Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Time of Sadness -- Chattanooga

Y'all, peeps here in East/Middle TN are devastated by the tragedy in Chattanooga the other day. If you have friends or family in the area, might wanna call and check on them. 

Anyone seen Cannibal Man? Someone lemme know if you've heard from him in the past few days. 

Send a little light, plz. TN Crows need some love. 

Iri~

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Thanks Iridian.

Yeah I was actually on the highway where the marines (and sailor) were shot as it happened. I was driving into the city for a lunch meeting, and cops pull in front of me and start waving around M-16s. Initially angry, then sad after I learned what happened. It's quite scary. 

I think it really hit home for me after getting back to work and I saw several of the secretaries crying. Both of the shootings were less than a mile from my office, and apparently the recruiter at my work had shaken the shooter's hand multiple times at recruiting events. You just never know who you're talking to, and this really put life in a different perspective for me.

Edited by cannibal man

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Hey cannibal man,

I'm glad to hear that you're safe. Thanks for checking in.

I was in a conference session with a bunch of colleagues from Chattanooga and the surrounding area, TBR stuff, when the shooting happened. All of a sudden everyone's phone was buzzing, then there was total chaos. We had to halt the session so everyone could call home and check in with family. Needless to say, the rest of the conference was grim. Everyone was anxious to get the hell out of there and go home. 

In trying to make sense of the thing, I can't get past the fact that the shooter could easily have been one of my ESOL students. Quite honestly, as an educator, I'm a bit shaken; as a human being, my heart is sore.  

KTown is with y'all. 

Iri~

Edited by Iridian ShadowWeaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.