Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eternal Crusade

zero2none

Anyone else looking forward to this game as well?

It's a MMO-third-person FPS involving Warhammer 40k. Of what's I've seen it's going to play similar to Planetside 2, with a big map with control points. You can play as Orks, Space Marines, Chaos and Eldar. The Tyranid's are also in the game as AI that attacks every other faction and will start "invading" factions that have become too strong. There might also be CO-OP missions where you get into a group of 4 players and fight the Tyrnaid's, like a horde mode. 

It's going to be a pay once and play game, it'll be $60 USD on release, but you can get into it with a founder's pack for $40 right now! 

Eternal Crusade

Edited by zero2none

Anyone else looking forward to this game as well?

I really, really don't.

Edit: I mean this sounds great on paper and all, but the developer, thus far, has made two types of thing: ports of other, better games and cheap cashgrab rubbish. I see little reason to expect this won't also fall into the latter category.

Edited by Fenrial

I really, really don't.

Edit: I mean this sounds great on paper and all, but the developer, thus far, has made two types of thing: ports of other, better games and cheap cashgrab rubbish. I see little reason to expect this won't also fall into the latter category.

I guess you can have doubts because of their history, but every developer has a chance to WoW the audience and I think this is the game for Behaviour Interactive. They do weekly updates and take in feedback often. They've already said that it won't be a huge map on release because they currently are incapable of doing it within the time-frame, but they plan to release small battle-maps on day one and within two months combine all those small maps to make one huge map, like in Planeside 2. 

Edited by zero2none

I don't trust a dev who uses grayboxes instead of greyboxes.  ;)

https://youtu.be/CQlz87Msn_k

At least they had the same idea as ACE to test like this.

I'm not really interested in this game, not because I don't trust them, but I just don't have anything with the Warhammer universe. I like the idea of this type of game, but never got into PS2 too. 

PS: Gray is perfectly normal to use: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I backed at the $40 level ages ago.

Despite the recent changes to scale it way back at launch, I think it'll be fantastic. I just hope that I can play as a Salamander eventually.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

I really, really don't.

Got to love it when people make judgement in ignorance.

The first development team, now I say first, were the guys who had previously worked on Conan and the dungeon team who worked on The Secret World.  They came over to bE to make EC, in fact the project was their idea.  They asked Funcom first if they were interested, Funcom said no, so the guy in charge in response decided to turn to bE who said yes, a year into development they ran into a lot of problems, bE decided to go over their heads and reorganize, as a result one of the two people who had the original idea was laid off.  So now the direction of the game is in the hands of bE and not the original team, although half of the original team is still there, the rest have over the course of the first half of the year left the development studio, I am referring to the leads.  They have all since been replaced, but none of these include the lead designers though.

For a while it looked like the game would fall apart before it even hit alpha development stage, but they bounced back and things seem to be back on track, albit delayed an entire year.

As for what I've seen so far and even though i am a founder, I am cautiously optimistic.  I will state this with a large degree of confidence, at this stage, unless you're a Warhammer 40 000 fan, you would likely not play the game much.

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

I just bought the $40 founder's pack. I'm so hyped to play as an Elder, there hasn't been a Warhammer 40K shooting game (not many of them actually) that you can play something other than the Space Marines/Chaos. 

If I remember right, there has only been one game where you don't play as a Space Marine, that crappy TAU one... (Fire Warrior).

Edited by zero2none

Sadly, that's another "Space Marine" game, so other than that Fire Warrior game, there hasn't been another non-Space-Marine shooter out there that I know of. 

So far EC is still a Space Marine shooter; Since the developers haven't revealed anything about the Eldar or the Orks since the previous management were in charge and them stating on multiple occasions in December they have put Orks and Eldar on the backburner with limited development being done on Tyranids and are focusing entirely on Space Marines and Chaos currently and having re-done the models for both three times over (They state that the previous models were placeholders, in reality they have done them 3 times over thus far).  The likelihood of us being able to play either Orks or Eldar as Founders before late 2016 is unlikely (although I could be entirely wrong since progress on the game has gone from slow to rapid now they got a bigger team, which is fantastic).

It's only just now we are seeing a return of the Rhino-Type tank to the game, which had previously been absent from livestream showcases for nearly 6 months, not to mention they had to rebuild all the classes all over again from scratch for the new game engine from the prototype they had coded up back on Unity4 last year ... without the involvement of the programmer who wrote the core game code on the project anymore, so in other words for the last 4 months they re-did all the stuff they did last year (switching engines mid project is bad and can be blamed on how bE as a company approaches game development, the issue lies squarely in how bE last year was promoting Unity and used EC as a platform to promote it along with other games when the team itself wanted to use Unreal Engine but couldn't reveal they were going to use it because they had a contract deal with Epic so they didn't have to pay as much, since all that doesn't matter now, the reveal went from being what was going to be a big hype publicity stunt to being a simple "this is what we are using! woo!" on a livestream).  

So for the short term at least, EC will still be "just another Space Marine game"  unfortunately.  (It has more to do with them for a time having a skeleton crew for a team working on the project with limited funding thanks to bE taking people off the project to put on other games.  Originally they had a team of ~50 odd so people working on it back in 2013, that was reduced down to around ~15 people for the first half of this year, yeeeaaah).

In the long term, everything is back on track, they got a bigger team, they got the funding they need and everything is going to be awesome, just wait and see. :D

Edited by Psyctooth
My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Not gonna support Behavior as they already rolled back on their promise of open world and mass-RvR, some key people also abandoned the company in the course of it's overly lengthy development.

For what EC looks to be shaping up to atm I'd much prefer Blizzard's upcoming Overwatch for a sessional shooter.

I'm also confident CF will reach release date sooner than EC, if the latter is to be released at all, which I also doubt.

Not gonna support Behavior as they already rolled back on their promise of open world and mass-RvR, some key people also abandoned the company in the course of it's overly lengthy development.

For what EC looks to be shaping up to atm I'd much prefer Blizzard's upcoming Overwatch for a sessional shooter.

I'm also confident CF will reach release date sooner than EC, if the latter is to be released at all, which I also doubt.

They did roll back their promises but they never said it won't come in eventually. $40 isn't too much and I think it's worth it. I've backed projects that have been worse, so I'm willing to take the risk. 

Overwatch is a team fortress clone and in that sense it is a sessional shooter, but I get the feeling EC is going to be like Planetside 2, so I don't think you compare the two efficiently because they are so different. 

Edited by zero2none

Well the tinfoil hat conspiracy nuttball in me suggests Overwatch is Blizzard making the decision to try and steal some of Valve's TF2 community from them in response to the amount of aggravation they got from losing the court case over DotA 2 by giving them a brand squeaky new sessional shooter, because what did I hear the most of at all the "interviews" at Blizzcon and other conventions on Overwatch from people "It's like TF2!" "It's very TF2 like" "It's like TF2 but better", yeah very subtle Blizzard and guess who are the people interested in buying and playing it?  Primarily TF2 players and ex-TF2 players, no surprise there :P

Least I think that is what it was to begin with ... then the little revenge project ended up evolving into something they genuinely cared about and decided to put a lot of effort into making.  The reason I state this is because it is rather unlike Blizzard to release a First Person shooter, because in the past every time they worked on a FPS project they were never happy with it, or got bored of it and abandoned it before finishing.

Also, ifruit that is purely understandable if you decide to do that mate, I must admit for a time I was on the fence myself.  But these days I've decided that pre-orders, founders and even backing in kickstarter is more of a gamble than an investment and like in any gamble you could lose.  So if you make that decision to play it safe, maybe you're a smarter man than I am, but I choose to make the gamble.  I've done it before, I bought into the founders for Mechwarrior Online. :S

Do I regret any of it though?  Nope.  Because I sure did have fun in Mechwarrior Online in the early days when the game was enjoyable despite the bugs, because this was before all the sooking poptarders influenced the game balance to permanently snuff out the effectiveness of LRMs and Medium laser boats.

• 5 months later...

I've backed it and I will play it, outside of total catastrophe, because Orks.  You should have a look if you have in interest in Warhammer 40k at all, or simply tactical, squad based shooters.  The community is pretty awesome, too.   

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

I've actually been a pretty deep founder for a while. Currently, the game is terrible. However, they are making strong strokes of improvement with every patch. I don't play at the moment though, I'll wait until a beta phase to warm it up again.

I adore the Warhammer universe (both of them) and I'm glad we have so many games coming out that uses them (quality though is becoming an issue...). Really excited for this one, but as always, we will see. I'm a thoroughly an Eldar devotee however so there will be some time before I care too much. In fact, already mentally preparing for announcement that Orks and Eldar will come post release.

Anyways, I'd like to play an Eldar Farseer as a hero champion. Too many warlocks at release... so might a scorpion instead. We'll see.

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.