Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warcrimes

Get Started Into CrowFall Is Incredibly Difficult

I'm assuming this is the only place I can post? I'm not sure if it's intended that way, unless the forums are experiencing serious bugs. I keep seeing "You are not able to create a new topic at this time. Please reply to existing conversations." on the top of every forum, but even clicking into threads I still cannot reply.

After talking to some guildmates, I found out I needed a package to make posts, so...intending to get into crowfall anyways...I attempt to buy a package. The payment system here is beyond frustrating. I've tried every method, contacted the processor as the error message said. They said they fixed it, go back and it's still not working, further roundabouts with support.

I understand everything around here is new, and will have bugs...but it's hard to even post to ask questions or even get the basics of the account going. I hope the rest of what's to come is smoother than this, because all this has left me is frustrated.

I'm assuming this is the only place I can post? I'm not sure if it's intended that way, unless the forums are experiencing serious bugs. I keep seeing "You are not able to create a new topic at this time. Please reply to existing conversations." on the top of every forum, but even clicking into threads I still cannot reply.

After talking to some guildmates, I found out I needed a package to make posts, so...intending to get into crowfall anyways...I attempt to buy a package. The payment system here is beyond frustrating. I've tried every method, contacted the processor as the error message said. They said they fixed it, go back and it's still not working, further roundabouts with support.

I understand everything around here is new, and will have bugs...but it's hard to even post to ask questions or even get the basics of the account going. I hope the rest of what's to come is smoother than this, because all this has left me is frustrated.

Gosh, I am sorry you are having such a terrible time with this! I am sure this is not the expectation that ACE or their web teams are looking to deliver. Hopefully they will spot this thread as fast as possible to get you the help that you need. One of the founders, Gordon Walton, will most likely be along to deal with this (he goes by Tyrant)! He has helped a lot of people with payment bugs. Be patient for now and I am confident this will get sorted out for you. For now welcome, and if you have any questions just shoot them my way! I am happy to help!

Don't forget to take some time to read the FAQs while you wait as well, brushing up on your knowledge of the game will really help you out around here against those crazy forum trolls!

Edited by Adall

Gosh, I am sorry you are having such a terrible time with this! I am sure this is not the expectation that ACE or their web teams are looking to deliver. Hopefully they will spot this thread as fast as possible to get you the help that you need. One of the founders, Gordon Walton, will most likely be along to deal with this (he goes by Tyrant)! He has helped a lot of people with payment bugs. Be patient for now and I am confident this will get sorted out for you. For now welcome, and if you have any questions just shoot them my way! I am happy to help!

Don't forget to take some time to read the FAQs while you wait as well, brushing up on your knowledge of the game will really help you out around here against those crazy forum trolls!

As sincere as this seems, it feels patronizing. Processor still hasn't been able to fix the problem... and I can't do anything on this site without getting an error. I have been half lurking with the front site news so I'm versed with the game basics.

I'm an old SBer, so it's good to see I'm in like-company with some of you here...I can handle the trolls and welcome them.

As sincere as this seems, it feels patronizing. Processor still hasn't been able to fix the problem... and I can't do anything on this site without getting an error. I have been half lurking with the front site news so I'm versed with the game basics.

I'm an old SBer, so it's good to see I'm in like-company with some of you here...I can handle the trolls and welcome them.

Can you list some of the errors you're getting when navigating on the site? It would probably help the developers to fix them.

The service used for payment, Live Gamer, seems to quickly block an account when it detects something unusual. Which is good for security, but can also make the payment process harder for a few of us. If they don't get back to you soon, I would suggest to send another ticket to them or contact ACE developers at support@artcraftent.com. Good luck with this!

Can you list some of the errors you're getting when navigating on the site? It would probably help the developers to fix them.

The service used for payment, Live Gamer, seems to quickly block an account when it detects something unusual. Which is good for security, but can also make the payment process harder for a few of us. If they don't get back to you soon, I would suggest to send another ticket to them or contact ACE developers at support@artcraftent.com. Good luck with this!

"member_profile_disabled" when doing anything with my account itself here, sql errors on a few forum areas, or I just get back a blank page that says "BAD". I've tried all methods other than paypal.

"member_profile_disabled" when doing anything with my account itself here, sql errors on a few forum areas, or I just get back a blank page that says "BAD". I've tried all methods other than paypal.

Ok well the SQL error has been reported already by another user and the answers from the developers were :

That's our forum provider Invision, will get it to them.  I had one like it myself earlier today too.

FYI I've submitted this issue to the official Invision Support Team. Hopefully they are able to resolve the issue quickly. I'll post here again when I hear back from them. Thanks guys!

Seth

So I guess they're working on this one. I created a thread in the suggestion forum about a message explaining to new users why they can't post. Hopefully they can add something like that soon so people understand why it's like that.

The "Bad" message, afaik, usually appears when a thread is being deleted/archived and we don't have access to it anymore.

For the "member_profile_disabled" I have no idea what it is, but if you want I can post it in the Report a bug section, or you just wait to have your account fixed so you can post  it by yourself. Either  way I guess developers would need browser and OS versions.

Sounds like you managed to get every problem we have!

This is the only forum you can post in a newly registered person.  We'll have to fix that messaging to be much more clear.

On the forums, any SQL errors tend to be transitory.  It's a hosted solution and while it works well 98% of the time we have seen occasional slowdowns/outages.  I have not seen the "member_profile_disabled" before, more info on that either here on to support@artcraftent.com would be appreciated!

On payments, whenever it fails it should give you a message to reach the payment provider, but you put in a ticket directly here:  https://payplussupport.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

Give them as much detail as you can.  While lots of people have no issues, some people have a heck of a time getting them to take money.  We'll have a new payment provider or the USA/Canada in place soon, hopefully next week f which we hope is going to help.

Welcome to Crowfall and thanks for working through the issues with us!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Sounds like you managed to get every problem we have!

This is the only forum you can post in a newly registered person.  We'll have to fix that messaging to be much more clear.

On the forums, any SQL errors tend to be transitory.  It's a hosted solution and while it works well 98% of the time we have seen occasional slowdowns/outages.  I have not seen the "member_profile_disabled" before, more info on that either here on to support@artcraftent.com would be appreciated!

On payments, whenever it fails it should give you a message to reach the payment provider, but you put in a ticket directly here:  https://payplussupport.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

Give them as much detail as you can.  While lots of people have no issues, some people have a heck of a time getting them to take money.  We'll have a new payment provider or the USA/Canada in place soon, hopefully next week f which we hope is going to help.

Welcome to Crowfall and thanks for working through the issues with us!

Good to hear you're switching payment providers, their support time is slow and I have never had this hard of a time just trying to send some money. It is not clear to someone new at all on these forums what you can and can't do. I'm lucky I have people to ask... but I'm willing to power through it... I just think this whole process of getting someone new in here needs to be better, I've stuck around but I'm sure it's turned a few away. I'm thinking the "member_profile_disabled" error is related to me not having forum access, it only happens when I try to change things within my profile (like avatar)...but it's still very frustrating hitting roadblocks left and right when I didn't even know what was causing my problems was to begin with.

The website feels more set up for maintaining existing users and not aquiring new ones which is strange being the game hasn't come out yet. I'm all for not having my hand held in games, but there needs to be a yellow brick road for people interested but not yet users.

Thanks for the reply, I look forward to playing the game.

The website feels more set up for maintaining existing users and not aquiring new ones which is strange being the game hasn't come out yet. I'm all for not having my hand held in games, but there needs to be a yellow brick road for people interested but not yet users.

Great feedback imo! Do you have any ideas how to improve the new user experience? Might be great info for ACE if you have!  :)

I've been on these forums since the beginning so I really can't tell how it is for new users. Live Gamer seems to cause a lot of problems for people.  :(

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Great feedback imo! Do you have any ideas how to improve the new user experience? Might be great info for ACE if you have!  :)

I've been on these forums since the beginning so I really can't tell how it is for new users. Live Gamer seems to cause a lot of problems for people.  :(

Maybe a small floating bar on the top of the web-page that follows you while you scroll, saying you have restricted forum access with a link to why and the steps needed to get a pledge, similar to wikipedia when they ask for funds. Anything is better than how it's set up now. Also, 16 hours+ and counting since last support ticket to livegamer, unless they just run 9-5 business hours.

Maybe a small floating bar on the top of the web-page that follows you while you scroll, saying you have restricted forum access with a link to why and the steps needed to get a pledge, similar to wikipedia when they ask for funds. Anything is better than how it's set up now. Also, 16 hours+ and counting since last support ticket to livegamer, unless they just run 9-5 business hours.

livegamer handle tickets everyday, sometimes tickets will be responded by 24 hours up to 72 hours max depends on queue, so check your mail every once a while.

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Just an update, ElementsPay/LiveGamer basically told me it's my problem. I called the bank, called paypal...I've used both since then and it's worked. I've tried changing all sorts of things to get it going, no joy. Guess I'll be waiting until next week when you get the new payment option until I can use the forums regularly. I can just lurk as usual until then.

I know there's a gifting system. So if I pay someone for a pledge and they gift it to me can I post then? or am I just better off waiting to see how alpha goes before I even give all this a try?

Just an update, ElementsPay/LiveGamer basically told me it's my problem. I called the bank, called paypal...I've used both since then and it's worked. I've tried changing all sorts of things to get it going, no joy. Guess I'll be waiting until next week when you get the new payment option until I can use the forums regularly. I can just lurk as usual until then.

I know there's a gifting system. So if I pay someone for a pledge and they gift it to me can I post then? or am I just better off waiting to see how alpha goes before I even give all this a try?

Yes, if you receive a package from another user you'll be good to post on the forum. http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/7237-gift-recipients-cannot-post/?p=193527

Ako, if you haven't already done so you might want to open a case with support@artcraftent.com.

I know they're looking into additional payment options so you should be able to throw money at them soon, one way or another.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Closing the thread per OP's request.  If you have an issue with our service, we appreciate you contacting support@artcraftent.com so we can work on the issue!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook