesome!

Was a good stretch goal, good market to attempt to get into.

Has there been a similar one for Latin/South America? I'm from the US, but I feel for my BR bros (I know the vast majority of the rest of LA/SA speak Spanish). Ton of gamers down there, could easily support a good PvP game.

As for backing, I have only backed a big $5 so far. When, or if, I back more it will have nothing to do with stretch goal.

Though, maybe I'll tip in a little extra if there support for LA/SA. ;) ;) ;) ;)

gCWxS8u.jpg

Again, don't expect the next few stretch goals to go by quickly unless they open more items up on the store (and most likely cheaper). The nxt few stretch goals are all ones that not everyone wants, cares about, or had input in, so don't expect too much. Especially look at the video one, they hired the guy before even knowing if they had the money to pay him lol.

Again, don't expect the next few stretch goals to go by quickly unless they open more items up on the store (and most likely cheaper). The nxt few stretch goals are all ones that not everyone wants, cares about, or had input in, so don't expect too much. Especially look at the video one, they hired the guy before even knowing if they had the money to pay him lol.

I expect the opposite. With the recent greybox videos and the others we should get soon, pretty sure that it will attract plenty of new backers.

My impression is that the main motivation for new backers to pledge is not to help reaching the stretch goals, but to obtain the rewards and help Crowfall development. Compared to them, the stretch goals may be only a minor incentive.

Edited by courant101

But that's the thing... this goal was much larger... on top of it had less promotions running for less time, and it was also a stretch goal that wasn't particularly interesting to western audiences... despite all of that it still funded a much larger amount at a faster rate...

You can draw the easiest conclusion, that it was an effective stretch goal, because it is about to be funded quickly for a large amount. 

You don't seem to be acknowledging that there are other variables that could, at least in theory, be responsible for that large goal funding at a faster rate.

There were other things going on during the same time period.  The stretch goal itself may have played a small role in earning the most recent 150k of funding.  

You can at least agree that is possible, right?

IhhQKY6.gif

You don't seem to be acknowledging that there are other variables that could, at least in theory, be responsible for that large goal funding at a faster rate.

There were other things going on during the same time period.  The stretch goal itself may have played a small role in earning the most recent 150k of funding.  

You can at least agree that is possible, right?

I'm just a logical person that generally accepts the most probable explanation until it is disproven.  I'm not a hater, i'm not looking for some farfetched explanation as to why it funded so well... I mean the evidence is very compelling.... the stretch goal didn't appeal to western audiences, so from an appeal factor it wouldn't be attracting them, there were less promotions going on, so chances are they weren't getting as much promotion related contributions, and it still funded so well and so quickly. 

Edit:  Also in response to nicholas, I think any stretch goal that happens after people start streaming the game will probably fund pretty quickly...

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

25% of this stretch goal was funded in a couple of days thanks to the KS offer ending, I pointed it out when it happened.

So, overall the stretch goal was slower. I am pretty sure asians didn't even see it (or cared, lol), but only Tyrant can confirm or deny this claim.

Anyway, it wasn't a bad stretch goal. Asian market is big and will surely help funding the game, if ACE manages to find a publisher there.

y9tj8G5.png

25% of this stretch goal was funded in a couple of days thanks to the KS offer ending, I pointed it out when it happened.

So, overall the stretch goal was slower. I am pretty sure asians didn't even see it (or cared, lol), but only Tyrant can confirm or deny this claim.

Anyway, it wasn't a bad stretch goal. Asian market is big and will surely help funding the game, if ACE manages to find a publisher there.

I think this is pretty illogical thinking.... obviously the KS ending contributed to some degree... but also the fact that the stretch goal was new played a factor.  If you are someone in the eastern market, and you hear about the new stretch goal to localize for your region, if you are interested in such a thing chances are you get involved pretty quickly because you want such a goal to be funded.  This is pretty much no different than how the game funded in general, with the majority of backers getting involved early on during the kickstarter, and then a steady amount trickling in over time.

Even if we were to assume all of that 25% was from the ks promo ending, and none of it was simply from interested people from the eastern markets, which is a pretty silly assumption in the first place, that's still only 25 percent of a large stretch goal, and they've still generated over 100k after that promo .