Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Streaming Crowfall Content

BaSkA

So I didn't really try to look for this information, except for a quick search (sorry), but I didn't find anything so here it goes.

I kind of wanted the reply of someone from ACE but the community opinion is always appreciated.

How is early alpha footage stream policy going to be like?

I have played a few games where sharing early footage wasn't allowed and also played games where it wasn't a big deal.

I, personally, would love to be able to stream and make YouTube videos of in-game early footage to spread the word even more and to hype people. There are a few reasons I can come up with not to let us make content out of it but I really hope ACE doesn't feel that way.

Tell me your thoughts on this and, if possible, let's get some official word from ACE.

Thank you,

BaSkA

“War is mass murder, conscription is slavery and taxation is robbery.” ― Murray N. Rothbard
alGxc9C.png
✣Junte-se a nós✣

No NDA as posted on Twitter, Reddit and these forums. I'm sure it was posted on other game websites as well.

Expect this to be a true Alpha. There will be bugs, crashes, server instability, texture problems, etc. It could be possible that the server isn't available 24/7 for a duration.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Might be a bit off-topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread for it. 

Can anyone who streams tell me what you need to be able to do it? For instance, what program is the best one? How much upload speed is enough?

If there's any Australians that can answer this then that'll be great bonus. 

Edited by zero2none

No NDA as posted on Twitter, Reddit and these forums. I'm sure it was posted on other game websites as well.

Expect this to be a true Alpha. There will be bugs, crashes, server instability, texture problems, etc. It could be possible that the server isn't available 24/7 for a duration.

I don't really care, all I want to do is show in-game footage, maybe videos, maybe stream, no problems. If there is no NDA, then I'm happy to know! :)

Might be a bit off-topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread for it. 

Can anyone who streams tell me what you need to be able to do it? For instance, what program is the best one? How much upload speed is enough?

If there's any Australians that can answer this then that'll be great bonus. 

There are many requites in terms of PC horsepower and upload speed.

You need OBS which is a really easy to setup and straight forward capture program. Then you just gotta figure out how good the video you are streaming can be, depending on your internet connection and CPU, use this to figure out the optimal settings.

Take me for example, beast PC, poorly made socksty internet (my average upload speed is 1Mbps): Every game I stream I play at 1080p Ultra settings but I gotta stream it in 480p or 720p because of the internet connection.

Hope I helped somehow!

Edited by baska

“War is mass murder, conscription is slavery and taxation is robbery.” ― Murray N. Rothbard
alGxc9C.png
✣Junte-se a nós✣