Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Market Information and Store Thralls

Since from the FAQ it is mentioned there will not be an AH centralized which is fine, it works for EVE.  However the only reason it works in EVE is initially players created many many spread sheets and those were later turned into APIs so that market information was attainable outside the game and in a strait forward way.

Can we cut the months/years of pain creating/maintaining our own spreadsheets and therefor make our game "spreadsheets in EKs" have APIs that list the Store Thralls in each kingdom and their inventory and price.

This could be an additional setting for how public the information is, i.e. list Thralls, list Inventory, list Prices,  list Buy Orders etc. etc....

Crowfall Division Captain (The Older Gamers) <TOG> - http://www.theoldergamers.com/

Personal Website - http://www.mmo-report.com

I'm not convinced the EK marketplace will be important or large enough to justify Eve-like levels of spreadsheet play. All or almost all of any crafting or trade which is important to the outcome of a campaign will take place in that campaign world; EK merchanting will be a very low stakes game for the most part, and the exceptions won't need custom websites to handle them.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Sounds like a great idea!

I expect the EK marketplace to be flourishing, with a multitude of merchant kingdoms, and that the campaigns imports and exports, CS items and EK sink will allow the players to trade a huge quantity of items.

Several characters will likely remain in EK to play the economic game as traders or crafters.

ACE discussed about combat related API and they said they liked the idea, so an economic API could interest them too.

Related info : EK supply/demand , EK/CW sinks , API

One thing that has always made me stop and think was the potential of the economy in both the Eternal Kingdoms and the Campaigns.

A very large part of the economy *can* be owned by Mercenary guilds; this is because I feel like a lot of Crafting guilds will lack and require the military means to protect their assets - especially if they are large scale, moving a lot of caravans/ content on a campaign-to-campaign scale, if that makes sense.

Logistics will be key.

I see a lot of the more independent Crafting guilds enlisting smaller company Merc guilds, with the promise of some gold - but better, freshly crafted equipment that they can repair for a small fee (or free)

"The blade isn't the only part of a sword."

9 years of Ragnarok Online, 9 years of EVE Online -- Beta tester of Planetside 2, ESO, RIFT, Warhammer Online, SWTOR, and Elite: Dangerous.

One thing that has always made me stop and think was the potential of the economy in both the Eternal Kingdoms and the Campaigns.

A very large part of the economy *can* be owned by Mercenary guilds; this is because I feel like a lot of Crafting guilds will lack and require the military means to protect their assets - especially if they are large scale, moving a lot of caravans/ content on a campaign-to-campaign scale, if that makes sense.

Logistics will be key.

I see a lot of the more independent Crafting guilds enlisting smaller company Merc guilds, with the promise of some gold - but better, freshly crafted equipment that they can repair for a small fee (or free)

I am not sure if you have read all the FAQs, but to send anything back from the Campaign Worlds requires "embargoing" the items in the Campaign Worlds via preset specially marked locations.

HOW ARE REWARDS DETERMINED AT THE CONCLUSION OF A CAMPAIGN?

Players can place items, resources, and materials into Embargo – basically, this is a way of “uploading” items to your Account Bank inside a Campaign. This can only be done at certain specific locations inside a Campaign, and items placed there are basically “in quarantine” until the Campaign is over.

When the world is destroyed at the end of a Campaign, some portion of the player’s winnings (i.e. the contents they have placed inside their Embargo vault) will be transferred into that player’s Account Bank. The number of items transferred depends on how well that player fared within the Campaign.

You can bet that as soon as those locations are discovered in the game there will be massive fighting over those locations and only the biggest zergs will have control of them. Anyone wanting to use them will be forced to "pay" to embargo goods so they can be returned to their Eternal Kingdoms. Even then, you don't get everything you embargo either:

HOW DOES THE ACCOUNT BANK RELATED TO THE EMBARGO VAULT?

The account bank exists at the account level – meaning that all of your characters share one account bank. The vault is Campaign specific, meaning that each Campaign will have a different Embargo area. At the end of the Campaign, depending on how well you (and your team) did, some number of item(s) will be moved from the Embargo into your Account Bank. The rest of the items will be lost.

With this in mind Mercenary guilds, smaller guilds, and especially solo players are pretty screwed in being able to develop their Eternal Kingdoms.

See the full FAQ here:  http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54d23a28cb64aad54d68afd8

Crowfall will be a game of Zergs unfortunately, no one else will have much of chance to survive let alone thrive.

Edited by Dakyn

Completely missed the Embargo bit.

Thanks for pointing it out, as the point I was making is pretty... well pointless now :P

"The blade isn't the only part of a sword."

9 years of Ragnarok Online, 9 years of EVE Online -- Beta tester of Planetside 2, ESO, RIFT, Warhammer Online, SWTOR, and Elite: Dangerous.

Merc guilds will be able to export if their contact allows them to mechanically join their employer's faction, either as a sub guild or by kneeling. (Assuming that faction wins, of course!)

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

With most of the crafting and resource consumption done within the CW, I don't see the EKonomy anywhere near the level of EvE economy.  There's still a long road ahead in the development process to know if there will be an API freely available.

Players will naturally prefer larger EKs that offer a one-stop shopping experience, unless there's a smaller EK with a specialized focus and bargain pricing.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

Hmm... that is interesting.  It would seem size does matter... sorry couldn't resist ;) .

I gues what I am looking for in enough Embargo points to share the wealth as well as an Alliance of guilds my guild can work with to create a hub city in our EK that is vibrant and worth visiting.  Thus back to the OP @Malchome, I also hope there is some system that makes shopping easier and helps consumers.  Honestly I think back to what was suppose to be the model in ESO and what actually happen and shudder.

So Yes please, let's have something in game that lets me know what is for sale in the different EKs.

0f678e9787b873074149c019e1245cc58ac62d89