Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenrisDDevil

Who needs textures? Greyboxes are way better!

It might be pretty neat if the hunger slowly leached all the color from the worlds it destroys, so a campaign landscspe starts fully colored and texturized but ends greyscale.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

It might be pretty neat if the hunger slowly leached all the color from the worlds it destroys, so a campaign landscspe starts fully colored and texturized but ends greyscale.

Same thing when you are about to die: everything starts to become reddish.

I'm in love with the Viking lodge theme of the wooden fort interior atm, it looks awesome. Reminds me a lot of the set from the first season of Vikings.

fort-large-greybox_08.jpg

Edit: You can even see the glow of the fire in the op screenshot. :D

Edited by Fenrial

I want to give proper credit to this image:

PreAlpha_Greybox_Scene.jpg

I say let's forget textures and release the game with greyboxes. Shall we start a petition? :P

Those gray boxes look sexy......

I'm in love with the Viking lodge theme of the wooden fort interior atm, it looks awesome. Reminds me a lot of the set from the first season of Vikings.

fort-large-greybox_08.jpg

Edit: You can even see the glow of the fire in the op screenshot. :D

Where did you find this screenshot?

I'm gonna have to upgrade my computer for these grey boxes mane!

Edited by cannibal man

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

I wonder if this upcoming alpha will be all grey lol? Even if it was I think everyone would be cool with it :D.

Yes, they will have greybox terrain art for the combat testing:

Let’s say that we need to test the ramparts around a castle wall and, due to movement speed and jump height being still in flux, we aren’t sure yet if that wall should be 15 feet high or 20. Rather than guess, and then spending a few months of art time adding detail to that wall – only to get it into the game and find out that it was too high – instead spend an hour building one version, then get it into the game as quickly as possible and try it out.  Don’t build the detailed wall until you know everything you need to know.

What does this mean for me?

It means that you will likely be testing combat on a castle wall that looks like a grey box.

It also means that a day later, that wall might be taller… or shorter… or gone completely.

I like the focus on the minimal critical path to get the working combat testing.

rSHxVEY.gif

That sounds perfect and its good they are considering time efficiency with everything they are doing as you can see from this as well as their choice to change armor now before investing a chunk of time and money into it.

YannMLq.png

I say ship with grey box then add in textures post release.  don't want to slow down production.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty