Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders' Update: The 411 from JTC - Official discussion thread

Just so to put it nicely:

I hope you didn't pay too much for the German translation of the website.

You can just hope that enough german speaking community members are willing to correct all that.

I personally think it's actually a little bit rude on your part.

The current online version of the site screams anything but professionalism.

Edited by freeze

You can just hope that enough german speaking community members are willing to correct all that.

I personally think it's actually a little but rude on your part.

I think they hired a German CM to help with all of that.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

I personally think it's actually a little but rude on your part.

I'd hate to see your not-nice!

Seriously though that is why we overtly asked for help, the German site is still under construction now.  If you aren't a native and don't know German (like everyone at ArtCraft) it's hard to judge the quality so we're dependent on help from the audience.  We are looking for detailed, usable feedback on the German forums.  We just had our German community rep start this week.  If the translation is uniformly sub-par, then we need to be able give specific feedback to the vendor that did the work, and/or we may need to try a completely different translation vendor.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Seriously though that is why we overtly asked for help, the German site is still under construction now.  If you aren't a native and don't know German (like everyone at ArtCraft) it's hard to judge the quality so we're dependent on help from the audience.  We are looking for detailed, usable feedback on the German forums.  We just had our German community rep start this week.  If the translation is uniformly sub-par, then we need to be able give specific feedback to the vendor that did the work, and/or we may need to try a completely different translation vendor.

You keep deleting my not-nice posts ;)

The german part of the community did a whole lot of translating already.

Pretty good translations actually. And all for FREE!

Some of these translations needed cleaning up, sure, but I think they were better than what you currently have. And that seems to be the general consensus in the german section as well. It's not just me, who's the party pooper this time ;)

You could've saved a lot of money by just asking us to proof-read and cleanup all those existing translations, instead of having it translated once again in a, sadly, not so good version.

Rethink that approach for the other languages. It'll probably take a little longer for your community to translate everything, but a lot of people have already done a large chunk of the work.

Like I said, I dunno how much you paid, but if you think it's worth saving a little bit of money, then I'm all for it :)

Edited by freeze

Comment on the greybox design:  The two outboard towers reflect the architectural styling of the inner keep, but viewed from the outside of the wooden palisade wall there is a disconnect.  Either the stockade should be changed to be more connective between the two (and the poster image does show what appears to be cut stone walls and ramparts) or change the outboard towers to be more in keeping with the wood stockade leaving the inner keep as a more substantial stone building.

rSHxVEY.gif

I personally think it's actually a little bit rude on your part.

You are German??.... that explains a lot!  My best friend of 23 years is German so now I know why I have connected with you in such a special way.  LOL

Comment on the greybox design:  The two outboard towers reflect the architectural styling of the inner keep, but viewed from the outside of the wooden palisade wall there is a disconnect.  Either the stockade should be changed to be more connective between the two (and the poster image does show what appears to be cut stone walls and ramparts) or change the outboard towers to be more in keeping with the wood stockade leaving the inner keep as a more substantial stone building.

The grey box is a wooden constructed fort and the poster is of the stone keep, two different buildings.

Edited by tanom

Tanom of the WhiteWalkers

iWQCpyx.gif

On the medium fort concept, the towers seem to be made of the same wood than the wooden palisades.

It could be that the texture hasn't been applied yet to the greybox ones.

On the medium fort concept, the towers seem to be made of the same wood than the wooden palisades.

It could be that the texture hasn't been applied yet to the greybox ones.

I agree the concept art is more cohesive visually.  I think they are getting too fancy in the greybox as the architecture of the tower is much more refined - you can see inlaid wood cross members on the bridge, so it looks purposeful and not unfinished.

rSHxVEY.gif

Seriously though that is why we overtly asked for help, the German site is still under construction now.  If you aren't a native and don't know German (like everyone at ArtCraft) it's hard to judge the quality so we're dependent on help from the audience.  We are looking for detailed, usable feedback on the German forums. 

Don't worry. That will happen. Most active parts of the german community are eager to help with this work. I am just sorry, that we might have to spam the forum a bit because of that. It might be a good idea not to show the threads from the correction boards in the recent-topics list.

And to make the now existing translation invisible to people who are not backers. I mean, retranslated the very first sentence you read after cklicking the flag is "Crowfall is a new type of online-usage make possible." Not a good initial impression for new visitors. ;)