Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TragicNumberOne

The Little Things

The little things are some of the most awesome features of videogames.

What are the little things? They are... well, little features/mechanics that give games just a little more nuance(I hope I'm using this word right). A few examples of these kinds of things, that have been suggested before, are:

Campfires: doesn't have to do anything... just, it exists, you can place it, and be happy.

Seeing unused characters as NPCs in EKs: Just... it would be neat to see your other characters in the EKs, perhaps sitting at a table playing cards.

In-game history(this one is a little long): Perhaps players could build libraries, that automatically stock books. These books would each be dedicated to a different server, each page being a different day on the server, these pages would contain maps and text based off of control over POIs, and other easily trackable things.

for example

page 24:

date of events shown below: 2/6/2017

*map of the world*

*map with political borders*

*other maps with other things*

1:00:00 EST

Give me rocks mines has been raided by Invady invaders guild

1:30:00 EST

Stabby Stabbers guild defends Stabby City from Invady Invaders guild

So as you can see above: the game catalogs simple, easy to track events, and players can infer the rest. This helps build a continuity to the world, and helps maintain memories(Perhaps ACE could even merchandise these by printing a line of books at the end of each year containing these events and sending them to those who purchase them online, haha)

That one was long, haha. These are just ideas that go under: The Little Things. This stuff certainly takes time and effort to make, and by extension aren't cheap, but they do help add just that little bit more detail and nuance to the world the many other games just don't seem to have.

Thanks for reading!

Before people misunderstand:

1. The base game is INFINTELY more important then this stuff, because as the title says: these are The Little Things

2. These are of course not all of "little things" and some may not quite be "little", they are just to get the ball rolling

Once again: thanks for reading!

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

I feel like you made a post for this before...... about the libraries and such.

Rinse, Repeat.   There has not been a truly unique idea in forever.  But, ppl want what they want.   This one wants libraries.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Rinse, Repeat.   There has not been a truly unique idea in forever.  But, ppl want what they want.   This one wants libraries.  

I mean like this dude has asked about this before. Like not a month ago.

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

I feel like you made a post for this before...... about the libraries and such.

The library thing is certainly a pet cause of mine ;), the point of this post was just to compile these ideas under "little things" to help compile the general idea, unless something special comes up specifically concerning this, I will likely stop talking about it.

The library thing is certainly a pet cause of mine ;), the point of this post was just to compile these ideas under "little things" to help compile the general idea, unless something special comes up specifically concerning this, I will likely stop talking about it.

I see. Good luck to you about these ideas. I personally like all the little details and the fact that there are references where I could pull out a book and study a guilds attack formations... what they like to lean towards... the best counters to those movements would make the game a lot more interesting especially for what I have in mind.

I want in game language made to talk and understand some "mythic" npc's.

Decoding, using it might be very fun.

That is very hard to work with... very very hard. Making languages ain't cheap, so it wouldn't be "little". It would be neat to see all the same of course, but it is a bit of a large request compared to just... a campfire.

Ellie as usual is a negative forum troll... <_<  who cares if it's a repeat of a thread from 2-3 months ago...

"ppl want what they want", not being just rude but a hypocrite because "you" want people to follow your "guidelines" on commenting on the forums. 

Ellie as usual is a negative forum troll... <_<  who cares if it's a repeat of a thread from 2-3 months ago...

"ppl want what they want", not being just rude but a hypocrite because "you" want people to follow your "guidelines" on commenting on the forums. 

Bro... I know who the trolls are on this forum and Ellie isn't one of them.

There are 2 kinds of decent veteran forum users... the ones that hate necroposts or the ones that hate repeating threads. This community tends to lean hating on repeated threads because its not hard to use the search bar.

We have been over this before though, no need repeating what has already been said.

Bro... I know who the trolls are on this forum and Ellie isn't one of them.

There are 2 kinds of decent veteran forum users... the ones that hate necroposts or the ones that hate repeating threads. This community tends to lean hating on repeated threads because its not hard to use the search bar.

We have been over this before though, no need repeating what has already been said.

That's your opinion... I find it strange that there is a problem with repeating dead threads? Honestly, I think these "veteran" forum users have better things to do then to come onto someone's thread to whine that it's a repeated thread. Why not just ask for it to be merged, instead of being rude?  <_<

Edited by zero2none

I like the idea of a library it would help us keep track of what happened and when, we can show events off to our friends and remember old times long past. Campfire I cant imagine them not putting them into the game, even if they do nothing, preparing for a siege, up on the battlements, you look down and you see a ton players, siege engines and scattered campfire everywhere it would make for an awesome scene.