Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Celevra

Large Castle = $600?

Thank you Canth.

Yes i heard about that in a video interview. The tax-free parcels will reduce the maintenance cost multiplier of the Stronghold.

But my questions were different. I got concern that they might have the potential to become a game-breaker.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Thats the wrong perspective to look at my friend. If the KS Castle should look "better" than the 2015 Shop Castle, which you cant get through playing either, only by purchasing, what my dear friend should the castle look like you get through gameplay alone?

Should the person who doesnt know of Crowfall yet, or not having that much money really be punished by getting a "worse" looking Castle?

A person which really plays the game, enjoys it, and dives into it with fun and joy does have the very same claim of getting something he can admire, like someone who knows about this project and wants to support it and got the money to do so, i would dare say!

That is such a small childish way to look at things, this perspective you describe there, which ruins society and civilization since humankind exists.

In my case, I only support these guys cause i have trust in them. Trust that they will make a game which i am waiting, dreaming, hoping for for so many years. Trust that their vision and mine of such a game will harmonize. Trust that they will act justly to each and every player/person who likes what they are doing, and not treating the one person better than the other just cause they give them a bunch of cash. If i would want that, I would not play Crowfall but dive right into this amazing world before my door, where what you describe is actually called corruption and is everywhere in this world, each and every corner. And thats the very reason why I support them, because they are actually not like this in anyway and are aware of that fully. I was oberving this project quite a while, before i was involving myself into, because these people are great people i can trust and have faith in, i got no doubt about that. If people like these would be political to be voted they sure would have my vote. And so I am gonna join this adventure together with them, to fight the Hunger, the corruption in each and everyone of us back, and while we may not be victorious in the end, because there will always be corruption as long as humankind exists, we will very well set a remindable mark in the memory of Humankind, in the history of human civilzation itself, which will be reffered to by upcoming generations for decades, centurys and aeons. And while they will know about what enormous deed we fullbrought, they wont ever know how it felt, how it felt to go out, stand together, fight and see in the eye of the storm, they, at best, will only be able to imagine how it was, until they go there and stand tall and upward for what they believe and trust in theirselves. So dare you say such unthoughtful words my dear friend, because you arent even aware of what you are doing.

And thats why you should never say things which are an eyesore to me in a forum about something I am really soul and fire for!!!     *Nyyyaaaaahahahahahahhaa*

......I really overdid it again   >.>''

Long story short: Dont make the different versions of strongholds in this game look "better" or "worse" than the other, just "different". Like humans arent by default better or worse than the one or the other, just different.  But the ACE people are upstanding citizens of Friendship Kingdom and very well aware of that, I would say. Especially the one saving a cat on the highway.

Thank you Canth.

Yes i heard about that in a video interview. The tax-free parcels will reduce the maintenance cost multiplier of the Stronghold.

But my questions were different. I got concern that they might have the potential to become a game-breaker.

So your saying the contents of this wall of text is a game breaker or am I missing something? 

Edited by Nakawe

Yes.

I was talking about tax-free parcels.

As I saw 2 members talking about something that possibly indicates this in my opinion.

And i dont say they are one, i am questioning that they might got the potential to become one.

Edited by Urahara

I just would like to know the size difference between latge, medium, and small castles.

Sorry if its mentioned, Im reading through the class arch section of the faq atm.

Edited by KodyTench

This issue is addressed here: https://youtu.be/hgBNxDZi1Nk?t=377

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Yes.

I was talking about tax-free parcels.

As I saw 2 members talking about something that possibly indicates this in my opinion.

And i dont say they are one, i am questioning that they might got the potential to become one.

They are definitely not a game breaker, that's how they are intended to work.The essential idea behind the tax free system is that you don't build your EK with nothing but strongholds and buildings. You will need the tax-free ones to lower the cost.

Edited by purplestreak

I just would like to know the size difference between latge, medium, and small castles.

Sorry if its mentioned, Im reading through the class arch section of the faq atm.

Strongholds of the same type like Castles always have the same parcel shape and because of this got the same size. So a small, medium and large Castle all got the same size. But of course a small Castle looks and is build different to a medium castle, they arent the same. The Castles itselfs are different, its only the size of the land the Castle comes with thats the same. And as well are you able to build on the parcels of a large Castle much more stuff than on a small Castle, because a large Castle got a higher capacity than a small Castle. I made an overview to this here http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/7952-villagestronghold-relationship/ .

Edited by Urahara

They are definitely not a game breaker, that's how they are intended to work.The essential idea behind the tax free system is that you don't build your EK with nothing but strongholds and buildings. You will need the tax-free ones to lower the cost.

So the tax-free parcels will make my stronghold get lower on costs even if i increase my EK with them? While normal parcels would make my stronghold more expensive to maintain? And i can build parcels and tax-free parcels ingame?

There are two kinds of parcels: stronghold parcels, and resource parcels.

Stronghold parcels have building lots on which buildings can be placed. Buildings placed on a stronghold parcel have an upkeep cost. The stronghold parcel itself has no upkeep cost.

Resource parcels have no building lots; you cannot place anything on them. Instead, they apply bonuses of various kinds to a stronghold parcel they are adjacent to. One example of such a bonus is a reduction on upkeep costs for buildings on that stronghold parcel. Resource parcels do have an upkeep cost, except for tax-free parcels which do not.

We know that parcels can be constructed via in-game means. We have not been told whether it will be possible to construct tax-free parcels but I think it unlikely.

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Ok, so tax-free parcels might have the possibilty to become a cash-shop only premium item, which i will defintely need at a certain point of expanding/upgrading my EK at a certain progressing level for bigger EKs.

That sounds like its kind of a trick to say, yes we make all strongholds achieveable through gameplay alone, and prefer this ingame way. But we are a small company with a crowdfunded game and need to find some solutions for monetization, so we make the strongholds available for real money too.

I am ok with that if the balance is kept. But the tax-free parcels seem then like a small backdoor to say, well but if you go for a big EK then at some point you wont get around but to pay our cash.shop a visit.

Like to say, yes our strongholds are available for all through playing the game, there is no premium exclusive stuff, but thats not all there is to it. Because the stronghold itself is not all, if you wanna really use them you gotta pay real money extra.

Edited by Urahara

I'll be there anyway, but, I have 3 words for ya ;) tax-free parcels.  See ya in the dregs.

I have a feelin that with yer pockets, you won't stop with just one or two fortifications and at some point you'll have to venture on taxed parcels. Don't forget to keep yer inventory full, I need something to bait the rest of your fluffy friends with.

Upkeep is paid with in game resources, not real cash. You never have to spend real money on anything except VIP tickets unless you want a shop-only skin on something.

Tully

So your saying the contents of this wall of text is a game breaker or am I missing something?

So you call his post a wall of text, which is a pejorative term, but you quoted the whole thing, in addition to quoting another post, only to post a single sentence in reply.

Do you see what happened there?

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

Upkeep is paid with in game resources, not real cash. You never have to spend real money on anything except VIP tickets unless you want a shop-only skin on something.

Yes sure, thats not what i am saying.

But if I have to pay an upkeep with ingame resources, I cant possibly ever achieve through playing, even with help. I gonna have to get tax-free parcels at some point, to lower the upkeep costs.

Like purplestreak and you posted, I gonna need them to lower the costs, at a certain point in progression with my EK, I would like to add.

And when I cant make them myself like normal parcels, but have to pay for them with real cash, I cant see a point for tax-free parcels to exist in the first place, if not as a cash cow.

Edited by Urahara

If you overbuild your EK beyond the point where you can maintain it through your own efforts, then that's a problem you've created for yourself. You could choose to build at a self-sustainable level instead. If you want a bigger palace than you can afford, then of course you're going to have to fund it some other way.

Tully

Well i think i made my point clear and you understand it well. If there is no explicit or good reason for something to exist in your game concept, why adding it to the concept and building your system around it?

What do you think the maintaining/upkeep cost-rates will be calculated on?

If i got the choice to drop normal parcels, which give me a bonus but increase my costs as counterpart,

or to drop premium exclusive parcels which give me a bonus and not only cost me nothing but even decrease my costs,

well I dont believe you have to think much about which one's you wanna drop.

Edited by Urahara

Well i think i made my point clear and you understand it well. If there is no explicit or good reason for something to exist in your game concept, why adding it to the concept and building your system around it?

If i got the choice to drop normal parcels, which give me a bonus but increase my costs as counterpart,

or to drop premium exclusive parcels which give me a bonus and not only cost me nothing but even decrease my costs,

well I dont think you have to think much about which one's you wanna drop.

See first question in FAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TErDtyeQIDI&feature=youtu.be

See question at 6:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TZZnyB-ydU&feature=youtu.be

I should also add that EKs aren't meant to be single-player housing, that's simply not within the vision, they are instead building blocks to make a larger community for trading, social hubs, and semblance of a persistent world.. You can certainty treat your personal EK that way, but you have to be realistic on what you can and can not afford like Jihan mentioned. The system will greatly favor people who enter campaigns to gather resources and collaborate together to build out EKs. So when it comes to being able to afford your EK in crowfall, you either have to live within your means or be apart of a much larger kingdom to keep cost low.

Edited by purplestreak

well I dont think you have to think much about which one's you wanna drop.

Since the game doesn't have a monthly subscription, it is one way for Ace to gather income.

Beside if the 5 taxfree parcels you start with is not enough for you. You can always throw them together with other people of your guild to make 1 big EK out of them.

If you prefer to be bigger on the alone part or replace taxed Parcels cause you want to expand a lot, you can support the game and buy them in the shop.

Not too much of a issue really in my opinion. Everything within the game is supposed to have you interact with other people and the EK does just that as well, when it comes to your desire to build big EK's and work together for ressources on upkeeps of the Parcels and Buildings.

Your choice will always be about the resource management, a Meta game in its own.

Edited by Zola