Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WOW! Happy 6 month Anniversary Crowfall Forums

ellie

Just noticed the date.  July 6th.   It all of a sudden hit me.  This place that some of us call "home"  while we wait for this exciting game to be created is  6 months old today, which means we have been posting all these poorly made sock posts for a half of a year.   Lots of what has happened here in these forums should probably be forgotten.  But then  we have all had those moments when we are a part of a thread , a topic, involved in a discussion ( or lurking and following it, comment after comment ) and think THIS is the game I want to play with THIS community.  

In honor of this momentous occasion, I am going to share my top 3 moments ( posts ) in the CF forum and why they are memorable for me.  And I would like to invite you all to do the same, regardless of what game you came from, what your position is on PvP, the EK's, crafting we are ONE community.  Let's take a trip down Memory Lane.

#1  My top moment in this forum although sad was the RIP Doc thread.   For a couple of days, we all were united in one cause, and we were saddened and all willing to share our experiences with the best Mods ( IMO ) this forum will ever have.

#2  The "State of the Guild" thread   Thanks Cannibal Man.   Probably one of the best threads ever!

#3  The "Lord of the Dance " thread, need I say more?   It was the first time I had ever witnessed something like that.  I laughed , I cried and wanted to poke my eye out with a fork.  

I am hoping the devs aren't shy and share some of their "most remembered"  too.....................

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Good idea to start this thread! 6 months already... omfg  :D

I remember, in February, I was thinking that maybe in March the tests would start, and I would quit if it was later than that (how could I wait until summer, it's non sense!) ...

oh well I'm still here and summer arrived.

Many different opinions and types of players on the forums. Even with all those different points of view, I still see Crows as one big community. Hopefully we'll get the chance to all play together when the game gets launched.

Now the memorable threads :

#1 "Hunger Week... It's About Time." When I realized that Crowfall was completely different than what I imagined

#2 "Happy Birthday Checkyotrack" 

#3 "Guys, lets get this current stretch goal done" I've rarely been laughing so much and for so long

Top 3 moments in no particular order.

1) JTodd saying that if you constantly seek situations where you're weak, that you're a bad player.

2) The addition of Raph Koster

and a future moment which I'm reserving number 3 for

3) When we finally get more information on the crafting system.

I'm only 5 months old...do I have to wait till next month to post?  :(

Awwww, course not lol   You go ahead and post, lots has happened in the last 5 months!

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Awwww, course not lol   You go ahead and post, lots has happened in the last 5 months!

You don't own me! I can do what I want....thank you  :blush:

1) Gordon Walton giving me my first huge reasurance that they (the dev team) weren't blowing smoke up my butt during the KS campaign and were truly interested in pulling back the curtain. He did that by owning up (mostly lol) to the mistakes and poor decisions of my beloved game of Ultima Online. I trust grew in them. Knowing one of the top dogs didn't try to use some corporate BS spin. 

2) That one time JamesGoblin liked my post....

3) The Fort give away. I lost in the first few days but I loved how the community was doing something just because it was awesome to do! That's the old school awesomeness I miss. People being cool and creative...because they can be.

Cheers!

Edited by Keaggan

The Gordon Walton fan club always blows my mind, they are amazing.

Also, dmbrandon for winning the best thread award.

Happy six months Crowfall Forums. Time to take you out to a nice dinner and custard the hell out of you all night long.

Edited by Adall

Daaaang crazy how time flies... hopefully we're all still here 6 months from now.   :)  :D

lol Adall re: the dmb award XD

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

Haven't been here long.....but long enough to see that all the spicy-ness and you-me-me-you infighting actually, if you take a big step back, IS building a community ninja style. Think about all the people you will NEVER forget good and bad ALREADY. Congrats ACE on 6 Mo.

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

Definitely DM Brandon thread in the top 3. (Caught him commentating on Smite competitive last weekend, my friends and I and nearly everyone on twitch were like, why is he still commentating on the pro scene~)

My favorite moment in this forum so far would be Adall throwing in sapphire to push the banecircle goal over the mark, its really rare to see developers have such an interaction with the community, for better or worse!

Never take that for granted after the fact that GW thanked Adall, it was a really nice fuzzy feeling for me <3

Kimiko and the Gordon Walton Atarashi Kami Fan Club is the greatest thing ever. Definitely #1

Um, honorable mention.... the multiple FoE Guilds popping up in Guild subforums, that was just too funny.

Its been an interesting ride, fellow keyboard warriors.

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

My top ten threads:

every naval combat thread.

Nah, all threads in top10 threads has definitely been the ones complaining about how X and Y isn't realistic. Because we all know Crowfall is aiming to be a realistic game.

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

TOP 27 posters of the forum make up for 25% of the >200k entire forum post count!

We have >27000 users, which means 25% of forum discussions came from 0.1% of the userbase.

Good job everyone. :P

Even more amazingly, just 10 posters make up a full 50% of the top twenty posters list.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Nah, all threads in top10 threads has definitely been the ones complaining about how X and Y isn't realistic. Because we all know Crowfall is aiming to be a realistic game.

Like the Fae boots... That was one of my favs for sure!

Woohoo, 6 months!!

#1. Tully :wub:

#2. Tully :wub:

#3. Tully :wub:

Would you expect anything different from me, Ellie?!   :P

Nope.   We all love Tully, but not as much as you  :D

TOP 27 posters of the forum make up for 25% of the >200k entire forum post count!

We have >27000 users, which means 25% of forum discussions came from 0.1% of the userbase.

Good job everyone. :P

Its almost as if... there is a vocal minority!  :o

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"