Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenebrosity

No Holiday sale... sad face :c

I gotta say..  I was kind of disappointed not to see a Holiday sale this 4th of July (USA Independence Day - ACE is based in the USA deal with it).. just wondering if we'll be seeing any sales on items or maybe even pledge upgrades (gives people an incentive to pay their layaways in full)? 

Black Friday sale?? End Of Summer Sale? etc.. WE WANT MOAAAR REASONS TO JUSTIFY OUR SPENDING!!

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I think you missed the point of CROWdfunding (please note the pun).

The whole purpose, at the moment, is to make a game. Not profit. And sales exist to boost profit usually when the sales are low; so no point of having sales.

BUT, if you really want sales, some companies do it around the project KS anniversary date.

Edited by krema

I think once cosmetics make it into the store you will see these kinds of things more often. 

Hunger themed cosmetics ... I think you are onto something there.

Derelicte.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Murica doesn't exist in Crowfall.  You have to earn your Independence by winning the CW!

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

i meant it as a joke, but the more I look at it, the more legit an archetype it becomes. It's kind of like that eagle warrior in age of empires 2. Except way cooler.

..... or like an Aracoix in Shadowbane?.....

Aracoix.jpg

Aracoix.jpg

I still fail to understand how people don't see Crowfall as Shadowbane 2.0

20150209212140a0e0ln15ogdw1v7z.jpg

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I still fail to understand how people don't see Crowfall as Shadowbane 2.0

For the same reason why people didn't see Shadowbane as <insert other RPG here>.  Games are typical evolution and they build off concepts that work, and change those that didn't or can be improved.  CF includes features inspired by many other games, not just SB.  It's how games within an industry evolve.  

But, I'm sure there are some that think this is WoW 2.0... after all... it has elves.

Edited by Nyt

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

For the same reason why people didn't see Shadowbane as <insert other RPG here>.  Games are typical evolution and they build off concepts that work, and change those that didn't or can be improved.  CF includes features inspired by many other games, not just SB.  It's how games within an industry evolve.  

But, I'm sure there are some that think this is WoW 2.0... after all... it has elves.

Nope, people don't see Shadowbane as <insert other RPG here> because there was nothing else like it in the market place. It was well ahead of it's time. 

Unlike EVERY OTHER GAME out there, the devs are not constantly referring to and using Shadowbane as a reference. In-fact, when trying to give people an idea ("frame of reference") of how Crowfall's combat, battles and gameplay will work in Crowfall they use Shadowbane, please see: Crowfall - War Stories (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxcJQljijLg)

The video title implies that Shadowbane "War Stories" are Crowfall "War Stories"

Unfortunately they used RolePlayers to talk about Shadowbane conflict... lol

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO