Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Buying an account from UK

I have a friend (guildmate) who is trying to buy an account from the UK and he only has an option when he enters payment info for the USA.  It does not recognize his location as the UK.  I told him to send an email to  support@artcraftent.com .  Is this a known issue?

Is he logged in via a VPN or remote desktop to a US location?

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Somehow it thinks his IP is from the USA.  I'm working with him.

Awesome, I told him you were great and fast at solving issues.  I was going to buy it for him and have him reimburse me, but we figured that was a bandaid approach because later he might want to upgrade or buy more stuff.

DHCP release won't help. Unless his isp is doing very strange things, if his address changed at all he would just get a different address from the same network range, which wouldn't change anything in terms of his geoIP lookup.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

DHCP release won't help. Unless his isp is doing very strange things, if his address changed at all he would just get a different address from the same network range, which wouldn't change anything in terms of his geoIP lookup.

Depends how big the subnet is for their DHCP pool.  And it could just be a case of LiveGamer having that IP as American or the route his IP was taking.  New address in a different segment could help.

[@--(o.O)@]

As of right now he says he will not buy an account until the problem is fixed.  He is not happy with the solutions that have been offered so far.  Hence, he is in wait in see mode to purchase. 

Gordon,

Thank-you for jumping on this issue.  He is up and running and was able to purchase an account.  He is a pretty happy camper.  He is an older player that has little patience.  So please bear with us old KoS players.