Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sanders

UI for lefties

I am an avid gamer and with the keybind systems it is possible for me to game competitively.

I am wondering if there will be an option for left handed gamers to switch the UI to the otherside of the keyboard. So not using WASD but OLKJ.

The problem is typically all the other keys that are sort of hard coded and can't be changed, or that at each update you spend a lot of time configuring the UI again so you can even start playing.

Let me know if there is anything in store for that small group of lefties out there.

Sanders

They indicated that all keys will be rebindable; they just haven't gotten around to building that tech yet.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Another leftie like me?? Do you use your mouse with your left hand? TBH I find that weird... I guess I play like a right handed person.

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

Another leftie like me?? Do you use your mouse with your left hand? TBH I find that weird... I guess I play like a right handed person.

Same here, I'm left-handed in everything except using a keyboard and mouse. I think with a normal keyboard it would be a pain in the ass to have the mouse on the left hand side since WASD(or ESDF) are on the left side of the keyboard, but maybe it is not so bad with a little game pad.

gCWxS8u.jpg

I am a lefty as well.. I rebind all of my keys to the numpad and use the mouse in my left hand. Doing so has caused me a lot of annoying bugs in the past. Something that I have spoken with Gordon about. Hopefully, they will have 2 separate sets of keybinds. One for the righties and one for the lefties, that doesn't have hard keybinds.

I can hope!

Lamdred Al'Ker - OTG

My problem with many MMOs is after and large patch (expansions, huge patches that fix bugs across multiple sections of the game, etc) I always have to rebind everything as they reset to default. Is it really so hard to have the keybinds not reset in these big patches?

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."

Same here, I'm left-handed in everything except using a keyboard and mouse. I think with a normal keyboard it would be a pain in the bottom to have the mouse on the left hand side since WASD(or ESDF) are on the left side of the keyboard, but maybe it is not so bad with a little game pad.

Ya man I am with you. The only other thing I play like a right handed person is guitar where I strum with my right hand.

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

I use my mouse in the left hand, I tried to use the right hand and use WASD but it's impossible for me to play competitive that way. I need the mouse in my left hand, I key bind Alt and Ctrl to my mouse buttons and use my thumb to press those on the Nage Razor and I can't do that with my right hand. I create an opposite setup to the WASD setup on the other side of the keyboard. It works great, but with patches it all resets and takes forever to get it set-up again.

+1 for customizable buttons

Tibia has customizable button sets, so you can use different hotkeys on each character, on thing you're already doing.

ex: different set for crafting, different fighting styles, solo huints, different vocations, etc.

Only thing They're lack of, and what's annoying is: That you're forced to move only with arrows on, which makes it impossible to play, and this is what I am expecting from crowfall.

Nice to eat You.

This is not just about "lefties" but although about different keyboard settings in different countries.

Just for an example the sometimes used ~ (tilde) is quite easy accessible on an U.S. keyboard but with many, especially european keyboards it is not. It doesn't even work to hit the same key. With a german keyboard you would have to hit a combination that would meet the AltGr + ] on an U.S. keboard. Other country settings use other combinations.

So a for some people easily accessible key can become a pain in the Ace for others. Not considering such things may not only upset lefties, but also foreign communities on the whole (as some games have shown before). I wouldn't underestimate this problem and providing free keybindings from the start may solve many of this potential problems.

Edited by Kraahk

This is not just about "lefties" but although about different keyboard settings in different countries.

Just for an example the sometimes used ~ (tilde) is quite easy accessible on an U.S. keyboard but with many, especially european keyboards it is not. It doesn't even work to hit the same key. With a german keyboard you would have to hit a combination that would meet the AltGr + ] on an U.S. keboard. Other country settings use other combinations.

So a for some people easily accessible key can become a pain in the Ace for others. Not considering such things may not only upset lefties, but also foreign communities on the whole (as some games have shown before). I wouldn't underestimate this problem and providing free keybindings from the start may solve many of this potential problems.

Forgot about this... though many foreign gamers that I know use an English/American keyboard anyway for this reason.

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."

Forgot about this... though many foreign gamers that I know use an English/American keyboard anyway for this reason.

Surely not. I've seen what may happen and how whole country communities assess such things. I wouldn't wish this to any game. Especially not to this one. You may be happy with that ... your choice. Surely not mine.