Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone!

I've been doing a lot of lurking on these forums since the KS and never posted, and thought I finally take some time to post.

So a little about my myself, I've been playing MMOs for quite awhile now. I believe my first MMO was Ragnarok Onlne and the last one I played was AA, which should give you a general idea about how long. I typically prefer support or ranged classes and I love to craft.

What got me interested in Crowfall initially was not the campaign system, and while I do enjoy PvP, I also enjoy PvE content (don't murder me!). I do like what they are trying to do with the EK system as it's vastly different from a lot of housing I've played with. Also with me being a crafter, I like the idea that crafting will have an essential role and always be in demand in Crowfall and not just be a side activity with little value due to drops from PvE raids.

With that being said, I also know I can find a MMO with acceptable crafting and housing systems that isn't Crowfall. The campaign system is also interesting to me because it makes PvP meaningful where in most MMOs nowdays, it's often not. As a crafter, I wholeheartedly embrace the idea of doing campaigns to get what I need with my guild instead of mindlessy farming mats with no risk or just buying them from a global AH. Both of which I don't mind doing at all usually, but this provides a little bit of variety!

Finally, the archetypes I'm looking forward too see more details on atm is Ranger, Frostweaver, and Druid.

I probably still won't be posting a lot, but I'll pop in here and there!

Edited by purplestreak

Welcome Purplestreak,

I played both Ragnarok and Archeage but I'll say I loved Ragnarok a lot more. Have you looked into Tree of Savior? It's still in development but its meant to be a great game for people who loved the original Ragnarok.

I look forward to buying your wears in game and you probably won't see me on the battlefield because I'll be tunnelling below you :P.

YannMLq.png

Welcome!  It's always awesome to meet another fellow crafter!

Like you, I'm really excited about the potential crafting has in Crowfall.  Without the standard PvE raid farming for drops, there's a great opportunity for crafters to play a very significant role in campaigns and really make our mark.  Obviously we'll have to wait and see how the final product shakes out but I'm hopeful!

71431_original.jpg

Welcome Purplestreak!  It is difficult to speak to the PvE/PvP thing.  This seems to be more PvP focused.   If you are looking for something to prepare yourself and you want PvE, then I might suggest Tera.   The combat mechanics are said to be like Tera.  However, Tera is a korean quest grinder, but its free and I really do like the combat aspect of it.   

SR8DSigTemp_Tahru.png

Welcome!  There seems to be a lot for everyone that is hopefully going to go into this game.  I also really like the idea of the EKs.  It really opens things up, and is definitely a bit more open that most Player-owned House systems that I have seen.  It is somewhere that those who are interested in the economy or managing their kingdom to become a marketplace a thing to do.  I know the idea of CWs is that players should have reasons to go into there.  But it seems to me that for the businessmen out there that want to grow their resources into more resources to benefit their guilds (or themselves I suppose) there will hit a point in their playing where it is no longer necessary for them to leave their EK.  Just don't tell the pseudo-hardcores about this trick haha ;).

a62683edbfc09d0373cb7494e23ef3cd3a056da3

Greetings Purplestreak,

i am no expert but I have great hope for a vibrant crafting system here.  The hope is some players will go PvP in the Campaigns to get resources.  Then some players (maybe many the same, maybe not) will take those resources and craft in the Eternal Kingdoms.  So hopefully you can find a role and really make a name for yourself :) !!

0f678e9787b873074149c019e1245cc58ac62d89