Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GeistBaoh

Can Crowfall be the WoW killer?

In order for Crowfall to be a WoW killer it'd have to cause the WoW players to leave WoW and join Crowfall.  I'm not sure if that would be a good or a bad thing.  But, if you're actually serious and want a serious answer, just refer to Handies post.  :D

Good lord, please stop posting.

They aren't even in the same class. We don't want WoW players here.

now why would i listen to you?

it seems like you have issues with outside the box questions

Im not basic like you

I love the idea of crowfall, like i said, its my wow killer.

You asked if you would be THE WoW killer, not your personal WoW killer.

You would be wrong.

It must be hard being a bad troll...

I think that he's asking a legitimate question that many many people discussed during the Kickstarter. 

ACE has been referring to WoW plenty of times in interviews.

They also answered the question already. "No one is going to kill WoW. The only thing that is going to kill WoW is WoW itself."  

You asked if you would be THE WoW killer, not your personal WoW killer.

You would be wrong.

It must be hard being a bad troll...

your picture says a lot about you, you are basic and boring...theres nothing OG about you...see you in game :D ...much love, hope your life and mind gets better

They also answered the question already. "No one is going to kill WoW. The only thing that is going to kill WoW is WoW itself."  

Even if ACE stated that CF wouldn't kill WoW, I think the people who want to discuss about this subject should be able to.

It's not like discussing about WoW is incredibly negative or anything.

Even if ACE stated that CF wouldn't kill WoW, I think the people who want to discuss about this subject should be able to.

This topic should never be discussed, ever. It brings unwanted attention as the thread would appear on Google.  What I mean by unwanted attention is those that would have their hype meter filled too much. Then you would have all the news outlets coming and making post and spreading more hype. Lets not start that hole already.

Crowfall is 90% pvp based I'd say, wow is 75% pve. If crowfall took 100% of each segment that it could (and it wont) it would take 30% of all wow players. So no it will not kill wow. If crowfall is wildly successful it would only make wow stronger because wow would adapt and atrack more people. It's not about killing wow it's about building a sustainable niche that fosters a fun competitive medium. There are a lot of issues Ace needs to iron out before it can even begin to think about reaching the ranks of wow, but the best way for them to do it is to have a helpful mature community that gives meaningful feed back during the alpha/beta phases.

Full disclosure:I'm a wow fan boy, but I really want crowfall to hit it out of the park and create an awesome game (which I think all pledgers do).

Edited by Blender

Courant, he is just obviously trolling. Why bother taking him seriously?

Edited by Adall

This topic should never be discussed, ever. It brings unwanted attention as the thread would appear on Google.  What I mean by unwanted attention is those that would have their hype meter filled too much. Then you would have all the news outlets coming and making post and spreading more hype. Lets not start that hole already.

I disagree. Preventing users to talk about WoW because it will appear in Google result seems irrational to me.