Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun is First?

Farblue

I have to admit that the entire premise of the game seemed, to me, to be Destruction, Death and Despair! Very depressing. Yet after reading about the Knight and Confessor I was VERY pleased to see that the Devs are putting extreme effort into making each of our Archetypes FUN TO PLAY! Believe me that makes up for a lot of the depressing nature of the assured failure of all efforts within the campaign worlds. Little to look forward to from full failure except scavenging and loot. However they are making that pretty darn fun to do, at least from the dedication they are showing in the attention they pay to detail for us as individual players.

So I am really looking forward to the future Archetypes and I begin to think one of the best money making systems for the game will be in selling us character slots so we can try more Archetypes. I, for one, am really looking forward to upcoming descriptions. If they continue with this type of attention to fun detail I will be begging for more slots. Be fun to speculate on the Archetypes within the forums as they come out as well. Keep on keeping on, Devs! Well done so far!

Dying can be just as fun as killing. I can confirm this after playing several roguelikes and having a DCC RPG campaign, which despite having 30 character casualties in a year everyone loved. Well, except that one girl who had one or two sessions, then returned to her usual Vampire: the Masquarade group.

Destruction, Death and Despair sounds like a great time! Awesome slogan ^^

But I really have to agree. They are having a blast, well some more then others but over all if you have fun making it it will be fun to play =)

I AM ME!
I love you all.

Destruction, Death and Despair sounds like a great time! Awesome slogan ^^

But I really have to agree. They are having a

, well some more then others but over all if you have fun making it it will be fun to play =)
lol, how did I miss that video? Centaurs custard suck lol

It really is such a simple concept that many developers seem to miss completely.  Making the most grand, complex, unique system means absolutely nothing if it isn't FUN.  I can think of a certain game currently in development which is a prime example of this.  Great, crazy ideas that simply aren't fun.

The right system, properly implemented makes it fun to PLAY, not just win.  Winning is always more fun, obviously, but if the core game is entertaining, everything else generally falls into place.

We really won't know HOW fun any of this is until we get our hands on it, and even then, the early stages of Alpha aren't a great example of the finished product.  It'll at least give us an idea to how the systems FEEL and give us an idea of how fun some of the more in depth pieces will be.

They certainly seem to have things going in the right direction, though!

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

Archived