• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Look: Knight powers and UI - Official discussion thread

Pann

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting choice of powers. I believe that adding abilities that involve moving/jump striking(such as the shield slam) Would be detrimental to the players ability to asses their situation.(As the ability to move vast distances quickly makes positioning harder to account for) But this build's versatility is clearly meant for testing more than anything else. I cant wait to try it out!

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

Ummmmm, ok then.  I am not a tank player but some of the powers you have going here look like fun.  I really enjoyed how you are thinking ahead to try to make later powers easier to design.

In regards to the chain pull power, wasn't there a physics part of it that was supposed to make him more dense so he could pull bigger object than normal or did that get tossed?

Tanom of the WhiteWalkers

iWQCpyx.gif

I'm pleased to see this iteration of the combo system.  Seems similar to Guild Wars 2 which I like.

I also like how active shield block works similar to Hold the Line! from Warhammer Online by protecting players who are standing behind the knight.  Should be a good tactical skill in PvP to protect friendlies from ranged attacks.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

I'm curious what the plans are for choosing among forking combo options. For a straight line combo, I assume that I'll just hit 3 and then hit 3 again. But if I hit 4 how do I tell the system that I want to go A vs B? Please tell me I don't have to mouse to an icon popup and click my choice.

I'm chortling over the vision of a knight launching into the air surrounded by a mass of tumbling Guineceans.

Interesting that the vast majority of powers will not include iframes. Careful use of iframes is a core defensive strategy in some games, but perhaps not in this one.

If I "chain attack" an immobile or much larger object can I pull myself towards it?

This looks like a fun class with a tactically engaging variety of powers. If all the archetypes have similar breadth of options I think I'll be very happy.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Lots of good gameplay potential with all of that. Active shield block protecting everyone behind you alone is epic. There's going to be a lot of almost formation like stuff to pull off if people can really get good at coordinating

This looks like a fun class with a tactically engaging variety of powers. If all the archetypes have similar breadth of options I think I'll be very happy.

I admit I've been concerned for a while but this first look certainly gives me hope for the other archetypes.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

I love the sound of it! 

I love the feel of this class and can see some of the skill implementations this class will have to look out for. 

Love the idea of classes having passive buffs, maybe giving reason to have a wide variety of archetypes instead of stacking them.

The CC break I am happy with as well!

Overall I am extremely excited to see more as we get to alpha testing!

KjUVOZg.png

Varius - Veteran Member of LG

Overall most of these attacks seem to be pretty on spot for a knight, thank you team for the update and I really like the way it is designed. The graphic for skill buttons are looking really sharp as well.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

His right click active shield block power does a LOT of different things.  It reduces incoming damage for the Knight, and for any friendly players standing behind him. This power is fueled by the stamina bar, which drains slowly over time.  In addition, whenever he is hit, his stamina is reduced in proportion to the hit.

Very cool as the implication of "any firendly players standing behind him" means that positioning of tank type characters will be vital.  This is a soft formation of sorts!  I know this was discussed several months ago, and I referenced my favorite tank of games past,Warhammer Chosen, that has a very similar mechanic.  The impact on group gameplay is huge.  I'm happy to see this...  Very very cool.

(Note that we still have more work to do on block to introduce directionality, projectile reflection and linking shields, but will get to those features as we build more components.)

Linking shields?  As in linking shields with neighboring players introducing more formation options for players?  If so... Woot!

rSHxVEY.gif

Linking shields?  As in linking shields with neighboring players introducing more formation options for players?  If so... Woot!

I took that to mean linking shields to form a wall.  Which is a type of formation I guess.

Maybe defensive buffs would be combined, or area-of-effect increased greatly by doing this.  That would be nifty.

Yeah, if we can actually get a system where fighting in formation provides meaningful benefits that's be pretty darn nifty.

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Hmm.

I like the way your UI looks?

Skills, simple understanding of combo ability.

And more over.

The overall combat already seems well taught out.

Can't wait to have  "more puzzle pieces" to work with, as you said.

Stamina is a great Stat. It's stupid when everyone runs around on speed 24h/7day a week.... time your sprint, blocks and attacks!

And watch your stamina, as sometime... you might find yourself exhausted on that seemingly vicotrious moment!

PS: THe knight looks a bit smug when he jumps. Like "He, i'm a demigod. Watch me levithat and pull you into my gravity well!". xD ...Watched to much Dragonball Super ...and read too much Coiling Dragon.

You have a new message from: JTC

GET BETTER.

To unsubscribe from these messages, get better.

Tully

Knights linking shields sounds like a shield wall to me which would be pretty amazing in a combat game. More links in the chain the harder it is to push or pull any single member of the wall. Give us this and some choke points and we've got some interesting strategies to march into combat with!

I'm curious what the plans are for choosing among forking combo options. For a straight line combo, I assume that I'll just hit 3 and then hit 3 again. But if I hit 4 how do I tell the system that I want to go A vs B? Please tell me I don't have to mouse to an icon popup and click my choice.

From the way the forks are depicted on the character powers image, it looks like they might repurpose adjacent keys.  Hit 4 for Onslaught, then hit 4 or 5 to pick a forked combo.  This would mean that you can't use Of Noble Blood while the Onslaught combo is available, though.

Just a guess based on the layout of the image.

IhhQKY6.gif

Archived