Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zomnivore

Has there been a grity western-style mmo?

You should have known that, judging by your avatar picture.

Warhammer Online, Age of Reckoning.

I'd say, it was rather Grimdark....

It went belly-up though, had too many problems and the playerbase got gobbled up by a multitude of other MMO's and expacs releasing at the time.

~Strategy is the art of making use of time and space.
I'm less concerned about the latter than the former: Space we can recover, lost time never.

You should have known that, judging by your avatar picture.

Warhammer Online, Age of Reckoning.

I'd say, it was rather Grimdark....

It went belly-up though, had too many problems and the playerbase got gobbled up by a multitude of other MMO's and expacs releasing at the time.

The atmosphere painted by Warhammer Online really was phenominal. I'm sad it ended up how it did..

We need western ideas combined with eastern coders. Just look at the graphics and smoothness of the gameplay in eastern mmo's. Too bad most of them are simple grindfest.

We need western ideas combined with eastern coders. Just look at the graphics and smoothness of the gameplay in eastern mmo's. Too bad most of them are simple grindfest.

I've always wished this too, but add in depth of game (outside of just combat) and I'm a happy camper. And good note above on Darkfall. I've seen a number of in-development games that look very gritty (Gloria Victis, Life is Feudal, one more I can't remember), but are lacking the demon-esque feel you mentioned, and also not released.

World of Darkness? Oops, that got canned.  :P

I thought what he was talking about was western in the gunslinger/wild-west sense of the word...   No?

That's what I thought, too.  I think a western mmo would be cool.   A raid would be like robbing the 3:10 to Yuma or something.  A simple dungeon would be attacking Black Bart's hideout.  You could choose to be on the side of the law or lawless!  I'm in!  Where is this game at?

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

Personally I wouldn't mind a Red Dead Redemption style MMO. I love westerns.

Cowboys vs Indians vs Aliens.

Have an outlaw system, make it open world, add some ranching...... yup my cup of whiskey.

Edited by Vitalized

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

The atmosphere painted by Warhammer Online really was phenominal. I'm sad it ended up how it did..

What's worse, I know exactly what happened there too, which makes me even more angry than you whenever people bring up the issue.  Let's just say it was squarely the fault of the people in charge of the project, not EA.  The extent of the fault from EA was them saying "We want it to be like WoW." and the developer bent over backwards rather than try to hold their ground on the idea of 3 factions, but apart from that, it was entirely the fault of the devs.

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.