Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aparks

Make Mobs Drop USE-ABLE Loot

Most MMO games I've played have mobs drop usually only gold/silver + maybe some crafting materials and maybe out of 20 mobs a single use-able item: sword, bow, steak, plate chest piece.

I suggest Mobs have loot drops players can count on and the higher tier the better the loot.

Example from Darkfall Online (Not Darkfall Unholy Wars):

- I log in knowing obviously I want to farm gold, but also by looking at my bank I'm low on food, reagents, arrows, armor and weapons and I don't want to harvest resources to craft the things I need, so I head out to kill monsters that will drop items I need.

- I choose to Kill a mob called Varangians that have 3 sub groups at the spawn: Archers, Mages, Fighters.

Loot Table I Can Count On From the Varangians:

Varangian Archer USE-ABLE Drops:

- 20-65 gold

- 8-11 arrows

- 40% chance to drop a r4 bow

- 50% chance to drop r1 leather armor piece

- 30% chance to drop cooked bass fish

- 15% chance to drop small stamina potion

Varangian Mage USE-ABLE Drops:

- 55-89 gold

- 1-9 resin reagent

- 1-4 nacre reagent

- 1-22 sulfur reagent

- 1-6 ash reagent

- 1-8 mandrake reagent

- 40% chance to drop excellent robe

- 20% chance to drop excellent hood

- 99% chance to drop r1 staff

- 9% chance to drop rune stone

-10% chance to drop large mana potion

Varangian Fighter:

- 122-251 gold

- 44% chance to drop t5 Full Plate Armor Pieces

- 50% chance to drop t4 1h sword

- 99% chance to drop t1 shield

- 3% chance to drop treasure map

- 10% chance to drop large health potion

Random Bear (Nearby):

- 1% chance to drop rare item

- 7-13 Rawhide (Skinning Knife Required)

- 4-9 meat

* Please feel free to ask questions about my logic behind this.

* This style of loot system makes me want to log in and do stuff in the world and would make players not fear so much dieing and losing items if they are always getting items they can use instantly.

Edited by aparks

I hated Darkfall drops...

way too random...

I don't even want to think about acquiring those q4 or q5 enchant mats... ugh =/

We'll have a more crafting focused gear acquisition in CF.

Wont be that many mob drops overall I assume. They repeatedly said they want to make crafters useful and that wont really happen if everyone just farms certain mobs for certain gear. For example Menhir Sentinels. Nobody crafted Justicebringer or Decapitators (not sure... the GAxe they dropped).

I just hope that what we can loot is what we see. If mobs wear chain armor with a shield and a mace, then that stuff should also be in the corpse and not a random dagger or whatever.

But for the actual "good" stuff you probably have to rely on crafters.

Edited by freeze

We've been told there is zero usable gear dropping from monsters. Monsters will drop crafting materials but all equippable items will be player made.

Different economy model, intended to make sure that crafters are integral to the supply chain rather than an optional afterthought.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Unless durability on items drops incredibly fast from fighting there really won't be a need for item drops from mobs.

Say you die, you are probably going to respawn at a nearby friendly fort/stronghold. Once there there will be craters making armor and weapons (presumably for very cheap or even free because most of what they aquire won't be coming back with them via the rules of the campaign). You grab a decent set to start off with again and go out to do battle, if you are any good you will be picking through dead bodies on the battle field after victory!

Edit: the reason I think basic gear will be cheap is because if the crafees don't help the people fighting and their team looses they will bring even less back with them from the campaign.

Edited by Blender

I understand where they are coming from but it really makes killing mobs feel boring and less achieving if all they drop is currency and raw materials.

I'm by no means a pixel hugger, but I do like games to reward me for my time and crafting matts doesn't feel like rewards to me. Feels like the start of a crafting grind that will be the same amount of time consuming crap if I were to get a second job. 

After 7 days of Albion I feel like I'm still dirt broke.

After 1 year of Mortal Online I feel like I'm dirt broke.

And those are only 2 examples of a crafting economy that seems to be like Crowfall wants.

All I'm trying to say is we all will be crafters on the side, just how our human brains work we want to be and do everything, so thats my second struggle with a game with classes. This only mean people will buy as many character slots as they can so they can still do everything when in reality that means we should just be allowed to do everything on 1 account. Example: if your interested in Crowfall, than you most likely on Skyrim and that means you honestly at heart like a game where you can be a jack of all trades and do everything and don't you like when you get useable item drops in that game? 

I assure you guys after a while with a loot system as you all mentioned it will feel like a second job and it will leave you not really wanting to come back to play after a while.

Edited by aparks

Well, what are you going to buy those crafted items with the drops from mobs?

Yes Darkfall Online still had a very thriving economy with drops like the ones I mentioned above.

People still crafted (almost everyone did) and people still ALWAYS bought crafted items.

But people still also used mob drop items for suicide pvp and for sieges and for farming more mobs.

It also made pve more fun and rewarding knowing maybe you can get cooked food and already made potions off mobs instead of having to craft.

It also meant some mob spawns were HOT SPOTS for pvp so people would fight over for the possible loot drops, adding in a new element to pvp and territory control.

Edited by aparks

We've been told there is zero usable gear dropping from monsters. Monsters will drop crafting materials but all equippable items will be player made.

Different economy model, intended to make sure that crafters are integral to the supply chain rather than an optional afterthought.

Good guy Jihan dropping them knowledge bombs.   B)

@aparks Pretty sure crafting materials will be considered extremely valuable wherever they are found, so that in turn will create those pvp hotspots your'e looking for.  I'm sure everyone will craft a bit, but since you can only take one character on your account into a given campaign, being good at crafting means you aren't really spec'd well for fighting (and vice/versa).  So you're strongly encouraged to be social and not become a one man army.  PvP is not a good place to be if you're a Jack-of-all-trades.

Most MMO games I've played have mobs drop usually only gold/silver + maybe some crafting materials and maybe out of 20 mobs a single use-able item: sword, bow, steak, plate chest piece.

I suggest Mobs have loot drops players can count on and the higher tier the better the loot.

Example from Darkfall Online (Not Darkfall Unholy Wars):

- I log in knowing obviously I want to farm gold, but also by looking at my bank I'm low on food, reagents, arrows, armor and weapons and I don't want to harvest resources to craft the things I need, so I head out to kill monsters that will drop items I need.

- I choose to Kill a mob called Varangians that have 3 sub groups at the spawn: Archers, Mages, Fighters.

Loot Table I Can Count On From the Varangians:

Varangian Archer USE-ABLE Drops:

- 20-65 gold

- 8-11 arrows

- 40% chance to drop a r4 bow

- 50% chance to drop r1 leather armor piece

- 30% chance to drop cooked bass fish

- 15% chance to drop small stamina potion

Varangian Mage USE-ABLE Drops:

- 55-89 gold

- 1-9 resin reagent

- 1-4 nacre reagent

- 1-22 sulfur reagent

- 1-6 ash reagent

- 1-8 mandrake reagent

- 40% chance to drop excellent robe

- 20% chance to drop excellent hood

- 99% chance to drop r1 staff

- 9% chance to drop rune stone

-10% chance to drop large mana potion

Varangian Fighter:

- 122-251 gold

- 44% chance to drop t5 Full Plate Armor Pieces

- 50% chance to drop t4 1h sword

- 99% chance to drop t1 shield

- 3% chance to drop treasure map

- 10% chance to drop large health potion

Random Bear (Nearby):

- 1% chance to drop raft

- 7-13 Rawhide (Skinning Knife Required)

* Please feel free to ask questions about my logic behind this.

* This style of loot system makes me want to log in and do stuff in the world and would make players not fear so much dieing and losing items if they are always getting items they can use instantly.

let the developers, artists and techs do something new we pure and real gamers need...crowfall is not wow or anyother cookie cutter mmo

Yeah this is not going to happen, and it absolutely should not happen. This takes away from the need to interact with other players and it directly removes the relevance of crafting focused players in campaigns. I suggest you take the time to understand some of the vision of the game before adding suggestions like this to the suggestion forums. If you have a differing opinion, I suggest you take it to general discussion and state clearly why you are opposed to this vision.

Good luck around here, I have a feeling you are going to need it.

Yeah this is not going to happen, and it absolutely should not happen. This takes away from the need to interact with other players and it directly removes the relevance of crafting focused players in campaigns. I suggest you take the time to understand some of the vision of the game before adding suggestions like this to the suggestion forums. If you have a differing opinion, I suggest you take it to general discussion and state clearly why you are opposed to this vision.

Good luck around here, I have a feeling you are going to need it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion including myself.  You guys like the Economy style Albion Online and Mortal Online have. I do as well but feel the mob loot tables are lacking a lot.  You can have a wonderful crafting system and a wonderful mob drop loot system working together. Again I relate back to Darkfall Online and Ultima Online. 

I am no WOW fanboy.

I'm a very hardcore full loot open world no safe zone player.

I however don't like crafting and I don't like to feed other crafters when I can feed my alt crafting. However crafted items should ALWAYS be better than loot drop items I agree.

Risk v Reward gaming is fun to me. I would risk going into more dangerous territory for better loot drops, but not for higher quality materials that don't really pay for the durability loss in attempting to obtain them

My biggest issue with games with the economy system crowfall wants is just that it pays more to kill average mobs because the payout over time is better and costs you less in durability.

Where as in my economy scenario the payout is always better and makes players want to travel and explore more and go the extra distance and kill the extra harder mobs.

In your guy's current Crowfall economy scenario I would literally just farmup currency on average mobs and buy gear with pure currency, since I already know it would be less of a headache and the system to me wouldn't be reward enough to go farm an elite monster and lose more than I make in dura v rare materials.

Edited by aparks

I think you misunderstand the part where killing mobs isn't supposed to be what's interesting in Crowfall.

Never said it was.

Saying that by having a strong pve economy you can fuel the pvp much easier and faster and at the same time create many new pvp hotspots. It will also make more people less likely to hug protected or safer areas.

Crafting grind is no fun. And like I said above we will all have alts for crafting because as humans we want to do EVERYTHING at once and not share and feed others our hard earn materials and time. We're selfish creatures. This than leads to most players quitting over time being burnt out on the game since it had become a second job gathering materials and crafting 90% of the time you play the game and only leaving 10% of the time to pvp.

Edited by aparks

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion including myself. You guys like the Economy style Albion Online and Mortal Online have. I do as well but feel the mob loot tables are lacking a lot. You can have a wonderful crafting system and a wonderful mob drop loot system working together. Again I relate back to Darkfall Online and Ultima Online.

I am no WOW fanboy.

I'm a very hardcore full loot open world no safe zone player.

I however don't like crafting and I don't like to feed other crafters when I can feed my alt crafting. However crafted items should ALWAYS be better than loot drop items I agree.

Risk v Reward gaming is fun to me. I would risk going into more dangerous territory for better loot drops, but not for higher quality materials that don't really pay for the durability loss in attempting to obtain them

My biggest issue with games with the economy system crowfall wants is just that it pays more to kill average mobs because the payout over time is better and costs you less in durability.

Where as in my economy scenario the payout is always better and makes players want to travel and explore more and go the extra distance and kill the extra harder mobs.

In your guy's current Crowfall economy scenario I would literally just farmup currency on average mobs and buy gear with pure currency, since I already know it would be less of a headache and the system to me wouldn't be reward enough to go farm an elite monster and lose more than I make in dura v rare materials.

Pretty sure monsters won't be dropping currency nor will you be bringing alternate crafters into the same campaign (other than those with multiple accounts).

You can have you opinion... not sure what that was all about, I merely suggested you combat the vision for this game in General Discussion. It isn't about forcing a player driven economy, it is about forcing player engagement on all levels. You want to just farm the easy mode materials? Awesome, enjoy... you should still be successful if you have any skill.

Perhaps, in the end here, you should just farm other players. You can always get your equipment drops that way!

Edited by Adall

Pretty sure monsters won't be dropping currency nor will you be bringing alternate crafters into the same campaign (other than those with multiple accounts).

You can have you opinion... not sure what that was all about, I merely suggested you combat the vision for this game in General Discussion. It isn't about forcing a player driven economy, it is about forcing player engagement on all levels. You want to just farm the easy mode materials? Awesome, enjoy... you should still be successful if you have any skill.

Perhaps, in the end here, you should just farm other players. You can always get your equipment drops that way!

Oh my haha.  I'm sure the economy style will go in your favor, but I had to give my suggestion all the same.

It's not about farming easy mode for high profit.

Its about farming the most efficient way.

It makes absolutely no sense to me how most games with economies like Crowfall wants makes the Better/ Rare resources take soo long to obtain while at the same time wearing down players armor and weapons to almost 0% and when you go to loot or skin that said monster they drop 1-3 of the rare material that in the end costs less than the gear you had on to farm it and took 20-40 minutes of your life that you will never get back.

I can hope that Crowfall devs are smart enough to not let the scenario I just spelled out happen, but I find it will get past them like it does in soo many games.

So yes in an economy Crowfall wants to have at the current moment I would play on a hardcore full loot server and get my gear strictly through pvp. Than new issues arise with zergs and the game not being 100% skill shot fps style, but instead easy mode aoe/cone skills.

Edited by aparks

Never said it was.

Saying that by having a strong pve economy you can fuel the pvp much easier and faster and at the same time create many new pvp hotspots. It will also make more people less likely to hug protected or safer areas.

Crafting grind is no fun. And like I said above we will all have alts for crafting because as humans we want to do EVERYTHING at once and not share and feed others our hard earn materials and time. We're selfish creatures. This than leads to most players quitting over time being burnt out on the game since it had become a second job gathering materials and crafting 90% of the time you play the game and only leaving 10% of the time to pvp.

no.  if you're a crafter, you're a crafter.  If you aren't a crafter main, you aren't going to produce the higher grade gear.  If you don't want to be a crafter main, be a pvper and rely on those who are crafter mains.  If you get burned out like you said instead of relying on others (like this game is designed for you to do).... well there are a lot of different people in this world including those of lower intelligence, I will not have any sympathy for you.

no.  if you're a crafter, you're a crafter.  If you aren't a crafter main, you aren't going to produce the higher grade gear.  If you don't want to be a crafter main, be a pvper and rely on those who are crafter mains.  If you get burned out like you said instead of relying on others (like this game is designed for you to do).... well there are a lot of different people in this world including those of lower intelligence, I will not have any sympathy for you.

Hahaha it astounds me how the average person takes such offense soo easily and responds in rude sarcasm because in their minds eye if people don't think like they do than they must be less intelligent haha.

We all want the best game for US (OURSELVES) to play. While it's being created we want to help shape it in the best way that will fit our needs.

I understand your mindset and the others on this thread that all want a 100% crafter driven economy.

I'm ok with that.

But I would personally have more fun if I didn't have to 100% of the time rely on crafters.

And yes I would buy an alt to craft on.

So would most other serious gamers.

Its just incredibly time consuming and does become a part time job which = less fun.

Eh.. got to agree with Adall. This is foremost a PVP game, well that's why I pledged for the game. If it was going to be another grind by farming monsters to get gear and resources than no thanks, there's already other games like that. It feels like that most of the resources you get are from other players, i.e. you kill them or raid their resource area, i.e a mine. Or you can quickly grab and fight to keep these resource points, but then comes the hauling of the lootz back to your keep/castle so the crafter's can use the resources to make new gear. So, if monsters "dropped" the gear you needed, then this whole interaction is obsolete and the game would slowly die because it would be like every other MMORPG out there. 

You have to remember that you're not restricted to just one character, you have a minimum of 3 slots, and if you have VIP you can train all three of them at the same passively. So, you don't need to rely on another crafter to get gear for you. You can make one yourself. There could also be NPC crafter's.

Edited by zero2none

Eh.. got to agree with Adall. This is foremost a PVP game, well that's why I pledged for the game. If it was going to be another grind by farming monsters to get gear and resources than no thanks, there's already other games like that. It feels like that most of the resources you get are from other players, i.e. you kill them or raid their resource area, i.e a mine. Or you can quickly grab and fight to keep these resource points, but then comes the hauling of the lootz back to your keep/castle so the crafter's can use the resources to make new gear. So, if monsters "dropped" the gear you needed, then this whole interaction is obsolete and the game would slowly die because it would be like every other MMORPG out there. 

I appreciate your response in this thread the most. I also respect it the most.

I can 100% see where you are coming from.

If this is the case than I have no problem and would embrace it open handed.

However there will be a huge grind on gathering resources. You will still have to kill countless amounts of pve mobs and gather countless amounts of tree's, stones, metal etc.

So in your response I would love that go kill players and steal their materials.

But that still wont be enough. You will still have to grind ALOT of mind numbingly boring crap to feed a crafter and get gear in return.

Also, getting gear from mob drops would actually make me do the raids alot more often as you mentioned above.

Because I now have gear to use/lose and I know the profit from a raid like you stated would payout better than pve.

Edited by aparks

Hahaha it astounds me how the average person takes such offense soo easily and responds in rude sarcasm because in their minds eye if people don't think like they do than they must be less intelligent haha.

Your assessment is incorrect.  I stated that someone who chooses to do something that burns themselves out is less intelligent.  A more intelligent person would choose a course of action that is less stressful to oneself.  The game is designed to not be solo friendly.  If you want to do everything yourself... you have nothing to blame but yourself for your poor choices.