Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EK As A Raid/Dungeon

Zmann966

That title is somewhat misleading, but I know of no better way to phrase my intent.

So it's been mentioned that you can establish your EK as a "public" space, build is as a marketplace or an anchor of trade and shopping. 
Cool! I can see a few EKs popping up as social hubs, where they're the "go to" to trade and interact.

My question springboards off of that; what if I want my EK to be a place for dungeon-crawling?
I understand the Campaigns are going to be big world-spanning conflict: PvE, PvP, GvG, etc... But I have two questions:

1- What occupies our "empty" parcels? If we put no plots down, and it's empty wilderness, shouldn't some kind of (weak) mobs spawn?

2- What if I want parcels of my EK to have dungeons or raids in them. Maybe I customize a section of wilderness with "dungeon" parcels specifically to have mobs and raids occur. Is there any info about setting up your EK as a more-permanent not-as-lucrative "campaign"? If not, why not? Maybe I don't want a hub of trade and commerce, but want to establish a social hub of PvE? Or RPG? Or, as mentioned in the "Arena Parcels" topic, PvP?

Yeah everyone's going to the campaigns to fight and grind and get loot... But I want to design some more complex "personal" dungeons in my kingdom!

Maybe I'm a dreamer, but building my EK towards the goal of a lore-rich city in need of adventurers with mini-quests and a "DnD" vibe sounds so much cooler than just a really big player-house.
Just me?

I think you need to carefully read over the FAQ regarding Eternal Kingdoms:

http://crowfall.com/#/faq/5542873718859c484f5af678

One thing I recall reading somewhere is that Eternal Kingdoms can have mob areas, but only the lowest level basic mobs. I recall ACE mentioning about training/learning to use skills against mobs in you EK prior to going into Campaign Worlds. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all the eternal kingdom assets also used for the campaigns? The buildings, castles and land parcels are all used to build campaign worlds. So if they were to add this they'd either have to add them to campaign worlds as well, which I doubt anyone wants or spend time and money from their relatively shoestring budget to build a purely PvE feature just for the eternal kingdoms... which I doubt anyone wants either.

They said in the July Q&A video, and I'm paraphrasing: "Maybe."

Basically, they need to build monster camps for campaign worlds and if they get around to it or feel like it, they might give the players the ability to place these camps in EK's for flavor.

Edited by Siegnir

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

All systems trickle down from the campaign worlds to the eternal kingdoms. If there is no dungeon or raid content in the CWs, they're not going to custom build any for the EKs.

Building dungeons is a fun idea but has nothing to do with the design goals of Crowfall specifically. There are other games where player-designed PVE content is a central idea, such as Neverwinter.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

They said in the July Q&A video, and I'm paraphrasing: "Maybe."

Basically, they need to build monster camps for campaign worlds and if they get around to it or feel like it, they might give the players the ability to place these camps in EK's for flavor.

There are other threads about this very topic.  Gonna answer with the same question I always ask, WHY?   What "flavor"  are you looking for in the EK that you can not find in the CW's?   There are going to be mobs there AND Players to kill.   The central theme of "risk vs reward"  is not served by player created dungeons in the EK's. Are you trying to stay in a safe enviorment?  What is it that dungeons in the EK can provide that is not already provided in the CW's?

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

There are other threads about this very topic.  Gonna answer with the same question I always ask, WHY?   What "flavor"  are you looking for in the EK that you can not find in the CW's?   There are going to be mobs there AND Players to kill.   The central theme of "risk vs reward"  is not served by player created dungeons in the EK's. Are you trying to stay in a safe enviorment?  What is it that dungeons in the EK can provide that is not already provided in the CW's?

I don't know the answers to your questions.  I'm just semi-quoting the ACE team. 

The reason ACE might do this is for the dollar bills, yo.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

I guess it doesn't have to be a dungeon... You could just call your EK  like... Deadly fields and if they let you place down monster which I guess they will, then you can just make every space of your EK filled with monster plots.

YannMLq.png

I don't like the idea of people doing an Eye-of-the-Tiger montage in an EK then come in the ring (CW) all Rockied out.   You want to toughen up?  Do it in the field.

I am not against wildlife in the EKs.  I am just against gains and rewards for killing that wildlife in the EKs.

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

I don't like the idea of people doing an Eye-of-the-Tiger montage in an EK then come in the ring (CW) all Rockied out.   You want to toughen up?  Do it in the field.

I am not against wildlife in the EKs.  I am just against gains and rewards for killing that wildlife in the EKs.

Yeah thats my main concern with killing mobs in EK... 

Maybe they should have a system in place where you can only gain exp from mobs in EK for the first 10 levels or something? 

YannMLq.png

You can always tell who is going to get dumpstered on the PvP field...I mean who else would want to fight mobs or make an EK dedicated to that? I mean how are these guys gonna even be able to use hotkeys in PvP when they can't even use the forum search function before making the thirteenth redundant thread.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Player-designed campaign worlds might actually be awesome. Someone could custom-make a campaign and then release it into the Hunger-affected areas to be played by others. Balancing imports and exports might be a bit wonky but whatever.

Not a fan of this being in EKs though. It would ruin the whole point of separating EKs from campaign worlds.

Cheewy and Eston, how will killing monsters in your EK buff you up for the CWs given their current character progression model?

Through "active training".   You use skills.  You get experience.  It should not work that way in the EKs.  I do not know how to be any more plain.

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

Through "active training".   You use skills.  You get experience.  It should not work that way in the EKs.  I do not know how to be any more plain.

Do you really think active training up to some low, arbitrary amount is going to make a difference?