Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders' Update: State of the nation - Official discussion thread

Gordon, is there a chance that there will be an investor that has creative control of some sort? If so what are the plans for this possible eventuality if the funding doesn't go as far as planned?

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Much hurray for plans on the european publishing by ACE!

I am not aware of any good european Publisher that I would trust Crowfall with, but ACE themselves.

Very happy to hear that you are working on a solution for this. :)

I'd also rather ACE themselves then any European publishers.

If I am allowed to name few I'd name them out publicly how they care bout money more then just 'player base or customer basis'.

I'd save their faces shall we?

Anyway on-topic

Great update from founders I hope Gordon and Todd keep (51~65% or more of total stock)

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Still on the fence as far as opening to Asian markets...I know why they're doing it, and don't need any convincing, but having had (albeit limited) experience in these markets, I'd advise caution.

Last thing I'd want to see is any outside influence on the game's vision or direction, as I love what the dev team has done and have stated they're planning for this game. This is a very niche game, and will be even more of a niche in Asian markets. I know precautions are in place, but still... If they can do it scot-free, I'm all for it, but like a fellow poster mentioned: Our ways are not their ways...

Btw, are we going to see any other stretch goals that'll affect the game itself? Like other game modes, rulesets, gender/race/archetype inclusions/combinations (o_o)

Edited by RKNM

I hope this helps!

It sure does, thank you.

I solemnly, yet strongly request that you revise your intentions to search for a Russian partner.

Recent experience shows that Western companies were discouraged with the financial results their localizers were showing them and the overall quality of service, and their games closed down in our country (refer to Rift, LotRO). The current rate of the ₽₽ also contributes to the overall purchasing power. However, most of these games are now directly available to our players either in EU, or, in some rarer cases, in NA.

I would thus suggest that you consider offering CF to Ru+CIS directly from EU. Since you already have the budget to translate the game, your main concern would be PR & Marketing, and adjusting the price for the product & services. Steam is also a very effective instrument to automate these processes. Some other indie MMOs have found their way here through this platform and were well received (refer to The Repopulation, Shroud of the Avatar etc.).

Thanks for considering.

Btw, are we going to see any other stretch goals that'll affect the game itself? Like other game modes, rulesets, gender/race/archetype inclusions/combinations (o_o)

No new features between now and release; stretch goals are going to be about accelerating release or improving features already promised.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Gordon, is there a chance that there will be an investor that has creative control of some sort? If so what are the plans for this possible eventuality if the funding doesn't go as far as planned?

There is only one acceptable investor who could gain complete creative control.

3998596-dr-evil.jpg

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

No new features between now and release; stretch goals are going to be about accelerating release or improving features already promised.

I'm sure we'll include a few stretch goals that wil include new features and content, but (1) anything added now would come online post launch and (2) we just need to be careful to not get into a pattern of promising more stuff tomorrow to sell more stuff today.  It's a dangerous road... I'm sure we could increase pledges by doing that, but increasing pledges isn't our endgame.  We want to release this game, and make it great.

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

[Rules of Conduct]

A man likes to post with different names

Gordon always talks about himself in the 3rd person.... It's weird.

It's like having Doctor Doom as a business partner.

Todd

J Todd Coleman

[Rules of Conduct]

Another man who liked to speak in the 3rd person, Bob Dole, had a great line that reminds me of this situation a little bit: "Our intent will not be to create gridlock. Oh, except maybe from time to time."

Keep up the work and get us our game to play!

Piikaa / Pkaoo

rSHxVEY.gif

Wow, very glad to see this update, and know you'll bring CF to China next to US/EU. Though I don't play MMO before, I know PW bring Dota 2 into China locally. Ref to chinese Dota2 version, not bad actually except some censored character model and local micro-transactions. Most important to me is that mean CF should get a proper translation. Great! 

But as I kickstartered CF on a phyisical collector's version and according to my hearing information from friends about some a bit of bad difference between CN Guild Wars 2 and US GW2, maybe I'll still choose playing universal US servers for original collectors things and kickstarter rewards. Looking forward to know more details next year :D

Good job and can't wait my beta stage access coming B)

Edited by Iwbtone

It's really exciting to learn about international growth possibilities. It must be thrilling to have those big choices to make between several candidates. So far I love what I see with the current investors and how they can help meet several objectives all at once. Nice investor video too, I expect the phone to ring a lot.  :)

I don't agree. So far all the videos have been great. If you refer to the Centaur video with all the beeping ... that one was funny as hell!

Keep those videos coming pls!  :D

I'm all for keeping your video guy.

The editing has always been well done. Effects were crisp yet subtle.

Good choice in keeping that man.

I agree with you guys, the quality of the videos is #1, the editing and all the other stuff too. Was really happy to read about this stretch goal!

Happy to hear that the video guy is coming on full time!  I really like all of the videos that I've seen put out.  They're very informative with well-designed transitions and not overly flashy as far as I can tell.  I sometimes re-watch the old ones on YouTube while I work (don't tell my boss).

a62683edbfc09d0373cb7494e23ef3cd3a056da3

Great update! I only have one issue. I don't have 50k to throw around as an investor. (really wish I did!) Other than big investors, are you going to sell stock to others at any time in the future? I can humbly toss $100 a month at you from now until I lose my job. lol

Lamdred Al'Ker - OTG

Great update! I only have one issue. I don't have 50k to throw around as an investor. (really wish I did!) Other than big investors, are you going to sell stock to others at any time in the future? I can humbly toss $100 a month at you from now until I lose my job. lol

Accredited investors will be able to do smaller amounts via the syndicate on Angel List.  For everyone else, the government is working on that ( http://www.forbes.com/sites/chancebarnett/2015/03/26/infographic-sec-democratizes-equity-crowdfunding-with-jobs-act-title-iv/ ) but, as far as I have been told, we're still not quite there yet.  This process is all very new... If and when it becomes an option, I'm sure it's something we would consider if we decided to raise more money.

Thanks for asking!

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

[Rules of Conduct]

In the second section when it is talking about, they mention the syndicates.  That would be the bet for those without large amounts of investment capital, I think.  There's no info yet on the update about the buy-in amounts required for said syndicates or anything like that, though.

Source from section 2 of article:

We’re planning to go to AngelList (a major online platform for angel financing) soon which will allow accredited investors to purchase stock in ACE through a syndicate. Syndicates allow investors to pool their investments at buy-in amounts lower than our minimum.

Edit:^ I'm too slow

Edited by FelledFlames

a62683edbfc09d0373cb7494e23ef3cd3a056da3

I'm sure we'll include a few stretch goals that wil include new features and content, but (1) anything added now would come online post launch and (2) we just need to be careful to not get into a pattern of promising more stuff tomorrow to sell more stuff today.  It's a dangerous road... I'm sure we could increase pledges by doing that, but increasing pledges isn't our endgame.  We want to release this game, and make it great.

Todd

You could be great politician, and this message should be sticked to proposal thread.

What about fansites? 

They're external part of the game and free advertisiment with bunch of community administrated by some people in some languages.

Will people working on it get some kind of reward for their job?

Example. Tibia fansite administrators have free premium time.

Nice to eat You.

I am glad that not only the game design has a lot of thought and experience to it but the finance and every other aspect (marketing, videos, art, narrative) too. This game gets better and better as we speak :)

I AM ME!
I love you all.

Todd

This is the root of the current SC hullabaloo. Good to hear you guys are focused on releasing the inirial vision of the game!

eEvERiW.jpg

Thanks, again, for being transparent.  I always get warm fuzzies from these updates.  It's reassuring because it resonates the same messaging I've seen from inside successful businesses.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger