Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
siberain

Any Time Table to When we can Sell/Trade Our Items for Ither Items in Store?

I'm only curious as to when we will be able to sell back our items within the store for store credit, so we can buy other items within the store?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by siberain

"end of summer" was the latest word on this.

Not trying to necro this thread but it's November now....I was using the search function to see if I missed an update on when it will start. Nothing yet but still looking for details on what is eligible for traded in along with the procedures on how it will all work.

If the answer is "Ace has no answer till 2016" then I'll wait but we need to know BEFORE the 2015 items/packages are out of the store so we can make an informed decision. 

Not trying to necro this thread but it's November now....I was using the search function to see if I missed an update on when it will start. Nothing yet but still looking for details on what is eligible for traded in along with the procedures on how it will all work.

If the answer is "Ace has no answer till 2016" then I'll wait but we need to know BEFORE the 2015 items/packages are out of the store so we can make an informed decision. 

The system to redeem items is already implemented and I think that only the CE is redeemable at this time. They explained that they plan to offer specific item credits only from time to time and on some of the items that a lot of people don't want/can't use. My guess is that they won't add much stuff on the list of redeemable rewards in the near future.

There was a general impression in the community that almost everything would be meltable for credit; this was incorrect. A few specific things (so far, just the CE) will be refundable for credit, and strongholds will be upgradable to larger strongholds. If you're trying to make decisions about what to buy, assume that nothing is meltable except as specifically announced, and use that as your working theory.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I got a written confirmation though that (as an example) we would be able to trade the party invite for store credits. I do not see that activated yet. Being able to trade-in certain items for credit was one of my motivations to upgrade to Ruby.

Still waiting.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Upgrades:  All strongholds will have an upgrade path (until you get to the Imperial Palace level).  We don't have all the stronghold levels in the store yet, nor all the upgrades for the available strongholds in the store either. 

Buy Backs:   1) Not all items will be bought back, in fact a limited number of items will ever be bought back

2) The Collector's Edition buy back was rolled out recently to test the system

3) Our plan for offering buy backs will be mostly promotional, meaning we'll roll out new items in the store, and in conjunction offer a buy-back of a particular item for a limited time (you won't have to use the buy back credit on the new item though)

What's holding this up?

First it was the fact we hadn't gotten buy back rolled out and tested, but that's handled now with the Collector's Edition.  The next biggest issue is that we haven't been able to add items to the store as fast as we'd like.  It's compounded some by our web and platform work backlog (several systems took longer than expected, and now we're working on some new website functionality, on the system to reserve the various reserved names, the guild system and several other priorities). 

Bottom line, we'd like to do more buy backs but we really want to have a bigger catalog of items for you to spend the proceeds on.  It's a challenge that we're working to overcome.

All of our web / merchandising / store work is secondary to the core game development and backer reward delivery, which means we see more delays in this area than we'd like, but I think our priorities are sound in focusing on the game first.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

All of our web / merchandising / store work is secondary to the core game development and backer reward delivery, which means we see more delays in this area than we'd like, but I think our priorities are sound in focusing on the game first.

Thanks for the reply and explanation GW. I can appreciate your resource allocation to the game first, but I do hope this won't be at the cost of the community unable to make an informed decision on upgrades and store purchases. 

Whew, is that bad - I wonder how you think you can sell with that to your customers, who have already a fort, a keep or even a castle, if they cant trade in their fort (or keep if they want go for castle from keep) to the really next tier since currently it is only an in-tier upgrade possible  - Not a good move. And I wonder how many palaces you will sell, when the castles are already way overpriced for digital items in a game where you can lose everything.

Darklor

"Out of the dark, into the dark."

All strongholds will have an upgrade path (until you get to the Imperial Palace level)

I have no idea how you get to "in-tier only" from that, since if upgrades were in-tier only there'd be no upgrade path for 1/3 of all strongholds.

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I said currently - and as it currently is you cant upgrade from small keep to castle, but only to the large keep. Or trade in a building to get a package with a building. (And I dont know how it is with the mounts, since I dont want to unpack my bundle just to see if they are upgradeable, but for one I am sure that they cant be traded in.) And with a small package and separate building there isnt even a reason to get the first package with a building (and that would even cost more than the other 2 separate)

Darklor

Ok this is very important though.

I guess they have issues with buy-backs because of the kickstarter stuff.

For example the Collectors Edition was a big money incentive if you give it back.

If you could also give back VIP tickets then the Amber KS bundle would just totally be out of pricing.

KS Amber bundle had 6 years of VIP Membership, KS Gold bundle had 1 year.

Of course you cant make it that they can give all their VIP tickets back,, that would be an unreasonable incentive for the already rich KS amber bundle.

But the VIP tickets are the biggest part of the value for lesser backer bundles.

This is what is troubeling them in my opinion.

A solution would be including two rules for VIP tickets.

1) You can only give back VIP tickets you bought yourself on your account.

2) You can only give back 9 VIP tickets max.

For me 3 points are important to know.

1) Can I upgrade a Fort 2015 into a Castle 2015 ingame without the shop?

2) Will the buy-back option be available in 2015 so i got access to the 2015 items?

3) Will I be able to give back all my items for shop currency or will I only have the option to trade them on special offers by ACE against other items?

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

"As it currently is", we don't have EKs to play with so there's no practical impact of not having upgrade paths yet. I'm completely confident that you'll be able to make all the stronghold transactions you want, well before you have an EK in which to place those strongholds.

Tyrant explained that it's coming, that the timeline slipped, and that it slipped for good reasons. I'm not sure what else you want at this point.

And with all that said, if for some reason it's crucially important that you upgrade your fort to a castle right now, I suspect an email conversation with support would get you sorted.

Tully

"As it currently is", we don't have EKs to play with so there's no practical impact of not having upgrade paths yet. I'm completely confident that you'll be able to make all the stronghold transactions you want, well before you have an EK in which to place those strongholds.

Tyrant explained that it's coming, that the timeline slipped, and that it slipped for good reasons. I'm not sure what else you want at this point.

And with all that said, if for some reason it's crucially important that you upgrade your fort to a castle right now, I suspect an email conversation with support would get you sorted.

Ha, the thing is you cant - at least not for the 2015 items and packages since those will end this year. And with that you wont be able to upgrade from for example a 2015 fort to a 2015 castle. Should they implement it next year, then the upgrades will be for the 2016 items. As its now with the Kickstarter packages that will upgrade, when upgraded to a 2015 package.

And nope - since they dont trade in it wont. - Its not possible to upgrade from the Amber fort to the castle. (I know that, because that was what I already tried to do as long as the castles were for sale.)

Darklor

I said currently - and as it currently is you cant upgrade from small keep to castle, but only to the large keep. Or trade in a building to get a package with a building. (And I dont know how it is with the mounts, since I dont want to unpack my bundle just to see if they are upgradeable, but for one I am sure that they cant be traded in.) And with a small package and separate building there isnt even a reason to get the first package with a building (and that would even cost more than the other 2 separate)

Regarding unpacking your bundle -

You will then get a big list of items you have. 

It will look something like this (only longer and actually in table format)

Reward Name Reward Description Count Giftable Consumable Redeemable Forum Badge/Frame - Gold Patron KS Forum Badge/Frame - Gold Patron KS 1 No

No
No

Credits - Patron KS Credits - Patron KS 1 No

No
No

God Statue (1 of 12) - KS Choose an exclusive god statue for your personal kingdom 1 Yes

No
No

A stronghold and mount will show up as giftable, but they don't have anything about upgradeable yet.

Nightmare Mount-KS Magical figurine that summons a unique mount 1 Yes

No
No

5 cell Stronghold-small fortification Exclusive stronghold for your personal kingdom 1 Yes

No
No

A solution would be including two rules for VIP tickets.

1) You can only give back VIP tickets you bought yourself on your account.

2) You can only give back 9 VIP tickets max.

For me 3 points are important to know.

1) Can I upgrade a Fort 2015 into a Castle 2015 ingame without the shop?

2) Will the buy-back option be available in 2015 so i got access to the 2015 items?

3) Will I be able to give back all my items for shop currency or will I only have the option to trade them on special offers by ACE against other items?

All my VIP tickets show up as giftable, so I expect it will be all or nothing.

I am also very curious about your 3 questions! I have some credit lying around and I am trying to figure out what to do with it... I would prefer to upgrade my stronghold/fort to a keep than to buy a second one. I also like the 2015 Warhorse better than the KS one... 

EDIT: ACK! The formatting disappeared when I posted the tables. Sorry about the poor readability!

Edited by ledeir

@ledeir and do you have a upgrade option for the mounts in the store? How far can you upgrade your small fort? - Only to the large fort or even up to the keep?

@Loinquivers That would be a bad idea too, because that would open up a different box of snakes. Btw. isnt it already somewhat in the game with the gift option? Just that one would need a very big chunk of trust to do that.

Edited by Darklor

Darklor

@ledeir and do you have a upgrade option for the mounts in the store? How far can you upgrade your small fort? - Only to the large fort or even up to the keep?

Sorry for the delay in replying, I lost track of this thread.

Currently there aren't _ANY_ upgrade options for mounts or forts. 

As soon as there are I'll let you know though!