Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vitalized

Top Musicians/Bands?

I am just curious on your guys favorite bands/ musicians?

Top 5

top song of your number 1 pick and if that is too hard then do favorite album

what makes them special? Can be anything

Remember Music is purely opinionated experience so there is no need for debates or hating on another person.

I am also looking for new music lol.... I listen to everything from Disturbed to Katy Perry to Fleet Foxes

Ill go first.

Honorable mention: Mumford & Sons

5.Chevelle

4.Dean Martin

3. Nujabes

2.Love& Death... Brian Welch Solo career.

1. Breaking Benjamin

Breaking Benjamin top album would be Phobia however their top song is off of the newest album Dark before the Dawn- Ashes of Eden.

It is special to me because of his vocals, the emotions.... the lyrics sound like a prayer. That prayer is exactly what I prayed about 2 years ago.... going through a rough time in my life and I had to pull over to the shoulder on I-35. I had a very intimate moment with God when I prayed "Hold me close... don't let me go" and I kid you not I felt like a burst of water in my chest and flowing over me... I heard his voice say "Always". So that's why that song is special.... because I prayed that almost word for word.

Your turn.

Edited by Vitalized

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

I love Alternative Rock, Hard Rock and Classic Metal. 

Top three bands that I always listen to at least once per day: 

1. 30 seconds to Mars (Jared Leto is the best!) 
  2. Flyleaf 
  3. My Chemical Romance

I like that these bands put a lot of meaning and effort into their songs. There's always a story or reason for the song and the artists are not just repeating the words (chorus) over and over like in some songs that I always hear on the radio lately. 

But I also love the following bands

• Disturbed
  • Karnivool
  • Linkin Park
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Three Days Grace
  • Lost Prophets 
  • Zeromancer
Edited by zero2none

Queens of the Stone Age have been my favourite group for about 10 years.

However, I love alternative Rock, stuff like Tool, 30 Seconds to Mars etc (even though they're very different). Quite like Torn Apart, Enter Shakari's latest track.

On the other hand, huge fan of stuff like Florence + The Machine and Paramore.

I've got a pretty varied taste generally. :)

Mainly indie/alternative folk/rock and singer songwriter stuff for me.. But I listen to classical, metal, pop, punk, electronic music as well. Basically anything that is good.

Bob Dylan is king though and probably will forever be.
Blitzen Trapper
The Tallest Man On Earth
Rise against
Imagine dragons

Could have gone on listing for quite a while but there's 5 with some diversity..

I forgot best song! Mr. Tambourine Man has been my favorite song for over a decade now, a true masterpiece that resonates with me a lot.

Edited by Zushakon

Member of The BlackHand Order

Ugh, I can't really decide. What I'm listening to the most recently in no special order:

Clutch

Suidakra

Brant Bjork

My Sleeping Karma

Tengger Cavalry

Queens of the Stone Age have been my favourite group for about 10 years.

However, I love alternative Rock, stuff like Tool, 30 Seconds to Mars etc (even though they're very different). Quite like Torn Apart, Enter Shakari's latest track.

On the other hand, huge fan of stuff like Florence + The Machine and Paramore.

I've got a pretty varied taste generally. :)

If you're into stoner rock I can name you a few good bands.

Eh, I used to like my metal in the vein of Gojira, Meshuggah, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Opeth, Tool, all that slightly proggy stuff that's still got a kick to it. I don't listen to it so much any more, mainly 'cos people around me aren't as into heavy music.

More recently I've mellowed and been listening to more Hendrix, more Floyd, Led Zep, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Guthrie Govan, even Newton Faulkner... lots of really great guitarists. Also I have a taste for some weird electronic hybrid thingies like 65daysofstatic.

These lists make me weep for the future.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I got quite a few and can't choose favorites XD

Megan Nicole

Selena Gomez

Ariana Grande (sometimes)

Victoria Justice

Miranda Cosgrove

Big Time Rush (Still mad that Kendal left for Heffron Drive)
Dove Cameron

Olivia Holt

Skillet (Band)

Duel Police (A Yugioh song parody artist)

and occasionally a couple songs not by the above artists including Parallel by Heffron Drive ( D: Kendal )  and I will not bow by Breaking Benjamin.  Also some MLP music, mostly 20% Cooler and My Past is Not Today.

Edited by FreezeWind

BQRSX6y.jpg?1

I have a ridiculous amount of music saved to my Spotify playlist. Something like almost 2000 songs now.

I can do a top 2 favorite songs. And a favorite album.

Castles Made of Sand - Jimi Hendrix. Every time I hear this song I'm reminded why it's my favorite song of all time.

Slide Away - Oasis. Specifically the acoustic version Noel plays in Chicago in 1998. One of the greatest love songs ever written.

Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers. I humped a lot to this album in high school, it would be a disservice to not include it. It's also a damn good album.

I could probably do more if I thought about it.

Top five, huh? Alright.

These are five artists that I consistently enjoy the music of. By that, I mean I'm more likely to let any given song of theirs play to completion rather than skip to the next track.

Bostonhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTFD5DZwK7g

These guys have the most consistently complex sound I've ever heard. Every song tells a story in a way that I haven't seen matched.

Imagine Dragonshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thbsg9i2mZ0

Masters of bass, Imagine Dragons can paint a vivid mental image with their sound.

Jeremy Soulehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7nmtReFnDs

Jeremy Soule's music builds on centuries of classical knowledge to create slow but powerful melodies, harmonies, and rhythms. I love his work.

Florence + the Machinehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWOyfLBYtuU

Florence is that one weird artist girl we knew in college, but now all grown up and incredibly imaginative.

Delhi 2 Dublinhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM3WyqKjG4M

Delhi 2 Dublin have one of the strangest fusion music styles I've ever heard, but more importantly, they are MASTERS of performance. Seeing them live and utterly high on...uh... organic substances is one of the highlights of my life thus far.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

Depending on mood I would say five from the following: Agalloch, Amorphis, Caladan Brood, Crimson Shadows, Melechesh, Paradise Lost, Red Fang, Summoning, Therion. Then I would also mention The Beards as a sixth.

Depending on mood I would say five from the following: Agalloch, Amorphis, Caladan Brood, Crimson Shadows, Melechesh, Paradise Lost, Red Fang, Summoning, Therion. Then I would also mention The Beards as a sixth.

I'm also a big Therion fan. Own every single piece of music they have ever released.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I'm also a big Therion fan. Own every single piece of music they have ever released.

I have yet to see a bad live performance from Therion. And while they might have had some mediocre albums, those weren't bad either. Too bad Chris works so slow nowadays.

I have unfortunately never seen a live performance. They never come to the U.S.!

SWrkfdj.jpg