Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miltenacious

Where's my Copper Badge?

So I have upgraded to the Backer Bundle for a while now, but I still do not have the Copper Badge to update to under my account in "Forum Badges". I hope this is not a major issue and can be resolved easily.

xEaNvuV.png

As far as I can tell, there is no Copper Badge.  Interesting, since it was mentioned on the Kickstarter page and still shows on the Crowfall Store.

It looks to me like they renamed "Copper" to be simply "Backer."  Perhaps an oversight?

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

As far as I can tell, there is no Copper Badge.  Interesting, since it was mentioned on the Kickstarter page and still shows on the Crowfall Store.

It looks to me like they renamed "Copper" to be simply "Backer."  Perhaps an oversight?

That's really quite the false advertising then. I'm disappointed I didn't receive what was presented at first in the product's details

xEaNvuV.png

That's really quite the false advertising then. I'm disappointed I didn't receive what was presented at first in the product's details

You got a badge that came with the bundle, it's just called different and has a different color.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

First, sorry to upset you, certainly that wasn't our intent.  The Backer bundle did say it would have a copper badge.  But we didn't end up calling the bundle copper (all the bundles above it were named for a mineral or metal).  There are more than a couple of text issues with rewards, which are locked the moment you go live with a Kickstarter (i.e. they cannot be edited)

We can resolve this in a couple of ways that I can think of.

1) We can change the backer badge to a more copper-like color.  I'm pretty sure the artists ended up changing it when we made the badges because it was too close to gold and amber though in the first place.  Maybe make more greenish like copper that's oxidizing.

2) We can change the text to call it the Backer/Copper badge.

Things often change during development for reasons that aren't apparent until you get to the point of implementation.

Let me know what you think we should do about it.

Some people have problems.

This game is in development at least until the end of next year, and the complain is about a wrong badge color.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to laugh or cry.

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

I agree that the complaint is light on substance, but that doesn't mean it's not based on valid principles. ACE promised a copper badge, so it's a reasonable request. To which they responded reasonably.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I understand that you may be disappointed, probably that if I really wanted an item and it was different than what I thought, I would be disappointed too.

However, I think that it's not false advertising, but rather a mistake they've made to not change the forum badge name to fit with the bundle name. The developers had hundreds of things to think about during the Kickstarter, so I guess it's normal to forget about one thing or two.

First, sorry to upset you, certainly that wasn't our intent.  The Backer bundle did say it would have a copper badge.  But we didn't end up calling the bundle copper (all the bundles above it were named for a mineral or metal).  There are more than a couple of text issues with rewards, which are locked the moment you go live with a Kickstarter (i.e. they cannot be edited)

We can resolve this in a couple of ways that I can think of.

1) We can change the backer badge to a more copper-like color.  I'm pretty sure the artists ended up changing it when we made the badges because it was too close to gold and amber though in the first place.  Maybe make more greenish like copper that's oxidizing.

2) We can change the text to call it the Backer/Copper badge.

Things often change during development for reasons that aren't apparent until you get to the point of implementation.

Let me know what you think we should do about it.

I apologize if I came off rather harsh in my feedback. I suppose I'll go with the first suggestion. Perhaps this is a good reference for the artists to use in consideration for a new color:

JjLch.jpg

Also, I understand that this game is in a developing stage, but perhaps it's best considered that this dilemma be best resolved earlier on than later when there's a lot of people who will be complaining about the same mishap. 

xEaNvuV.png

Also, I understand that this game is in a developing stage, but perhaps it's best considered that this dilemma be best resolved earlier on than later when there's a lot of people who will be complaining about the same mishap. 

This is the first I've heard of someone complaining about a badge color.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Wut?

Understands that game is in development <-> complains about minor "Mishap"

Even without any form of math studies, it should be possible to spot that this equation is not equal.

This kind problems are normally not really high on the priority list at this stage of projects.

It's the same as early access on steam. People expect polished finished games - everything working and done - as they are still in development. First things high on the priority list get done then things lower and at last things at the bottom of this list, like this color thing lol

Edited by Dwayna

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC