Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone using g13/ nostromo/ orbweaver?

Jihan

Is it lifechanging, or is it just a keyboard that's missing half of the keyboard?

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I use a Nostromo. It was as life changing as going to a Naga mouse was.

So to me I think if one uses any kind of gaming type peripheral like a gaming mouse, a game pad is the next logical step.

Edited by pang

oh and also try to test one out in a brick and mortar store before buying one to make sure your hand fits well and won't get tired after a while. Newer ones are pretty adjustable so can get a good fit but bottom line try to find one that fits your hand the best.

Edited by pang

I am on my second g13. Absolutely love it. Tbh cant play games on pc without it anymore. It took me a while to get used to it if i remember correctly but havnt looked back since.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

• 1 month later...

I am looking forward to giving my g13 a go for crowfall. I have found it hard to reteach myself to use it for games I have already started out on with a keyboard. So I think I will us it from the get go.

P.s. I can't barely play anything without myou G600.

I use a Nostromo. It was as life changing as going to a Naga mouse was.

So to me I think if one uses any kind of gaming type peripheral like a gaming mouse, a game pad is the next logical step.

This. I've been using a Nostromo for over 6 years, and I literally couldn't imagine playing a game without it. I was utterly SHOCKED to find they are selling for $200 plus now. My first n52 was like $50. My next couple were $60-$70. The one I have now is about 2 years old.

For me, the #1 feature is the d-pad, and the ability to remove the rounded know from it so that it is just like the d-pad of a console controller. My thumb can easily feel the contours of the pad, so I have no problems knowing what way to press to make my character move. It seems like all the game pads today have a fixed rounded know for a d-pad, and I'm sure I will hate it. Too easy for the thump to get lost, or to slip off. If I'm forced to buy one, my dremel w/cutting wheel will be coming out first thing to cut that knob flat.

This is seriously the best thing ever for gaming.

Edited by toxophile

eEvERiW.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also on my second G13 in like 6-7 years, and I love it. I'm waiting for anyone to make a mechanical variant that still has an analogue thumb stick, though. I was going to give an Orbweaver etc. a try but don't think a 4 way will cut it.  I also modded my thumbstick to give it more of a controller by using putty and that worked really well.  20150914_074451_zpsfb6030o4.jpg

I have had g-13 some time ago and I think it's nothing special. You can just remap the keys and use the center of your keyboard to get the same amount of buttons available for your left hand, like go TFGH instead of WASD . Speaking of which I still have that g-13 in a drawer somewhere, need to find it and try with Crowfall.

This mouse looks way more interesting, utility wise

https://www.razerzone.ru/product/mouses/naga-hex

Edited by rajah

• 2 weeks later...

I have a g13 and eventually just stopped using it. It was not bad, but in the end I got tired of having to configure and rebind everything every time I played a new game. Full keyboard is much simpler for me, because I play a lot of very different games and genres.