Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daddie

Crowfall meta game

So you know, Blacklisting usually means banning someone from the server or map, not outing them. And I suppose you're right, you might be able to deal with spies in this fashion, but I'd prefer a more concrete way to deal with them in the immediate timeframe of their actions.

double edit: Also for the blacklisting on forums, you would need an account name or characters could do it again, and so far there is no confirmation or denial that you can view peoples account name on their different characters

^ Those

So you know, Blacklisting usually means banning someone from the server or map, not outing them. And I suppose you're right, you might be able to deal with spies in this fashion, but I'd prefer a more concrete way to deal with them in the immediate timeframe of their actions.

*shrug* banning means banning to me...  Blacklisting is a pretty literal word. In the MMO sense at least. You put up a list with names on for whatever the topic is ie "These guys are spies watch them kill them on sight etc"

And also talking about some random dude attacking a keep at 2AM just to grief? Well that's why there are WoO (Windows of Opportunity) that makes it so can only attack keeps during certain times of the day. Which is pretty much a whole other topic entirely.

Edited by pang

who are you to tell them how they're allowed to play?

I'm nobody, but if the majority of people agree that a certain singular person is intent on ruining other people's fun for their own entertainment then that majority should have the right to stop that person.

Who are these people to prevent us from playing the game the way it was intended to be played?

*shrug* banning means banning to me...  Blacklisting is a pretty literal word. In the MMO sense at least. You put up a list with names on for whatever the topic is ie "These guys are spies watch them kill them on sight etc"

And also talking about some random dude attacking a keep at 2AM just to grief? Well that's why there are WoO (Windows of Opportunity) that makes it so can only attack keeps during certain times of the day. Which is pretty much a whole other topic entirely.

Huh, forgot about that whole system with the bloodstone trees and whatnot. Well that's probably a good system on its own to prevent both trolling and attacking during off-peak. Thanks for the reminder. I'm now significantly less worried about griefers.

Edit: This can probably apply to spies do. When a spy is caught, simply close all keeps and whatnot and maybe have a couple players box him in if it's really a bother.

Edited by Dondagora

Huh, forgot about that whole system with the bloodstone trees and whatnot. Well that's probably a good system on its own to prevent both trolling and attacking during off-peak. Thanks for the reminder. I'm now significantly less worried about griefers.

Yeah I mean my only real point was that every game has its trolls and greifers and no matter how the game is set up we can always troll and greif right back at them to deal with it. Much prefer that way then the Dev spend time and resources on extra system that are not really needed.

Yeah I mean my only real point was that every game has its trolls and greifers and no matter how the game is set up we can always troll and greif right back at them to deal with it. Much prefer that way then the Dev spend time and resources on extra system that are not really needed.

How do you grief somebody if he hasn't crafting anything or didn't do anything in the game other than destroying stuff from his own team? 

How do you grief somebody if he hasn't crafting anything or didn't do anything in the game other than destroying stuff from his own team? 

Henkie,

If you've played any RvR or faction style game in the past, you'll know that griefing can and will be a part of any campaign.  If griefing is something you are sincerely concerned about, don't play on a campaign with Friendly Fire disabled.  THAT is why everyone wants friendly fire enabled, so that you can kill whoever pisses you off.

Destroying someone's things is not griefin.

Neither is spawn camping them or kill stealing from them or any of the other sully stuff brought up in this thread.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Henkie,

If you've played any RvR or faction style game in the past, you'll know that griefing can and will be a part of any campaign.  If griefing is something you are sincerely concerned about, don't play on a campaign with Friendly Fire disabled.  THAT is why everyone wants friendly fire enabled, so that you can kill whoever pisses you off.

The thing that makes grieving in Crowfall worse compaired to any other RvR or faction style game, is that everything has to be crafted by players with the option loosing it due to destruction or stealing. That is why I wanted to create some awareness. In my 10 years in EVE 0.0 (PVP space) I have seen lots of "epix tears". I have helped destroy stuff others worked on for months.. I just like to know what the Crowfall think about it and how they going to deal with it or not. 

The thing that makes grieving in Crowfall worse compaired to any other RvR or faction style game, is that everything has to be crafted by players with the option loosing it due to destruction or stealing. That is why I wanted to create some awareness. In my 10 years in EVE 0.0 (PVP space) I have seen lots of "epix tears". I have helped destroy stuff others worked on for months.. I just like to know what the Crowfall think about it and how they going to deal with it or not. 

That's why I mentioned WoO (windows of Opportunity) above. You simply won't be able to walk up to a keep or a wall and with just yourself or a few others destroy it. First if its not in the WoO then you won't be able to do any damage and second if it is then you're going to need a bit more than yourself and few others to destroy things.

Well.. I guess I have said enough. I hope the devs will make an educated choice about spying and grieving and how (not) to deal with it. 

Well they are big on emergent gameplay so hopefully they leave it in the hands of us players, not handholdy systems and mechanics that diminish the risk/reward aspects of the game.

I do feel that there should definitely be some kind of counter-spy action, such as having a kick-out vote, forcing the player out of that particular campaign. Spying you might not be able to do much about, but trolls and people on your team who are purposefully screwing your side in a blatant manner should be kick-able out of your team if enough people acknowledge that they are indeed that sort of player.

As long as game requires teamplay,eveyone abusing that mechanics, should be kickable. Good idea.

Nice to eat You.

I feel like the OP just wants to get some examples on how to counter spies so he can come up with ways to keep on spying.

Voyeurism is an invasion of privacy and needs to be addressed... not exploited.

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

I think ACE will make it so 1 account can't have multiple characters in a campaign... if someone wants to buy another account there isn't much they can do about that but 1 char per campaign per account is a good deterrent.  The chance of someone buying extra accounts and actually being effective at infiltrating top guilds is drastically lower than anyone who can do it with just alt chars on 1 account. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir