Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Q's for the team

In the past, I've created threads to gather questions for some members of our team (Jon, Eric and Nich). Which member of the team would you like to grill and what are some of the questions you'd ask him or her? 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

What is the difference with the "ask the team personal question" thread?

That thread is far more casual and very few members of the team look at it. This would be a chance to ask questions about the software/hardware they use, design philosophies, process, etc. 

Melissa Preston.

Now I need to think of a question....

LOL 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Hmmm, haven't heard much(anything?) from Raph Koster since the KS. Would be neat to check in with him, ask some questions and find out what he has been up to in relation with CF. I guess it would be more interesting if he has than if he hasn't. It was always a cool thing during KS that he was involved with the project

Edited by oberon

That thread is far more casual and very few members of the team look at it. This would be a chance to ask questions about the software/hardware they use, design philosophies, process, etc.

Ok then.

I've always asked myself this question about character design, so I guess this question is for a concept artist: do you create a design thinking of an archetype ("I need to make a warrior") or thinking of an idea/wish ("I want to make a tall bearded guy, I will see what archetype fits him later")?

I hope I made myself clear, I'm having a hard time putting words on that thought/question :P

Edited by krema

I'd like to ask JTC about his creature inspirations, Narnia fan myself, and stuff about other unique creature interests and inspirations, like sentient animals or monsters, even if their not appropriate for Crowfall.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

My question would be for Seth; Web Development Lead...

What sort of QA process do you use for web development?  Do you have a mirrored site?  I've seen a lot of new features be implemented on the website, and while I understand the challenges of building on top of IP Board, I can't recall one new feature come online without major functional bugs.

[@--(o.O)@]

I don't recall specifically who, but I seem to remember Todd saying that one of the ACE developers brought along the work they had done on an MMO server framework.  I'd love to hear a little from the server guys.  What considerations go into building the back end of Crowfall?

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

I'd like to ask Melissa why she doesn't have a forum account. I think she should post more often.

...or at all.

Gonna have to draw her out with some questions.

Melissa:  What is your art genre of choice:  Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Steam Punk, Western, 5th Century Armenian Pop-Culture, etc.  and how does this influence your work with Crowfall?

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

Good point Eston, And I'd also like to know the answer to the above stated question. It has been bothering me for quite some time if I have to admit it!

Here's another to throw in.

Melissa: When creating a strong female character, where do you start?

EDIT: If you are averse to using forums, we do have a slack with high community involvement!

Edited by cannibal man

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Question:  What is the design team's opinion on text chat bubbles over character's heads (like SWG) vs. text chat window only (SWTOR and most other MMORPG's)?

I always preferred chat bubbles.  Weird to have someone standing next to you and their discussion is mixed in with people 100's of yards away. 

Chat bubbles are a no-go in a pvp game. It would suck if someone hiding in bushes was caught because a huge chat bubble appeared over his head.

Although I liked them in SWG as well, maybe they could be implemented in EKs?

Edited by cannibal man

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

This is a question for Jon,

How does Crowfall handle impassable borders in terrain?  How will it feel when I approach a place I shouldn't pass? 

For example it's common in MMORPG's to run up a hill and run in place when you hit a certain grade.

Edited by facerip