Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

The one thing I want to see in this game

I kinda get what he's saying.  Towards the end of Warhammer I remember being in a small group and we were able to hold the bridge in front of a keep by ourselves against about 50 people for a good 5 to 10 minutes before they managed to break us.  It was actually pretty hilarious because afterwards we were chastised and our group was removed from the raid who remained holed up inside the keep.  They said we needed to learn how to take orders... mmmk.  I just laughed at them.  5 guys can hold a bridge for 10 minutes but 35 guys can't defend a keep for the same amount of time against the same forces.  They couldn't understand why that was, which is why they lost the keep.

TLDR:  Good positioning and coordination goes a long way towards making a small team effective against a larger force.  It isn't necessarily a single tactic that wins the day (in this case firehose healing).  And like ShadowwBoi13 pointed out, learn to dodge son  ^_^

-Druid (in it's most support oriented promotion)

-Knight/Myrmidon/Templar

-Champion/Assassin

-Champion/Assassin

-Legionnaire/Knight/Myrmidon/Templar

Some support, some tanky melee, some less tank melee, GG?

If druid has a promotion that even resembles a power healer, I'll likely end up with that as my dregs character.

gCWxS8u.jpg

I kinda get what he's saying.  Towards the end of Warhammer I remember being in a small group and we were able to hold the bridge in front of a keep by ourselves against about 50 people for a good 5 to 10 minutes before they managed to break us.  It was actually pretty hilarious because afterwards we were chastised and our group was removed from the raid who remained holed up inside the keep.  They said we needed to learn how to take orders... mmmk.  I just laughed at them.  5 guys can hold a bridge for 10 minutes but 35 guys can't defend a keep for the same amount of time against the same forces.  They couldn't understand why that was, which is why they lost the keep.

TLDR:  Good positioning and coordination goes a long way towards making a small team effective against a larger force.  It isn't necessarily a single tactic that wins the day (in this case firehose healing).  And like ShadowwBoi13 pointed out, learn to dodge son  ^_^

If that's the case he shouldn't worry too much... if positioning is what he is after, we have collision detection/physics, and friendly fire in this game, pretty good signs that positioning will matter. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

-Druid (in it's most support oriented promotion)

-Knight/Myrmidon/Templar

-Champion/Assassin

-Champion/Assassin

-Legionnaire/Knight/Myrmidon/Templar

Some support, some tanky melee, some less tank melee, GG?

If druid has a promotion that even resembles a power healer, I'll likely end up with that as my dregs character.

Here is to hoping for life leech.

You'll probably do fine in small groups if you have that coordination to build around each other, since there'll likely be plenty of synergy amongst classes and disciplines.

You'll probably do fine in small groups if you have that coordination to build around each other, since there'll likely be plenty of synergy amongst classes and disciplines.

In all seriousness, if people are running small groups they should play on worlds with FF turned on. Because larger forces will be easier to take out when half of them are smacking each other and you and your 3-6 friends are coordinating properly and placing your attacks at the right places.

The FF worlds are where i see the group of 5-10 actually beating a group of 20-30+, because even  a coordinated group of 20+ will eventually end up hitting allies, since the game in physics based. Unless all 20 people stand still they would inevitably hit eachother

You are reading too much into what I am saying..  I am simply stating that smaller groups need to be able to compete.

Ah, OK. In that case I completely agree with you: Brilliant tactical play and creative use of environmental force-multipliers should allow small but excellent forces to defeat larger enemies.

I'd love to see scenes like the one in Dragon Age Inquisition, when the protagonist drops an avalanche on the massive army getting ready to burn his town. Monster hordes, wildfires, and similar threats should be important strategic tools.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Reading the above posts I was struck by all the personal contemptuous attacks on a simple question about player makeup. Coming up with questions is basic during development of crowdfunded games. Personal attacks and innuendo about a person who simply asked a question and made an observation is completely against the purpose of these forums. State you opinions about something of course unless they are nothing but veiled or direct insults to another. I tell all of you that these insults are not a matter of logic or reasoning but character, yours.

What the OP was asking about has not yet become clear or been stated factually by the devs, I suspect because they have not decided about these things themselves as yet. Yes I can imagine (and will probably see) some reaction and invective to my post. Just remember, character.

I definitely think people looked at the group makeup he referenced from Warhammer and read way too much into that.

Edit - Ok... he totally said exactly what I thought he didn't say... but I digress!!!!

I don't think the request is really asking for anything more than a game that isn't complete faceroll, honestly.  So long as the game requires and rewards superior tactical play, it'll all be good.

Edited by Diz

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader