Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unnamed

oh god pls no

"If we find it is too difficult to play ranged, we have a few systems we may need to add or augment, like ‘sticky’ targets, ranged assist or some manner of soft locking system."

Hell no. Please no. No aim assistance.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

I had the same reaction. There are better ways of handling this such as increasing speed of the ranged attack, Increasing the cone of the attack or the blast area of the attack. The harder the missile attack is to land successfully the more damage it should do. Thus a slower missile attack may be devastating when it lands while a fast moving one not so much or a small diameter missile attack will do more damage then an aoe blast if of similar speed due to being hard to hit with it.

The worst thing would be tab targetting. That's the whole we're not CU and the special pvp people like our game better. I would think there would be hundreds of things we can try in testing before we got to that point. Even something like adding 10% homing to a projectile which would be less than walking speed might be enough to consider it viable enough for everyone. Which I am sure someone will get upset about but it's better than tab targeting.

Edited by oberon

The worst thing would be tab targetting. That's the whole we're not CU and the special pvp people like our game better. I would think there would be hundreds of things we can try in testing before we got to that point. Even something like adding 10% homing to a projectile which would be less than walking speed might be enough to consider it viable enough for everyone. Which I am sure someone will get upset about but it's better than tab targeting.

Well doesn't sound like tab targeting would be one of the things they said they'd try. That would certainly be a bridge too far so to speak. Aim assist and "soft" locking are not hard lock tab targeting. Certainly not advocating they should do those things but if after play testing it shows that a little aim assist can help and make the combat fun and keep the action combat intact I don't think it would be the end of the world. People should be open to ideas and actually try it first and not just outright dismiss it because of how a past game use the feature or whatever other preconceived notions we might have.

Come on people, provide some usable, meaningful feedback. You have an inside look at a game with developers that listen, communicate and make changes. Their goal is to make a game we love and you waste it with pointless posts that do nothing but encourage the developers to ignore further input.

I would gladly give some meaningful feedback BUT FOR THE FACT we have no experience since we haven't played it.

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

Come on people, provide some usable, meaningful feedback. You have an inside look at a game with developers that listen, communicate and make changes. Their goal is to make a game we love and you waste it with pointless posts that do nothing but encourage the developers to ignore further input.

who are you to tell what posts are useless?

People care about different things and they're allowed to express their opinions about them, whetehr you like it or not.

If the devs ignore every negative post and just want a community of yes-men then they'd probably tell us and act on that notion.

But I still see these threads as valid. The way they're portrayed might not be to your liking, but you're free to ignore them.

Well doesn't sound like tab targeting would be one of the things they said they'd try. That would certainly be a bridge too far so to speak. Aim assist and "soft" locking are not hard lock tab targeting. Certainly not advocating they should do those things but if after play testing it shows that a little aim assist can help and make the combat fun and keep the action combat intact I don't think it would be the end of the world. People should be open to ideas and actually try it first and not just outright dismiss it because of how a past game use the feature or whatever other preconceived notions we might have.

I was pointing it out as the extreme the prove a point. There is so much to try, if we even have to try something, before it got to the point of people starting from the beginning to imagine the worst.

Edited by oberon

The first word of that quote is very important. Let me point you towards the word: "If".

IF

in case that; granting or supposing that; on condition that:
Sing if you want to. Stay indoors if it rains. I'll go if you do.

So,

"If we find it is too difficult to play ranged <snip>

Is it too difficult to play ranged? I have to admit, I have no clue. Do you? I'm guessing no. No need to be concerned here, I do not see any issue. Not until we know if ranged is too difficult to play anyway. See you in Alpha.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

It's simple... don't sell me "player skill will matter" and "pvp" if you are actually selling slow combat and aim assist... obviously this is hyperbole... but let's say crowfall launches, and it has slowed down action combat and aim assist, why should any real pvper stick with it at that point when even a game like orcs must die unchained requires more actual skill....

It's too early to truly be concerned but I've always felt like ACE hasn't given enough respect to mechanical skill, and how important it is.

We've already seen millions of gamers prove that they are capable of learning and playing games that require both mechanical and tactical skill in one... so why offer something that isn't the complete package?

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Is it too difficult to play ranged? I have to admit, I have no clue. Do you? I'm guessing no. No need to be concerned here, I do not see any issue. Not until we know if ranged is too difficult to play anyway. See you in Alpha.

Define "too difficult" please.

At what point, does it warrant to include things like aim assists and auto-tracking and stuff?

We're already past hitscan weapons at that point, because we exhausted all other options, like projectile speed increase, projectile size increase, cast time decrease and so on.

Where does "too difficult" start and the player being a scrub end?

Someone please tell me. I can't see it.

I feel like people are reacting a bit strongly to a statement that starts with an "if" and then lists a few things they "may" try.

Sometimes you have to try and shut really bad ideas down as quickly as possible... kinda like telegraphs...

Edit: remember not too long ago they had an update about how they would make mistakes, but they must be efficient and move past the ideas that don't pan out quickly and onto better ones?  We will share our input to try to help that process... it's up to them whether they think our input is important or not for any given design element they are looking at. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Define "too difficult" please.

I quoted ACE there, but I'll give it a go.

For me, in this case too difficult would mean the majority of players are having trouble hitting the targets they are aiming at. This could have various reasons of course. Projectile speed, physics, running speed of the target players. I'm sure you can come up with more reasons.

Until we actually have tested this in-game we can't form any opinion about it being too difficult, imo.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!