Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unnamed

oh god pls no

No, it is confrontational, if you can not provide a counter argument, it is plain and simple derision.

It is constructive in that much of the user base does not want to see these elements in the game, and would prefer to keep the original construct in place. That is constructive information for the team to take and consider. I am not here to argue with the likes of you, just to voice my opinion to the development team.

But you know what they say about arguing with psyctooth...

Edited by Adall

It is constructive in that much of the user base does not want to see these elements in the game, and would prefer to keep the original construct in place. That is constructive information for the team to take and consider. I am not here to argue with the likes of you, just to voice my opinion to the development team.

But you know what they say about arguing with psyctooth...

You don't speak on behalf of the entire player base.  

Here is how customer/provider relationships work.  So long as people don't complain, they think everything is fine.  If a small number of people complain, then they know that only a small number of people take issue, if a large number of people complain then they will look at it and see if the system needs to change.

So many assumptions used to project facts which are entirely opinion.  You're entitled to your opinion, but to state that you speak for everyone sounds rather conceited don't you think?

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

You don't speak on behalf of the entire player base.  

Here is how customer/provider relationships work.  So long as people don't complain, they think everything is fine.  If a small number of people complain, then they know that only a small number of people take issue, if a large number of people complain then they will look at it and see if the system needs to change.

So many assumptions used to project facts which are entirely opinion.  You're entitled to your opinion, but to state that you speak for everyone sounds rather conceited don't you think?

I didn't say that I speak on behalf of the entire user base.

You apparently do this though, by lumping in all customer/provider relationships into the same bucket. Not my fault you don't work in certain industries where the customer/provider relationships are more intimate and check-ups are common.

You then send me scathing PMs filled with idle threats and a bunch of assumptions.

When will you learn you are one of the laughing stocks of the community here?

Well I don't care what anyone says, We don't want some twitch game that requires an uber connection to play ranged.  Especially when these face rolling melee characters can jump around swinging, face-rolling the computer with zero skill.  

So, I will say it here.  

Action combat for melee is like tab target for ranged.  Stay in range and keep spamming the key board.

I know all of you guys who want 100% action combat mostly play melee, the ones who play ranged that want action combat must of drank some strawberry koolaid.

So figure out what targeting is best for the skill being used and use that system for that skill.  How about a reticle that lights up when target is selected.  If you swing and you are in range, your sword will only hit the opponent if your reticle was lit up when u started swinging.  This will stop the spammy twitch guys from face rolling a key board.  Do the same with ranged if my reticle lights up and you are in my range my skill will hit ya if i press the attack button.  .  

In either of these cases if I don't keep my reticle on you lit up and I press my attack skill button it will be a miss.....

Edited by Nakawe

Well I don't care what anyone says, We don't want some twitch game that requires an uber connection to play ranged.  Especially when these face rolling melee characters can jump around swinging, face-rolling the computer with zero skill.  

So, I will say it here.  

Action combat for melee is like tab target for ranged.  Stay in range and keep spamming the key board.

I know all of you guys who want 100% action combat mostly play melee, the ones who play ranged that want action combat must of drank some strawberry koolaid.

So figure out what targeting is best for the skill being used and use that system for that skill.  How about a reticle that lights up when target is selected.  If you swing and you are in range, your sword will only hit the opponent if your reticle was lit up when u started swinging.  This will stop the spammy twitch guys from face rolling a key board.  Do the same with ranged if my reticle lights up and you are in my range my skill will hit ya if i press the attack button.  .  

In either of these cases if I don't keep my reticle on you lit up and I press my attack skill button it will be a miss.....

I don't like strawberry flavored things, I am drinking rum though.

How about we make it turn-based combat, that sounds even better.

gCWxS8u.jpg

I don't like strawberry flavored things, I am drinking rum though.

How about we make it turn-based combat, that sounds even better.

for melee? sure.......

So, I will say it here.  

I really wish you would stop acting like you need an "uber connection" to play ranged lol...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I really wish you would stop acting like you need an "uber connection" to play ranged lol...

I think you missed the rest of the post.......Pretend that part is not in there, this one time.......Besides I don't really, that is just a talking point I like to refer too, to distract the ones who can't stay focused on topic.,

Edited by Nakawe

for melee? sure.......

Huh?

I want as hardcore/skill-based/manual targetting as they give me and I'm playing glass cannon confessor, or maybe frosty if they have a nice glass cannon. Will play support too. Those über melees you speak of are easy to avoid, just move, use abilities, etc.

gCWxS8u.jpg

I think you missed the rest of the post.......Pretend that part is not in there, this one time.......Besides I don't really, that is just a talking point I like to refer too, to distract the ones who can't stay focused on topic.,

But why are you so interested in making ranged so easy?  Are you a ranged player or something?

But why are you so interested in making ranged so easy?  Are you a ranged player or something?

I believe Nakawe wants his International guild to be able to succeed with 100+/150+/200+/250+/300+ ping.

gCWxS8u.jpg

hmm, not sure what class I will play, but I want all classes  hard/easy/complex/FUN.  I don't want any specific targeting type easier for one class over the other, even if this means mixing and matching based on type of skill used.

if the mechanic of a skill works and flows well with action combat then use it, if it works best with soft target then use it, if it works best with some funky hybrid targeting system, then use it.  Whatever you do, don't paint yourself into a corner and try to make 1 targeting system work for every situation...Make the game flow well, not be a face rolling action based twitch game in the case of melee or a tab target bore fest in the case of ranged. 

Edited by Nakawe

I believe Nakawe wants his International guild to be able to succeed with 100+/150+/200+/250+/300+ ping.

Some of them in Asia have 500+ ping, maybe we can put in a request for turn based like you suggested earlier....You do sometimes have great suggestions.... :wub:

hmm, not sure what class I will play, but I want all classes equally hard/easy/complex/FUN.  I don't want any specific targeting type easier for one class over the other, even if this means mixing and matching based on type of skill used.

if the mechanic of a skill works and flows well with action combat then use it, if it works best with soft target then use it, if it works best with some funky hybrid targeting system, then use it.  Whatever you do, don't paint yourself into a corner and try to make 1 targeting system work for every situation...Make the game flow well, not be a face rolling action based twitch game in the case of melee or a tab target bore fest in the case of ranged. 

All classes will not be equally hard/easy/complex/fun though... that's impossible..

All classes will not be equally hard/easy/complex/fun though... that's impossible..

There you go again taking 1 word and focusing on it.  I fixed it so you can move on to the next word now....

There you go again taking 1 word and focusing on it.  I fixed it so you can move on to the next word now....

What did you fix?  It also isn't focusing on one word, it's simply responding to an unrealistic desire.  Some might argue ranged combat should be harder, because it has the natural advantage of being able to attack from outside melee range. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

What did you fix?  It also isn't focusing on one word, it's simply responding to an unrealistic desire.  Some might arguing ranged combat should be harder, because it has the natural advantage of being able to attack from outside melee range. 

I don't have the energy today to micro manage/nit pick my post for people who want to argue about stupid nitpicking poorly made socks.

So, you win today....prob tomorrow too and the next day and the next day after that. 

Are you like 10 years old?

BTW, I took out the word equally..  Focus on another word, hell, why don't you just write my post for me, make sure they make sense to you first though.  Hate to see you nitpick you own ideas.

Edited by Nakawe

I don't have the energy today to micro manage/nit pick my post for people who want to argue about stupid nitpicking poorly made socks.

So, you win today....prob tomorrow too and the next day and the next day after that. 

Are you like 10 years old?

BTW, I took out the word equally..  Focus on another word, hell, why don't you just write my post for me, make sure they make sense to you first though.  Hate to see you nitpick you own ideas.

Am I 10 years old for what?  Your expectations are unrealistic... You want an action combat game built for people with really subpar internet.  You also assume anyone that wants ranged to be challenging must be a melee player, as if they are somehow trying to sabotage ranged so they can do better as melee, no they want it to be challenging because they want the game to require skill.

Some of them in Asia have 500+ ping, maybe we can put in a request for turn based like you suggested earlier....You do sometimes have great suggestions.... :wub:

Thank you, I know I do cuz I'm a reader and a thinker. People want combat to be as slow as possible. So let's give em that. Turn based, nothing outside of thinking and rng matters, it's perfect.

gCWxS8u.jpg