Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Greetings

Greetings,

Just joined today after discovering of this MMO. Looking good! I would like to ask several questions in General Discussion.. But it will not let me post anywhere else?

Hello Truvidien and welcome to crowfall,

As Fenris DDevil mentioned

A minimum pledge 5$ will allow you to be a supporter and posting in forum, but hey you can click here it will take you to the pledge page to check all bundles. cheers :D

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

I was wondering what engine will this MMO use to run it? After watching the gameplay videos after you use let's say a Knight.. Can you change the appearance at all or that's how he will always look like?

I was wondering what engine will this MMO use to run it? After watching the gameplay videos after you use let's say a Knight.. Can you change the appearance at all or that's how he will always look like?

Crowfall is using Unity 5.  Here is a video where they talk about why:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBzkkVHTtDM

Yes, you can customize the appearance of your character.  From the Characters & Advancement FAQ:

CAN THE CHARACTER APPEARANCES BE CUSTOMIZED?

Yes. We will offer the ability to customize your character (hair styles, color and face) in Character Creation. Further customization can be done in-game, by collecting equipment.

IhhQKY6.gif

Guest Truvidien

Oh nice, never seen a game use this engine before.  Thank you for the reply. I'm a bit confused on watching the videos.. Is campaign mode like a single player story mode that you can create and play by yourself or invite friends to join you? And the EK is purely for Multiplayer? 

Oh nice, never seen a game use this engine before.  Thank you for the reply. I'm a bit confused on watching the videos.. Is campaign mode like a single player story mode that you can create and play by yourself or invite friends to join you? And the EK is purely for Multiplayer? 

Campaign Worlds are 100% MMO servers. They last months (more or less depending on the ruleset), and host wars between definite factions (in the easier rulesets) or alliances of players (in the last ones). Once a victory condition is met, the server ends and some players are declared winners.

Winners take "home" (the EKs) some resources, and those are either used to build stuff in the EKs, or imported to another campaign to get a jumpstart.

Basically campaigns is where the game is at, while EKs is a "safe place" (if you want it to be) parallel to the campaigns.

y9tj8G5.png

Check out the overview article and/or the overview video linked in this thread: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/6919-great-resources-for-newcomers/

Both do a great job of explaining the core design.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

• 3 weeks later...