Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Reddit MMORPG Guild

donteatglue

I dont have any experience creating a guild ive never created one im my life but im really hyped about this game and the mmorpg sub is too! so why not make a guild!! this is a happy guild where we are gonna have fun and play together :D  i dont really have name for the guild yet so please help me find a name and i wish you all a happy gaming experience

Ps:Sorry for my english im brazilian :)   ( also if anyone knows how do edit pictures please help with a cool picture for the guild) oh and please post suggestions for the guild name

bye!! and always have fun!!

Edited by donteatglue

• 3 months later...

Reddit is a great place to meet others with similar likes but building a guild from just being on the same website isn't a strong enough bond to keep people together. Make a plan for a guild, a guild charter if you will, and then advertise yourself. Or join a guild and see what they do so that you can take those ideas and use them later.

Reddit is a great place to meet others with similar likes but building a guild from just being on the same website isn't a strong enough bond to keep people together. Make a plan for a guild, a guild charter if you will, and then advertise yourself. Or join a guild and see what they do so that you can take those ideas and use them later.

Where's Eonwe to comment on something like this when you need him!?

Also, might want to start on Reddit before putting up a thread here.

I have to agree, building a guild you need a good group of people that share the same ideas as you do. We have been building our guild for a month its 5 people. in that time we are working on type of guild/rules/history/ yada yada but you need people that have a similiar vision ... when you so far off from playing a game its even harder to build from scratch... because words are just words. 

Well, I'll be blunt.

There have been a number of guild posts that have had the approach  "I've never started a guild but hey, how hard can it be?" and I fell for it only once.

I'd be happy to consider joining a Reddit guild as that's how I actually found out about Crowfall.  Someone posted about Koster coming on board and I was hooked.

But I spent a few weeks messaging back and forth with one guy that had great ideas but no skills in creating or running a guild and while he wound up with some solid people on board with him and they made the guild I couldn't take working with him.  Just those few weeks of me saying "it's your guild - what structure do you want?" and him saying " I don't know anything but I'm the guild leader" and me saying "I get that but what approach do you want to take to the game?"  and I get back "I want to play it and dominate!" ad nauseum.

If I wanted to do all the work of creating a guild, creating the branding, getting the support tech (site, forums and chat) in place, recruiting everyone and keeping everyone interested for the next 2 years I'd go ahead and make one myself. And I sure wouldn't have a puppethead guild leader.

So.  Consider gathering people on Reddit and be clear that you're looking for a great bunch of folks that can cover everything from leadership to graphics and you're likely to have success there.  Once that's established bring the guild over to these boards and folks will be interested.  I clicked on this thread because of the Reddit reference and I'm sure a lot of other people will too. 

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Well, I'll be blunt.

There have been a number of guild posts that have had the approach  "I've never started a guild but hey, how hard can it be?" and I fell for it only once.

I'd be happy to consider joining a Reddit guild as that's how I actually found out about Crowfall.  Someone posted about Koster coming on board and I was hooked.

But I spent a few weeks messaging back and forth with one guy that had great ideas but no skills in creating or running a guild and while he wound up with some solid people on board with him and they made the guild I couldn't take working with him.  Just those few weeks of me saying "it's your guild - what structure do you want?" and him saying " I don't know anything but I'm the guild leader" and me saying "I get that but what approach do you want to take to the game?"  and I get back "I want to play it and dominate!" ad nauseum.

If I wanted to do all the work of creating a guild, creating the branding, getting the support tech (site, forums and chat) in place, recruiting everyone and keeping everyone interested for the next 2 years I'd go ahead and make one myself. And I sure wouldn't have a puppethead guild leader.

So.  Consider gathering people on Reddit and be clear that you're looking for a great bunch of folks that can cover everything from leadership to graphics and you're likely to have success there.  Once that's established bring the guild over to these boards and folks will be interested.  I clicked on this thread because of the Reddit reference and I'm sure a lot of other people will too. 

I really like what you wrote. I think guilds are very strange entities that I still don't quite understand, and most games have a pretty narrow view of what "guilds" are. The concept of a guild can be really quite complex and yet they tend to get stuck in frustratingly limited mindsets when it comes to designing and implementing them. I have seen a lot of really good guild concepts here so far so I am really curious to see how they will all work within Crowfall. This is a new and innovative game, so hopefully that includes the concept of guilds as well.