Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ambitious player looking for guild.

Xyzer

I spent some time reading guild topics and started deciding what I want from a Crowfall Guild and what I would have to offer. I thought instead of looking trough all the topics I would give some of the recruiters out there some work to do ;)

What am I looking for in a guild

• Exists out of players that are mostly 18+ (I am 25-30 myself).
  • Dedicated to Crowfall (no multi-game communities).
  • Led by experienced leaders.
  • A voice server or the ambition to get one (TeamSpeak, Mumble, Ventrilo).
  • A website/forum with a non-free domain TLD or the ambition to get one.
  • English speaking with at least a few members in the European time-zone.

What I have to offer

• An experienced gamer.
  • Many years of leadership experience within communities, guilds and clans.
  • I am a programmer/webdeveloper, I can make and host the website/forum (and a voice server).
  • I am dedicated to one game, I do not switch between games (I am buying the Amber Bundle).
  • I am a social guy and like to bring the guild closer together.

I am not necessarily looking for a big guild with many members, a start-up guild with ambitions works just as good for me. Depending of course on the impression it gives me. :)

If you have any suggestions for a guild or you are leading one that fits (or nearly fits) my wishes, please reply. If you have any questions for me, do not hesitate to ask them.

Hey there, I am Xyzer, if you have any questions or want to get to know me, send me a PM! :)

I am currently looking for a Guild, visit the topic link below to help me find one that fits me. ^_^

[Looking for a Guild] - [Send me a PM]

There are a number of new guilds with needs for help, some with recruitment I'm sure. I'd suggest starting out messaging them if you want to get in on a grassroots community project. You may be limiting your options to simply whoever is actively reading the forums over the next 2 days before your thread falls. It's just a suggestion for someone who seems motivated to find the right community.

Good luck and if you have questions about specific communities, don't hesitate to ask. People love talking about other communities here.

There are a number of new guilds with needs for help, some with recruitment I'm sure. I'd suggest starting out messaging them if you want to get in on a grassroots community project. You may be limiting your options to simply whoever is actively reading the forums over the next 2 days before your thread falls. It's just a suggestion for someone who seems motivated to find the right community.

Good luck and if you have questions about specific communities, don't hesitate to ask. People love talking about other communities here.

Thank you for your input. I have plenty of time to find the guild/community that fits me. I know at some point (probably soon), this topic will disappear in the depths of the Dying Worlds. But I thought I would get a little head-start by making this topic and seeing who and what guilds respond.

For example, someone who is thinking about starting a guild could still awaken my interest, but he might not have a topic yet.

Hey there, I am Xyzer, if you have any questions or want to get to know me, send me a PM! :)

I am currently looking for a Guild, visit the topic link below to help me find one that fits me. ^_^

It's your decision of course, but it seems like you're shooting yourself in the foot by filtering out guilds who have played other games. The level of experience,  organization, and professionalism you're looking for tends to create cohesive communities that stick together from game to game.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

It's your decision of course, but it seems like you're shooting yourself in the foot by filtering out guilds who have played other games.

I understand it is an odd decision, but the biggest reason behind this is, I like the start-ups of communities. Communities that have been around for longer are already established, there is no to little decision making in what path the community will take from here on out and most communities already have an "inner-circle" of members.

I also do not like the idea of a community moving on to the next game when they get bored of Crowfall, a community that is based around Crowfall has a bigger chance of playing the game longer. If the community leaders have grown tired of Crowfall, they can appoint new leaders. However, if community leaders of a multi-game community get tired of Crowfall they might just switch to another game.

The level of experience, organization, and professionalism you're looking for tends to create cohesive communities that stick together from game to game.

There is guilds (and guild leaders) out there that want to dedicate to Crowfall as much as I do. I am sure some of them are organised and have experience leaders.

If the community that is made based on Crowfall is a success and the community decides to switch to another game at some point, that would be a beautiful thing. I am not against a community that shows interest in other games, I just want to enjoy Crowfall as long and as much as possible. A community based on and dedicated to Crowfall will help with that.

Thanks for your input :)

Greetings Xbyzer,

I can relate to your desire to starting things up.  I am a teacher in rl and I love seeing people start to develop and work on things on their own.  That sense of ownership is meaningful.

That said I am part of a start up guild and we are looking for exceptional people.  Please check our thread...

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/7574-serrated-call-for-leaders/

Go to our forums...

http://forum.serrated.us/

PM me...

Or just reply in this thread.  Your thread your rules ;) .

Edited by Anaraion

0f678e9787b873074149c019e1245cc58ac62d89

I am a teacher in rl

What do you teach if I may ask? :)

I have looked at Serrated before, but I noticed the .us domain and assumed it was an US based (no non-US members?) guild, am I wrong? :o

I spent some time reading guild topics and started deciding what I want from a Crowfall Guild and what I would have to offer. I thought instead of looking trough all the topics I would give some of the recruiters out there some work to do ;)

What am I looking for in a guild

• Exists out of players that are mostly 18+ (I am 25-30 myself).
  • Dedicated to Crowfall (no multi-game communities).
  • Led by experienced leaders.
  • A voice server or the ambition to get one (TeamSpeak, Mumble, Ventrilo).
  • A website/forum with a non-free domain TLD or the ambition to get one.
  • English speaking with at least a few members in the European time-zone.

What I have to offer

• An experienced gamer.
  • Many years of leadership experience within communities, guilds and clans.
  • I am a programmer/webdeveloper, I can make and host the website/forum (and a voice server).
  • I am dedicated to one game, I do not switch between games (I am buying the Amber Bundle).
  • I am a social guy and like to bring the guild closer together.

I am not necessarily looking for a big guild with many members, a start-up guild with ambitions works just as good for me. Depending of course on the impression it gives me. :)

If you have any suggestions for a guild or you are leading one that fits (or nearly fits) my wishes, please reply. If you have any questions for me, do not hesitate to ask them.

I understand it is an odd decision, but the biggest reason behind this is, I like the start-ups of communities. Communities that have been around for longer are already established, there is no to little decision making in what path the community will take from here on out and most communities already have an "inner-circle" of members.

I also do not like the idea of a community moving on to the next game when they get bored of Crowfall, a community that is based around Crowfall has a bigger chance of playing the game longer. If the community leaders have grown tired of Crowfall, they can appoint new leaders. However, if community leaders of a multi-game community get tired of Crowfall they might just switch to another game.

There is guilds (and guild leaders) out there that want to dedicate to Crowfall as much as I do. I am sure some of them are organised and have experience leaders.

If the community that is made based on Crowfall is a success and the community decides to switch to another game at some point, that would be a beautiful thing. I am not against a community that shows interest in other games, I just want to enjoy Crowfall as long and as much as possible. A community based on and dedicated to Crowfall will help with that.

Thanks for your input :)

You stated that you have experience leading guilds/clans then you must realize that no clan or guild will survive very long being a one game guild.  Those fly by night clans die off if/when the game tanks.  The reason some clans become legacy clans is because of that diversity which has been embraced, people by their very nature are indecisive or contrary, like the games we all play there are many types of gamer, and very few think alike.  Believe me I do understand what you are shooting for here, but I have dedicated many gaming years to growing and establishing communities of like minded people for gaming purposes also, and I can tell you the task does become problematic when you limit that community in some way.  A single game clan in the end will either adapt or die as people seek other opportunities, and if one values these members one will accommodate their multi gaming needs or be constantly recruiting with a set of standards that must be continually readjusted to a lower and lower set of expectations.  What I generally find in many of today's gamers is a distaste for commitment, loyalty, and service.  I am not saying you are one of these people, what I am saying is that finding a one game guild is not impossible, just a tad unrealistic unless you plan on making changes to such a community in the long term to balance incoming and out going membership and support a game that in time will go "end of life" to the bitter end.  Good luck finding your guild.

EZgFne1.png

"I understand it is an odd decision, but the biggest reason behind this is, I like the start-ups of communities. Communities that have been around for longer are already established, there is no to little decision making in what path the community will take from here on out and most communities already have an "inner-circle" of members."

This is not true with all guilds.  I know we base some of our key leadership positions on longevity in our guild.  Other positions, mostly non critical positions, are filled frequently with newer  members that have proven them in the current game we are playing.  This includes play style and dedication to the game in alphas and betas.  We play as hard in alphas and betas as we do in release.  We frequently pick up some of our best players in alphas and betas as well.  The inner circle or click in KoS is decided by playstyle and dedication to the current game we are playing.  We won't even pick our officer core right away.  Right now, we are evaluating our members based on forum contribution, game knowledge, and how active they are at bringing other people into the guild.

"I also do not like the idea of a community moving on to the next game when they get bored of Crowfall, a community that is based around Crowfall has a bigger chance of playing the game longer. If the community leaders have grown tired of Crowfall, they can appoint new leaders. However, if community leaders of a multi-game community get tired of Crowfall they might just switch to another game."

Again in KoS, we do our best to play as long as we can.  I can only give you our most current stats.  We started Black gold over a year ago now.  We are Uncle BoB in that game and we currently are the only active guild still playing it.  Or guild founder dropped off 6 months ago and reins got passed onto someone who was still playing the game.  Whenever possible, the reins get passed off if the current leader/leaders move on.

"There is guilds (and guild leaders) out there that want to dedicate to Crowfall as much as I do. I am sure some of them are organised and have experience leaders."

I spend 25+ hours a week currently on crowfall, the game is 1.5 years from release.  We have several members who soak up as much info as possible.  We have quite a few members who have amber package's or higher.  We already have regular game hash session in teamspeak.  Overall we are pretty serious about crowfall.  Tonight we plan  to watch crowns and crows and have a discussion about it.

"If the community that is made based on Crowfall is a success and the community decides to switch to another game at some point, that would be a beautiful thing. I am not against a community that shows interest in other games, I just want to enjoy Crowfall as long and as much as possible. A community based on and dedicated to Crowfall will help with that."

We still have chapters in a few games.  We have a motto in KoS, "Once KoS always KoS",  That means you can join us in any game forever.....

"Thanks for your input  :)"

Thank-you for taking the time to post concerns.  I wish everyone took joining a guild as serious as you do.  It would make for a better gaming experience for all parties.

You stated that you have experience leading guilds/clans then you must realize that no clan or guild will survive very long being a one game guild.  Those fly by night clans die off if/when the game tanks.  The reason some clans become legacy clans is because of that diversity which has been embraced, people by their very nature are indecisive or contrary, like the games we all play there are many types of gamer, and very few think alike.  Believe me I do understand what you are shooting for here, but I have dedicated many gaming years to growing and establishing communities of like minded people for gaming purposes also, and I can tell you the task does become problematic when you limit that community in some way.  A single game clan in the end will either adapt or die as people seek other opportunities, and if one values these members one will accommodate their multi gaming needs or be constantly recruiting with a set of standards that must be continually readjusted to a lower and lower set of expectations.  What I generally find in many of today's gamers is a distaste for commitment, loyalty, and service.  I am not saying you are one of these people, what I am saying is that finding a one game guild is not impossible, just a tad unrealistic unless you plan on making changes to such a community in the long term to balance incoming and out going membership and support a game that in time will go "end of life" to the bitter end.  Good luck finding your guild.

I am not saying that I want it to stay a one game guild, I just want to play and enjoy Crowfall as long as possible. A community based on Crowfall is more likely to have that than a community that focuses on multiple games or switches between games.

I have led a big community and multiple guilds and clans myself, I understand where you are coming from and I do realise it is not the easiest thing to find what I am looking for, but I do believe in it and I know it is very much possible.

This is not true with all guilds.  I know we base some of our key leadership positions on longevity in our guild.  Other positions, mostly non critical positions, are filled frequently with newer  members that have proven them in the current game we are playing.  This includes play style and dedication to the game in alphas and betas.  We play as hard in alphas and betas as we do in release.  We frequently pick up some of our best players in alphas and betas as well.  The inner circle or click in KoS is decided by playstyle and dedication to the current game we are playing.  We won't even pick our officer core right away.  Right now, we are evaluating our members based on forum contribution, game knowledge, and how active they are at bringing other people into the guild.

I very much like that approach, I understand that you want to keep vital parts of a community out of 'new-comers' their hands, but considering officers based on dedication and knowledge of Crowfall rather than longetivity is in my opinion a good move.

I spend 25+ hours a week currently on crowfall, the game is 1.5 years from release.  We have several members who soak up as much info as possible.  We have quite a few members who have amber package's or higher.  We already have regular game hash session in teamspeak.  Overall we are pretty serious about crowfall.  Tonight we plan  to watch crowns and crows and have a discussion about it.

That sounds a lot like the dedication and commitment I am looking for in a guild. Like I said in the PM I sent you, I will come on the KoS TeamSpeak soon and check KoS out ;)

Thank-you for taking the time to post concerns.  I wish everyone took joining a guild as serious as you do.  It would make for a better gaming experience for all parties.

I know what it is like to run and join communities, it is indeed beneficial for both parties that you know what you are getting into before randomly joining a guild or accepting members into a guild :)

Edited by Xyzer

What do you teach if I may ask? :)

I have looked at Serrated before, but I noticed the .us domain and assumed it was an US based (no non-US members?) guild, am I wrong? :o

I am a High School math teacher.  I teach Pre-Calc and Geometry.

And yes you are wrong... so very wrong... :P

Because actually we have more EU than US right now.  In fact I am an American in Germany and I can promise you I never have too many cool folks to game with CET!!

So like I said please drop by and see what you think :) .

0f678e9787b873074149c019e1245cc58ac62d89

I am a High School math teacher.  I teach Pre-Calc and Geometry.

And yes you are wrong... so very wrong... :P

Because actually we have more EU than US right now.  In fact I am an American in Germany and I can promise you I never have too many cool folks to game with CET!!

So like I said please drop by and see what you think :) .

Oh wow, did not see that coming :lol:

Sorry, you are not a fit for <Filthy Casuals>.

You are very right! :)

You are very right! :)

I appreciate your interest and your professionalism in this matter. I do believe that you may be the aspiring E-Sports commentator with a speech impediment that we are looking for, so should your qualifications change in the near future to suit our needs, please do not hesitate to reach out. Have a great day!