Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stock

Ducem

If you are an accredited investor I believe there is an investment opportunity available via an equity raise currently in process.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Lol, a publicly traded company doing a kickstarter......

It's not that far fetched. While Shenmue 3 is technically being kickstarted by Ys Net, Sony was the one responsible for it, and have already claimed they will consider more kickstarters in the future. Investors want to mitigate risk when possible, and Kickstarter is increasingly being looked at as a platform to gauge interest, create buzz, and reduce risk. 

ncLez59.png

And yet still has not been done yet....

Anyway, it would be ridiculous if a company is already openly taking investors through the proper means and then goes around begging for money at the same time. It's like why even throw money at the kickstarter then if you can just buy shares in the company.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

And yet still has not been done yet....

Anyway, it would be ridiculous if a company is already openly taking investors through the proper means and then goes around begging for money at the same time. It's like why even throw money at the kickstarter then if you can just buy shares in the company.

Most major Kickstarters have outside investment lined up prior to the Kickstarter, including ACE. To answer your question: there are a lot of reasons why people wouldn't purchase stock instead. Firstly, it's more complicated for both parties to do. Second, there's no social media platform for stock. Third, there are a lot more laws surrounding purchasing equity than there are for pre-ordering a product/service.

ncLez59.png

Most major Kickstarters have outside investment lined up prior to the Kickstarter, including ACE. To answer your question: there are a lot of reasons why people wouldn't purchase stock instead. Firstly, it's more complicated for both parties to do. Second, there's no social media platform for stock. Third, there are a lot more laws surrounding purchasing equity than there are for pre-ordering a product/service.

Lol, if buying stock is too complicated for you to do, then one's life is a failure. As for the corporation, if it's a publcly traded company, then it's selling stock. It doesn't have to be a public corp, so if they don't want to bother with common stock then they shouldn't become one in the first place.

In terms of social media, I'm damn glad there isn't one. And social media should barely register a blimp in terms of your investing habits in the first place. That's a ridiculous point.

When you're dealing in the thousands of dollars all from one person, there better be litigation involved. The US is the most financially regulated country in the world and the system is designed around the fact to protect wrongdoings. If you want the most bang from your buck, it's best to go through the system.

Anyway there wasn't a question in my original post, and your post went off on a tangent that had nothing to do with my post as well. There's a huge difference between accepting money from everybody in the nation, instead of one or two bankers. Which isn't the case in this development anyway, since all the money came from either Todd or Gordan prior to the Kickstarter.

Edited by cannibal man

Which isn't the case in this development anyway, since all the money came from either Todd or Gordan prior to the Kickstarter.

I'm going to ignore the rest of your post because this is the only part that matters. You're wrong. There was outside investment prior to Kickstart, in addition to the founders funds.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=crowfall+outside+investment&oq=crowfall+outside+investment&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.2792j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

ncLez59.png

I'm going to ignore the rest of your post because this is the only part that matters. You're wrong. There was outside investment prior to Kickstart, in addition to the founders funds.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=crowfall+outside+investment&oq=crowfall+outside+investment&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.2792j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Okay bud, it's non-consequential to anything I was saying even if they did have one or two other guys help them out. And I'm not gonna do your google search for you.

Edited by cannibal man

Okay bud, it's non-consequential to anything I was saying even if they did have one or two other guys help them out. And I'm not gonna do your google search for you.

Let me remind you of what you said:

Anyway, it would be ridiculous if a company is already openly taking investors through the proper means and then goes around begging for money 

Now lets look at the Kickstarter page for Crowfall in the FAQ section:

ArtCraft took a minority investment round of $2.3 million last year. We will likely sell the rights to Crowfall in foreign territories (especially restricted markets, like China, where we can't ship the game, anyway) to add to our development budget. If that isn't enough, we can always take more minority investment if we need to.

ncLez59.png

Lol, if buying stock is too complicated for you to do, then one's life is a failure. As for the corporation, if it's a publcly traded company, then it's selling stock. It doesn't have to be a public corp, so if they don't want to bother with common stock then they shouldn't become one in the first place.

In terms of social media, I'm damn glad there isn't one. And social media should barely register a blimp in terms of your investing habits in the first place. That's a ridiculous point.

When you're dealing in the thousands of dollars all from one person, there better be litigation involved. The US is the most financially regulated country in the world and the system is designed around the fact to protect wrongdoings. If you want the most bang from your buck, it's best to go through the system.

Anyway there wasn't a question in my original post, and your post went off on a tangent that had nothing to do with my post as well. There's a huge difference between accepting money from everybody in the nation, instead of one or two bankers. Which isn't the case in this development anyway, since all the money came from either Todd or Gordan prior to the Kickstarter.

You are obviously not actively investing in securities or private investing.

Halethrain made a very clear point about why kickstarter is a great platform for speculative investing.  If any of the major stock exchanges could have a similar barometer for buying it would be a total game changer.

The only outstanding problem with kickstarter is that the return on investment is a direct product rather than a liquid asset.

Let me remind you of what you said:

Now lets look at the Kickstarter page for Crowfall in the FAQ section:

Lol, I was talking about someone being able to buy a stock through a stock market. Which is clearly what this thread is about. There's a huge difference between a bank, venture capitalists, hedge fund, or whatever being able to throw money at something in comparison to your next door neighbor being able to.

You are obviously not actively investing in securities or private investing.

Halethrain made a very clear point about why kickstarter is a great platform for speculative investing.  If any of the major stock exchanges could have a similar barometer for buying it would be a total game changer.

The only outstanding problem with kickstarter is that the return on investment is a direct product rather than a liquid asset.

It's great for the company. But it's a poor investment for an investor. Which is clearly what I was talking about, and the reasoning behind why I was stating that if ACE had a public stock then it would be preferable to just buy that rather than throw money at the kickstarter. You get 0 return on a kickstarter unless you wanna waste time flipping in-game items and other hogwash.

You don't know me man, and you don't know what I do. poorly made socks, I'm typing this from work right now where a stock ticker goes all around our office.

Edited by cannibal man

Lol, I was talking about someone being able to buy a stock through a stock market. Which is clearly what this thread is about. There's a huge difference between a bank, venture capitalists, hedge fund, or whatever being able to throw money at something in comparison to your next door neighbor being able to.

Again, Shenmue 3, a project that is being published by Sony Entertainment, a publicly traded corporation, is currently in a Kickstarter. They paraded it out during their E3 conference, leveraging a huge media platform combined with fan nostalgia literally breaking records for KS funding on a game they were already publishing to begin with. 

You get 0 return on a kickstarter unless you wanna waste time flipping in-game items and other hogwash.

That's not really true unless you Kickstart the minimum amount. Just about everyone that Kickstarted Crowfall will receive the game in return. Kickstarter Rewards are delayed returns on investment. just not monetary returns. However, the whole point of Kickstarter is that people aren't interested in profiting monetarily; they're interested in purchasing a product. 

Edited by halethrain

ncLez59.png

Again, Shenmue 3, a project that is being published by Sony Entertainment, a publicly traded corporation, is currently in a Kickstarter. They paraded it out during their E3 conference, leveraging a huge media platform combined with fan nostalgia literally breaking records for KS funding on a game they were already publishing to begin with. 

That's not really true unless you Kickstart the minimum amount. Just about everyone that Kickstarted Crowfall will receive the game in return. Kickstarter Rewards are delayed returns on investment. just not monetary returns. However, the whole point of Kickstarter is that people aren't interested in profiting monetarily; they're interested in purchasing a product. 

And that's the thing, Sony did not have any initial public attachment to the game until E3. Then they pretty much said that they took all the kickstarter "investors" money for lols due to the fact the game was already under development. These people will still receive their promised rewards, but a majority of them threw money at the game to see it get released. Talk about a big F U in the face. Luckily the KS is still in progress, allowing people to back out. And unsurprisingly, Kickstarter growth has dropped rapidly.

If you're only interested in purchasing the product, then only spend the amount needed to get said product. If the company isn't public, throw more money at them to insure said product gets released. If it is public however, directly invest in the company and purchase the game. You get more bang for your buck that way, and the company still equally wins as much. There would be very little interest in throwing more money at the kickstarter unless the other incentives are really that enticing to you. Which, for crowfall, we don't even really know how these incentives will factor into the game yet.

There would be less interest in the kickstarter at the end of the day if a company was public.

Edited by cannibal man