Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aparks

Make Mobs Drop USE-ABLE Loot

Thanks for the lazy response to my comment, I was still writing when you responded to the previous person... 

There isn't going to be a grind since the resources generate by themselves at these points of interest, all you need to do is haul it then use it with a crafter, I don't see how that can be difficult. Sure, it might be time-consuming but that's why we have mounts and pack mules and this is where some fun PVP can happen. 

Edited by zero2none

Eh.. got to agree with Adall. This is foremost a PVP game, well that's why I pledged for the game. If it was going to be another grind by farming monsters to get gear and resources than no thanks, there's already other games like that. It feels like that most of the resources you get are from other players, i.e. you kill them or raid their resource area, i.e a mine. Or you can quickly grab and fight to keep these resource points, but then comes the hauling of the lootz back to your keep/castle so the crafter's can use the resources to make new gear. So, if monsters "dropped" the gear you needed, then this whole interaction is obsolete and the game would slowly die because it would be like every other MMORPG out there. 

I appreciate your response in this thread the most. I also respect it the most.

I can 100% see where you are coming from.

If this is the case than I have no problem and would embrace it open handed.

However there will be a huge grind on gathering resources. You will still have to kill countless amounts of pve mobs and gather countless amounts of tree's, stones, metal etc.

So in your response I would love that go kill players and steal their materials.

But that still wont be enough. You will still have to grind ALOT of mind numbingly boring crap to feed a crafter and get gear in return.

Also, getting gear from mob drops would actually make me do the raids alot more often as you mentioned above.

Because I now have gear to use/lose and I know the profit from a raid like you stated would payout better than pve.

Gathering metarials should be done by ores , trees and whatnot. A random skeleton should not drop mithril ore. And this is nowhere near a PvE hacknslash game. Im totally aganist PvE grinding. They can always have some very difficult dungeon with %100 important metarial drop chance. But than again because this is such a PvP game you will end up having more PvP in that dungeon, guilds competing to get that resource.

I dont think this game is at all designed "not to be solo friendly". I can see a proper assassin making huge amounts of money by ganking caravans and whatnot. Guilds? They need common folk's aid to win campaigns and their location is most of the time set, meaning they would have ot pay for their actions. But a random assassin? You are completely anonmyous. 

I dont think this game is at all designed "not to be solo friendly". I can see a proper assassin making huge amounts of money by ganking caravans and whatnot. Guilds? They need common folk's aid to win campaigns and their location is most of the time set, meaning they would have ot pay for their actions. But a random assassin? You are completely anonmyous. 

you are not going to win campaigns "solo" (maybe dregs, but that is unlikely as there will be guilds who go there and wipe out the solos), hence the "not solo friendly".  An assassin is going to have a hard time ganking caravans when the people see him coming.  Last I checked, one person isn't going to be able to come even close to competing with a dozen people.  And before you say "stealth", I am sure caravans will be bringing people with anti-stealth just to prevent the scenario you presented.  And guilds do not need common folk's aid.  The point of a guild is to be supporting each other and compensating for the weaknesses of the other people in the guild.  They should be completely self reliant unless they are a really small guild.

Gathering metarials should be done by ores , trees and whatnot. A random skeleton should not drop mithril ore. And this is nowhere near a PvE hacknslash game. Im totally aganist PvE grinding. They can always have some very difficult dungeon with %100 important metarial drop chance. But than again because this is such a PvP game you will end up having more PvP in that dungeon, guilds competing to get that resource.

I wouldn't go as far as saying you actually have to mine ore, cut trees and so on. I believe I heard them saying there will be NPC's guarding your keeps/castles, so it safe to assume that there will be NPC's that harvest resources for you as well. 

you are not going to win campaigns "solo" (maybe dregs, but that is unlikely as there will be guilds who go there and wipe out the solos), hence the "not solo friendly".  An assassin is going to have a hard time ganking caravans when the people see him coming.  Last I checked, one person isn't going to be able to come even close to competing with a dozen people.  And before you say "stealth", I am sure caravans will be bringing people with anti-stealth just to prevent the scenario you presented.  And guilds do not need common folk's aid.  The point of a guild is to be supporting each other and compensating for the weaknesses of the other people in the guild.  They should be completely self reliant unless they are a really small guild.

"Winning the campaign" is not winnign the game. There are some people that just care about having fun inside campaigns and not the name "wins it". Im one of those people, i could not care less about EKs and importans and all other non-campaign related things.

Guilds need common folks aid againts other guilds. A guild with bad republiton will have very hard time in any campaign. Its not just being "self sustainable". Its about having more allies, having better gear and better economy.

We have no word in how anti-stealth could work. But im pretty sure its limited to a level it just cant stop an assasins hiding in a forest. If you are good enough you might be able to win aganist a very small group , after all this game is action based.

I wouldn't go as far as saying you actually have to mine ore, cut trees and so on. I believe I heard them saying there will be NPC's guarding your keeps/castles, so it safe to assume that there will be NPC's that harvest resources for you as well. 

WHERE DO THE RESOURCES COME FROM?

Resources can be harvested from the environment, and sometimes found on certain monsters.  Materials come from particular types of POIs (Points of Interest) called resource factories: Quarries, Lumber Mills, and Mines. 

http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54ca4682bffce6644cb3380a

Edited by Eren

WHERE DO THE RESOURCES COME FROM?

Resources can be harvested from the environment, and sometimes found on certain monsters.  Materials come from particular types of POIs (Points of Interest) called resource factories: Quarries, Lumber Mills, and Mines. 

http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54ca4682bffce6644cb3380a

Watch the CAPS LOCK. You need to re-read my post because I said "you" won't need to harvest it, NPC's most likely will do it for you. I never said there won't be any ore deposits or trees. The question is if you can interact with them yourself or are they just static objects that NPC's interact with?

Edited by zero2none

"Winning the campaign" is not winnign the game. There are some people that just care about having fun inside campaigns and not the name "wins it". Im one of those people, i could not care less about EKs and importans and all other non-campaign related things.

Guilds need common folks aid againts other guilds. A guild with bad republiton will have very hard time in any campaign. Its not just being "self sustainable". Its about having more allies, having better gear and better economy.

We have no word in how anti-stealth could work. But im pretty sure its limited to a level it just cant stop an assasins hiding in a forest. If you are good enough you might be able to win aganist a very small group , after all this game is action based.

I'm in a guild of ex-shadowbane players. They are totally crazy about this game and they believe that if it's like anything like shadowbane it'll have "tracks" that anti-stealth characters have to follow to find these stealthed people. I don't think it'll be like, "oh look, I can see through your cloak". 

Watch the CAPS LOCK. You need to re-read my post because I said "you" won't need to harvest it, NPC's most likely will. I never said there won't be any ore deposits or trees. 

Tell that to the person that wrote FAQ

Is it not obvious enough that FAQ clearly states that it will be players that will harvest those resources on the enviorenment? Or are you suggesting that they meant NPCS with "can be harvested"

I'm in a guild of ex-shadowbane players. They are totally crazy about this game and they believe that if it's like anything like shadowbane it'll have "tracks" that anti-stealth characters have to follow to find these stealthed people. I don't think it'll be like, "oh look, I can see through your cloak". 

That would be very beautiful, but since game is voxel based there might be a way to hide those tracks aswell
Edited by Eren

Watch the CAPS LOCK. You need to re-read my post because I said "you" won't need to harvest it, NPC's most likely will. I never said there won't be any ore deposits or trees.

You will have to harvest and haul your own resources. They have stated they want to limit the amount of NPCs in game to thralls in the EKs. Recently they mentioned guards/archers in CWs, but we need more info on that...

Trust me that if they allow you to have NPCs go harvest for you, this game immediately turns down the wrong road given what they are trying to create.

Also, that wasn't capslock, just some FAQ copypasta.

The issue is we all come from different styles of hardcore pvp games.

I come from:

- Ultima Online

- Darkfall Online

- Mortal Online

All FULL LOOT OPEN WORLD no true safe zones

Many players come from shadow bane.

Many players come from guild wars, elder scrolls online, world of warcraft.

Many come from star wars.

Many come from games like rust, reign of kings, h1z1, dayz, warz etc.

These Crowfall devs are touching on things that players from all these games like.

I know personally the idea I mentioned in the intial thread post worked extremely well for Darkfall Online and Ultima Online at the same time still making crafters extremely useful and wanted and appreciated and actually gave way more time for people to raid cities and hamlets across the world. World pvp was high and thriving.

Economies more ran strictly on pure raw materials like Mortal Online, Reign of kings, Albion Online, etc lead to localized safety mindsets where people never travel the entire map. They just constantly raid their neighbors. Because they feel safer close to home and because there is no real point in going far away since materials are just kinda everywhere.

I understand crowfall will have limited resources, but still people will still farm thy neighbor and not venture out far.

Edited by aparks

You will have to harvest and haul your own resources. They have stated they want to limit the amount of NPCs in game to thralls in the EKs. Recently they mentioned guards/archers in CWs, but we need more info on that...

Trust me that if they allow you to have NPCs go harvest for you, this game immediately turns down the wrong road given what they are trying to create.

Also, that wasn't capslock, just some FAQ copypasta.

I don't think it would go down the wrong road, as it cuts down the time spent on non-PVP things. 

There's no reason we can't have both things... It's not like you could have 100 NPC's cutting wood for you. That would create so much lag.

Edited by zero2none

I don't think it would go down the wrong road, as it cuts down the time spent on non-PVP things.

Harvesting in an open season environment is a PvP activity. If anyone remembers gathering resources in UO, they also remember the risks of gathering those resources. Crafting and harvesting fuel the PvP war machine and will be crucial to this game's success. Hitting enemy supply lines will be a thing, destroying crafting centers will be a thing. That economic damage is real! Edited by Adall

Harvesting in an open season environment is a PvP activity. If anyone remembers gathering resources in UO, they also remember the risks of gathering those resources. Crafting and harvesting fuel the PvP war machine and will be crucial to this games success. Hitting enemy supply lines will be a thing, destroying crafting centers will be a thing. That economic damage is real!

Yea, so what's bad at going around killing NPC's that are harvesting these resources for your enemy? I mean if you had to click a button to add a NPC to harvest, then you could grief them to death, forcing them to pull their attention to you from somewhere else. I think of the NPC's like drones in EVE Online, you would have your main mining lasers doing the brunt of the work, gathering the most of the resources, but you could also have mining drones that harvest a little bit also on the side. 

Edited by zero2none

Yea, so what's bad at going around killing NPC's that are harvesting these resources for your enemy? I mean if you had to click a button to add a NPC to harvest, then you could grief them to death, forcing them to pull their attention to you from somewhere else. I think of the NPC's like drones in EVE Online, you would have your main mining lasers doing the brunt of the work, gathering the most of the resources, but you could also have mining drones that harvest a little bit also.

Because it removes a level of player interaction, which is the big problem with this suggestion of monsters droping equippable loot.

Yea, so what's bad at going around killing NPC's that are harvesting these resources for your enemy? I mean if you had to click a button to add a NPC to harvest, then you could grief them to death, forcing them to pull their attention to you from somewhere else. I think of the NPC's like drones in EVE Online, you would have your main mining lasers doing the brunt of the work, gathering the most of the resources, but you could also have mining drones that harvest a little bit also. 

I like your idea.

I believe everyone should share all ideas.

But people are to close minded to see other possibilities.

They believe their own idea is the only true way to have a good game economy.

The current way Crowfall is headed in their game economy can and will work and it will retain large number of gamers for atleast 1 year.

After that though people will get extremely tired and wore out. They will feel like the game is a second job. Thats the only reason why I wanted to add in my two cents in creating this thread.  Because believe it or not Crowfall is not the first to have an economy like this.  Many games out there have economies like this and they die out quickly leaving small amounts of players.

Because it removes a level of player interaction, which is the big problem with this suggestion of monsters droping equippable loot.

The quicker you get the loot the more time you have to pvp, the more comfortable people feel about losing their gear, the players don't mind traveling the entire map getting lost. At the same time crafters are still extremely viable because everything they make is superior to mob drop items.

I like your idea.

I believe everyone should share all ideas.

But people are to close minded to see other possibilities.

They believe their own idea is the only true way to have a good game economy.

The current way Crowfall is headed in their game economy can and will work and it will retain large number of gamers for atleast 1 year.

After that though people will get extremely tired and wore out. They will feel like the game is a second job. Thats the only reason why I wanted to add in my two cents in creating this thread.  Because believe it or not Crowfall is not the first to have an economy like this.  Many games out there have economies like this and they die out quickly leaving small amounts of players.

The problem.with your suggestion and the NPC harvester suggestion isn't that they are bad suggestions, the problem is that they don't fit the vision that is currently being presented.

As someone who says he played UO, I am also shocked to see you feel that way about harvesting resources. I could harvest up hundreds of ingots in a very short time frame, and use them to make plenty of armor pieces as well as weapons. It was no chore at all, but it was a risk being out there doing it.

I suggest if all you want to do is PvP, you should make some good crafting friends or ensure you have a good stockpile saved up from all your winnings you will likely not have. Be prepared for the worst!