Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Road to Combat Playtesting: Part 1 - Official discussion thread

So how will you decide the order of people entering in alpha 1 since there are so many, I hope I get lucky. Can´t wait to crash the game a few times with you all.

Tyrant has been telling us they consider (KS) backer numbers as the order for some things. While I don't know if this will apply to the pre-alpha test as well, I rather hope so, being #6 myself!  ;)  :D

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Tyrant has been telling us they consider (KS) backer numbers as the order for some things. While I don't know if this will apply to the pre-alpha test as well, I rather hope so, being #6 myself!  ;)  :D

Also, we were told that multiple KS packages purchased through the store would aggregate for higher testing access if the next tier is reached.  When will this be implemented?  And will non-pledge purchases through the store (forts, premium guild package, etc) add to those totals?

rSHxVEY.gif

Yea, im 60 or 70#... so let's do this way. :lol:

Also, we were told that multiple KS packages purchased through the store would aggregate for higher testing access if the next tier is reached.  When will this be implemented?  And will non-pledge purchases through the store (forts, premium guild package, etc) add to those totals?

^

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

Very nice. You should make some sort of simple objective-based gamemode for testing like "capture the points" or "king of the hill" so people still have something to play for while testing.

Also, that screenshot of the Knight standing on that castle wall already looks super awesome and really atmospheric, even with everything being grey.

7ug90hM.png

So we're going to end up with a 5v5 greybox-world MOBA? Support or I feed.

Mid or I pick Techies.

Oh god, Guinecean Techies...

Artcraft, we demand Guinecean techies!

Click here to join the Crowfall Discord chat community

Sekket on Mourning. Bhorov on Test Server. Youma the Pirate wherever TSP has sailed.

I would hope they base it on $$$ spent.  They based the initial pre-alpha on $$ spent, it would only be logical to do that way....You are probably still safe Canth being ruby tier....

Very nice. You should make some sort of simple objective-based gamemode for testing like "capture the points" or "king of the hill" so people still have something to play for while testing.

Also, that screenshot of the Knight standing on that castle wall already looks super awesome and really atmospheric, even with everything being grey.

You are really atmospheric!

Exciting. I look forward to what ever test group I'm queued up for. This combat "find the fun" development approach is smrt.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Over my 20 years of gaming I've seen closed testing done all sorts of ways, and I think Todd's article is a pretty common sense way to start things off. Small unit PVP/game content should be balanced first.  Once that works, you start scaling up until you can test your end game concepts.  Shadowbane betas had fully functional nations, and they were able to test city sieges and nation wars successfully. 

I hope that ACE will bring in functional guilds in the later phases so they can get data on what full guilds do with/to the game environment. Some other recent titles, such as Warhammer, never scaled their end game testing up enough to see full organizational units at play.  They just figured that 100 vs 100 (random groups of people) was good enough to tell them how their PVP end game would work, and when full sized guilds got in there we broke the game in retail (sorta like Shadowbane). 

I praise the intent, and I hope you will scale the testing up to match the level of coordination and organization needed to test end game concepts when it is time.

rSHxVEY.gif

Guildmaster, LotD

This month, and yes.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook