Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Celevra

Large Castle = $600?

I have a feelin that with yer pockets, you won't stop with just one or two fortifications and at some point you'll have to venture on taxed parcels. Don't forget to keep yer inventory full, I need something to bait the rest of your fluffy friends with.

Oh do stop talking dirty :P 

Items will be easy come and easy go anyway.  I doubt any disciplined guild will be drawn into a negative encounter by a few items in my inventory, nor would I want them to.  Truth be told, I don't think the world will be quite how you're imagining it, unless you're in God's Reach with the carebears who can't take losing their pixels.  I don't see that though.

Many Warm Fuzzies your way,

Corpsey

PmnGhMD.jpg

í blóði er hefnd kvöl er ótta dýrð sorg ríkir

See first question in FAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TErDtyeQIDI&feature=youtu.be

See question at 6:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TZZnyB-ydU&feature=youtu.be

I should also add that EKs aren't meant to be single-player housing, that's simply not within the vision, they are instead building blocks to make a larger community for trading, social hubs, and semblance of a persistent world.. You can certainty treat your personal EK that way, but you have to be realistic on what you can and can not afford like Jihan mentioned. The system will greatly favor people who enter campaigns to gather resources and collaborate together to build out EKs. So when it comes to being able to afford your EK in crowfall, you either have to live within your means or be apart of a much larger kingdom to keep cost low.

I am fully aware that EKs can be, but arent meant to be singleplayer housing instances, as its called kingdom and the term implies that its gonna be a massive crowded area, and empty Kingdoms with one King residing in it himself alone are only to be seen in fantasy, or humans fantasy reality of themselves being the king in the real world.

Ok this is confirming my thoughts and assumptions I made, in my opinion.

Please correct me anytime. (I gonna try to not grumble around like Todd did in the video, when he was corrected :D     I like Todd, i think he is a real nice guy)

But what that says is the following:

A forge got a certain tax-rate "X", and a stronghold got a certain tax-multiplier "Y", which increases with the stronghold progression.

So a forge gets more expensive to maintain if I drop it into a Palace than if I drop it Into a Fort, because the Palace got a higher tax-multiplier than the Fort.

Intra-Stronhold progression stages with increasing tax-multipliers arent cofirmed yet (higher tax-multiplier for a Large Caste than for a Small Castle).

With tax-free parcels i can bring that tax-multiplier down, and even down to zero.

So that means, if i can get enough tax-free parcels, a forge will cost me only the buildings tax-rate "X", because the tax-multiplier "Y" will be zero.

So a forge will cost me only the tax-rate "X" independent of the stronghold I put it in, if i can get enough tax-free parcels.

A forge will cost the same to maintain in a Fort or a Palace then. Of course you will need much more tax-free parcels to bring the tax-multiplier to zero with a Palace, than with a Fort.

If this is correct, it means that tax-free parcels are going to be by far the most valueable item in game.

You should be aware that you gonna be dependend on tax-free parcels if you want to build a mid-sized EK and higher. EKs being the games progression side, if you wanna progress in this game you gonna be reliant on these tax-free parcels at a certain point increasing your EK.

Like the ACE team said before, you wont really gonna be reliant on EKs in broad terms. As there are gonna be different Import rules per campaign, restricting players from getting major support from their EKs, and through this getting big advantage and winning the campaign.

But if you really are imagining yourself of managing a middle or big-sized EK with your friends and people you havent met yet, but will hopefully ingame, be aware that you gonna be reliant on tax-free parcels. Dont get blinded by the prestige and glamour of the premium strongholds in the store, as you will need to maintain them. And if you cant maintain them, you wont be able to use them, so they would be worthless.Then you would have either to scavenge them or find another EK with people having many tax-free parcels, or getting many many resources out of campaigns, which is going to be harsh. Another option would be attracting these people with many tax-free parcels into your EK, which is unlikely too, if you ever tried to convince a rich person to give you money for free you know what i mean. I advise you that if you go for the premium strongholds (Castle and higher), you should always count in a necessary minimum of tax-free parcels requiered to be able to maintain them yourself with your current access to resources.incoming constantly on a solid base. This is required to upkeep your EK on a solid fundament. If you ask, I got a certain amount of money i can spend on this game, and i dont got enough money for all things, where should i Invest in. My advise would be the following at this point in time, that we dont know everything behind the EK-System, and dont know how you can acquire tax-free parcels, if through cash shop only maybe or not, or if they were kickstarter exclusive. In the kickstarter there was no "exclusive" standing before the tax-free parcels like it was for example referenced to for the kickstarter strongholds, which implements tax-free parcels arent kickstarter exclusive. If you look at how many tax-free parcels you get with the packages (kickstarter and 2015), my impression is that they are going to be very very valueable. In fact i think at this point in time, they are going to be the endgame thing for this game, the most valueable item to get, thats why they are so rare even with the higher packages. As you wont be able to maintain premium strongholds without tax-free parcels, because they are making it really so much easier if you have them. They are going to lower your constantly maintaining/upkeep costs permanent, which saves you ongoing so much resources you can invest elsewhere in new/bigger/better strongholds and buildings, and through that progressing in game much much faster than without them. So if you ask yourself, you got that amount of money to spend on this game, what should i get for it, I would advise you to clearly prioritize tax-free parcels before everything else, If you plan on having a premium stronghold (Castle and higher). If you go for a mid-sized till big EK with your friends prioritize tax-free parcels over strongholds or something else, as they are the key to faster/efficient progression in game.

I have to say I dont really know what to think of tax-free parcels, as mentioned before I am questioning if there is real meaning for them to exist in the first place in this game concept. This way not (only) the huge strongholds are going to be the endgame or aim for in this game, but these tax-free parcels even more, because they are the ones making these huge strongholds able to handle, and you need them for all premium strongholds most probably. It seems a bit like it is playing with the fire to me, and if tax-free parcels are going to be cash-shop only, i got the impression it could be like adding oil to the fire. I can easily see some people realizing this and shouting P2W on the internet, and the s*** is about to hit the fan, like you say in USA, so I am adressing this upfront here in beholding of a possible s***storm might coming up. This community of backers consists mostly of enthusiastic, good-willing, tree-hugging people, who are really willing to support this project, as they share the vision of this idea, which is the initial spark of Crowfall. So they are willing to forgive or oversee some game features, from which there are, in such a complex, innovative gameproject, sure to be some features uncertain (devs being unsure about them or how to handle them themselves) and worthy of critic (open minded, productive critic). And I am only making this amount of work myself and supporting this because I am really good-willing and enthusiastic with this project myself. Not being able to have further insight in the game concepts, this is my honest impression of this mentioned feature with the information i got at hand. I really hope this was/is conctructive and helps somehow in making this game into something we all will be amazed by and hold dear for a very long time.

And yeeaaah..., another wall of text worth disregarding, same like books, so over the top today...   :)

I am and will keep to be an upstanding citizen of Friendship Kingdom, hopefully.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

1) we don't know what bonus the tax-free farmland parcels will convey. It might not be a tax-rate reduction at all; there are other bonuses that resource parcels can supply, and no specific announcement has been made about what bonus the kickstarter free parcels will be granting.

2) we don't know that you can bring your tax multiplier down to 0 by adding enough farmland, even if those parcels do give a tax-rate reduction. There are a finite number of parcel slots which are adjacent to any given stronghold.

3) we don't know that new tax-free parcels will be available by any means. It's possible that the kickstarter supply is all there will ever be. If that's the case, most players who come to the game during live release will never know or care about this feature; the KS community is tiny relative to the number of players who will eventually have the game.

4) we don't know that it will be impossible or even difficult to generate in-game funding for the maintenance on a large kingdom via the efforts of a similarly large guild. In fact, I suspect this will not be a case. Your maintenance apocalypse scenario should come into play only for people who significantly overbuild their kingdoms relative to their tenants' aggregate income. Your premise that tax-free parcels will be the most valuable resource in the game is only obviously true for people who are specifically planning to strongly develop their EKs and NOT strongly develop kingdom population or market income.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

1) we don't know what bonus the tax-free farmland parcels will convey. It might not be a tax-rate reduction at all; there are other bonuses that resource parcels can supply, and no specific announcement has been made about what bonus the kickstarter free parcels will be granting.

2) we don't know that you can bring your tax multiplier down to 0 by adding enough farmland, even if those parcels do give a tax-rate reduction. There are a finite number of parcel slots which are adjacent to any given stronghold.

3) we don't know that new tax-free parcels will be available by any means. It's possible that the kickstarter supply is all there will ever be. If that's the case, most players who come to the game during live release will never know or care about this feature; the KS community is tiny relative to the number of players who will eventually have the game.

4) we don't know that it will be impossible or even difficult to generate in-game funding for the maintenance on a large kingdom via the efforts of a similarly large guild. In fact, I suspect this will not be a case. Your maintenance apocalypse scenario should come into play only for people who significantly overbuild their kingdoms relative to their tenants' aggregate income. Your premise that tax-free parcels will be the most valuable resource in the game is only obviously true for people who are specifically planning to strongly develop their EKs and NOT strongly develop kingdom population or market income.

To 1) and 2)

The first of the 2 videos purplestreak kindly posted, and I watched 5 times to be certain, and 2 times again before writing this, says otherwise.

It says 2 important things:

1. I am one of Todd's favorite people in the world [of the internet (as a Crowfall backer). We are basically like this *fingers crossed*].

2. Yes, thats the design goal at this point in time, says Todd.

To 3)

Yes, i said so myself in detail in the text.

To 4)

That is exactly what i am hoping for too my friend, as how I mentioned i only made assumptions.

Edited by Urahara

You're absolutely right. Although that was with a heavy caveat that everything is subject to change =)

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

You're absolutely right. Although that was with a heavy caveat that everything is subject to change =)

Yes, like that is totally normal for a gameproject in not even pre-alpha yet.

This is indeed the very reason why, why we are discussing this here, like they are doing too at the same time.

The concepts and ideas will change and grow with time and hopefully for the "better", as we all are hopefully able with our combined efforts to make it something we can admire and be proud of. That outstanding, enjoyable game many of us are waiting for for so long now.

I like your thoughts in 1)

A possibility would be that the only bonus of tax-free parcels could be, that they are reducing the tax-multipliers.

While other/normal parcels would give you other different boni or advantages, but increase your tax-multipliers.

Another possibility would be that:

Tax-free parcels give you a big malus or disadvantage, but decrease the tax-multipliers a lot.

And other/normal parcels would give you a big bonus or advantage, but increase the tax-multipliers a lot.

or

Tax-free parcels give you a small malus or disadvantage, but decrease the tax-multipliers a lot.

And other/normal parcels would give you a big bonus or advantage, but increase the tax-multipliers a bit.

Edited by Urahara

Tax-free will still be available to purchase, but not obtainable in-game. https://youtu.be/13f1-w8IPsY?t=17m34s

Also ACE wrote in KS comments that they're items and can be traded between players, so it's possible for players to exchange them for in-game resources, like VIP tickets.

Edited by courant101

Joy

I dont understand what you are trying to say with this.

But up there Corpsey has send many warm Fuzzies your way. I was enjoying the fluffy conversation of you two very much  :)

Edited by Urahara

I dont understand what you are trying to say with this.

But up there Corpsey has send many warm Fuzzies your way. I was enjoying the fluffy conversation of you two very much  :)

If tax-free parcels are easily purchased or procured through trades, I foresee a lot of EK recluses with no need to venture out into the CW's since the resource sinks aren't there.

If tax-free parcels are easily purchased or procured through trades, I foresee a lot of EK recluses with no need to venture out into the CW's since the resource sinks aren't there.

And why Joy then and not Sadness?

Sarcasm is not so easily articulated over text.

:blush:

I understand you very well. I am not a fan of this either.

Because of this i even went through the trouble to find a workaround on this topic, since the kickstarter and 2015 packages with their tax-free parcels are already out.

The 3 possibilities i mentioned earlier would be able to solve, or at least relieve this, by keeping the tax-free parcels in the game.

Edited by Urahara

Thats the wrong perspective to look at my friend. If the KS Castle should look "better" than the 2015 Shop Castle, which you cant get through playing either, only by purchasing, what my dear friend should the castle look like you get through gameplay alone?

Should the person who doesnt know of Crowfall yet, or not having that much money really be punished by getting a "worse" looking Castle?

A person which really plays the game, enjoys it, and dives into it with fun and joy does have the very same claim of getting something he can admire, like someone who knows about this project and wants to support it and got the money to do so, i would dare say!

That is such a small childish way to look at things, this perspective you describe there, which ruins society and civilization since humankind exists.

In my case, I only support these guys cause i have trust in them. Trust that they will make a game which i am waiting, dreaming, hoping for for so many years. Trust that their vision and mine of such a game will harmonize. Trust that they will act justly to each and every player/person who likes what they are doing, and not treating the one person better than the other just cause they give them a bunch of cash. If i would want that, I would not play Crowfall but dive right into this amazing world before my door, where what you describe is actually called corruption and is everywhere in this world, each and every corner. And thats the very reason why I support them, because they are actually not like this in anyway and are aware of that fully. I was oberving this project quite a while, before i was involving myself into, because these people are great people i can trust and have faith in, i got no doubt about that. If people like these would be political to be voted they sure would have my vote. And so I am gonna join this adventure together with them, to fight the Hunger, the corruption in each and everyone of us back, and while we may not be victorious in the end, because there will always be corruption as long as humankind exists, we will very well set a remindable mark in the memory of Humankind, in the history of human civilzation itself, which will be reffered to by upcoming generations for decades, centurys and aeons. And while they will know about what enormous deed we fullbrought, they wont ever know how it felt, how it felt to go out, stand together, fight and see in the eye of the storm, they, at best, will only be able to imagine how it was, until they go there and stand tall and upward for what they believe and trust in theirselves. So dare you say such unthoughtful words my dear friend, because you arent even aware of what you are doing.

And thats why you should never say things which are an eyesore to me in a forum about something I am really soul and fire for!!!     *Nyyyaaaaahahahahahahhaa*

......I really overdid it again   >.>''

Long story short: Dont make the different versions of strongholds in this game look "better" or "worse" than the other, just "different". Like humans arent by default better or worse than the one or the other, just different.  But the ACE people are upstanding citizens of Friendship Kingdom and very well aware of that, I would say. Especially the one saving a cat on the highway.

Do they not have paragraphs in Europe? Jesus Christ.  Posts like yours above are what destroys the fabric of civilization.

While I can appreciate that you'd like to attribute the ruination of society to my thoughts on kickstarter castles, I fear that you're giving me too much credit. I have no desire to see anyone punished and I'm not advocating for that.  I think that the perfect who buys a castle through the shop or works in game to build theirs should get perfectly fine castles.  I have nothing against their efforts.

I'm just assigning a better value to my $500 contribution due to the timing of said contribution.  It's worth more than the castle bought in the shop, or the one built when the game goes live.

Edited by protonix

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

1) Do they not have paragraphs in Europe? Jesus Christ.  Posts like yours above are what destroys the fabric of civilization.

2) While I can appreciate that you'd like to attribute the ruination of society to my thoughts on kickstarter castles, I fear that you're giving me too much credit. I have no desire to see anyone punished and I'm not advocating for that.  I think that the perfect who buys a castle through the shop or works in game to build theirs should get perfectly fine castles.  I have nothing against their efforts.

3) I'm just assigning a better value to my $500 contribution due to the timing of said contribution.  It's worth more than the castle bought in the shop, or the one built when the game goes live.

4) I'm gonna be a little disgruntled if the only difference between my KS castle and the store bought one is the skin. Especially if it doesn't even look better.

To 1)

Yes we actually have, and maybe you are right. But you see, another person got disgruntled with me because posting such a long "wall of text". If i would now add paragraphs like you said, the text would maybe get easier to read, but get even longer, with even more people disgruntling towards me.

So either way i am doing it, I am doing it wrong, and so I always search for a kind of middle thing.

Unfortunately I am not that deep of a person to express myself in 20 words alone,

or not that good of an author to point out all the different views-/points, which are meaningful in relation to the topic, while keeping it at a reasonable length,

or even both.

As I stated, I am aware that i am overdoing it sometimes, but thats most often necessary (sadly I might wanna add) to get unaware, lackadaisical people to start thinking.

So thank you for still bearing with me.

To 2)

For the ruination of society I dont have to attribute you, because that is exactly what society is doing constantly very well on its own. The only thing society does at all you might wanna say.

What you posted in 4) and was reason for my post you are refering to, says otherwise. It very well implies, if not surely means, that you would like your KS Castle to be superior in comparison to a 2015 or ingame version.

First thing it says is that you want your KS Castle to have an additional difference to the 2015 version, than only the different skin. Which would be a gameplay advantage, which nobody but the kickstarter backers would ever get, and this isnt acceptable clearly.

Second thing your earlier post says is that you want your KS Castle to look "better" than the 2015 version. The ACE team would be badly advised to do so, as the 2015 version is only available for money this year as well. Following this line the version the people will get through gameplay alone at launch or at the store at launch would be a joke.

So dont make the different kickstarter, 2015, 2016 versions look "better" or "worse" than the other, just "different". Like humans arent by default better or worse than the one or the other, just different. But the ACE people are upstanding citizens of Friendship Kingdom and very well aware of that, I would say.

But you should know that if you went through the trouble reading my previous post.

One thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post is that, as a kickstarter backer you will be able to exchange your KS stronghold with the 2015 or 2016 version of the same stronghold-type, when they are available in the shop and one of them is more appealing to you than your KS version. Sorry for forgetting to mention this.

And dont forget you can always give back your KS Bundle for cash-shop currency, if you want to spend your KS-money different at the cash-shop.

To 3)

The meaning of your statement here is wrong, but you are unaware of this, please let me explain.

With your appreciated $500 contribution, you didnt only get an KS exclusive version of the Small Castle, you received a huge bundle of very good stuff from ACE. The whole bundle you got would cost if you buy it seperate in the store easily 3-4 times of what you contributed. I only gonna point out now some of the most important stuff, because your KS bundle really is so amazing huge.

6 years of VIP Membership, 1 villa, 2 Cottages, 1 cathedral, 3 additional character slots, 15 tax-free parcels and a physical Collector's Edition, I would personally love to have!

Your kickstarter sapphire bundle got much more content than the 2015 sapphire bundle, which comes at the same price. So rest assured, you really really get tons of great stuff for your money, its really extraordinary great value in my opinion.

And the best thing I didnt even mention till now. Because the ACE team really wanna make sure that their early backers get great, no, even the best value for their money of all backers, and the ACE-team really wanna give back to those supporting them at these early stages, they even added strongholds to the higher tiers of the KS Bundles, as they were coming to pricing out things. And guess what, as a Sapphire KS backer you are, you sir will get a Large Keep additionally to your KS Small Castle, at no further charge.

If thats not a nice deal and a nice gesture by ACE then I dont know what it is.

https://crowfall.com/#/news/founders-update-under-the-surface

For making you think I was supposed to confrontate with you personally, I am honestly sorry for not being able to write it in a more pleasant or constructive way, as it wasnt my goal of confrontation, but getting people to the idea of changing the view of looking at something. For not being able to do that, or jugding this as possible personal slight, what it maybe isnt and getting this all wrong by myself, I am bowing my head and hat and gonna make you a special offer.

As I was able to catch just now a mouse running around in my room (no kidding), and putting her into a bucket with a small cup of water and some cheese, before bringing her now outside, somewhere into the nature. You can give the mouse a name if you like so, I am for calling him/her Bert for now. Not as heroic as the ACE Combat team member saving a cat on the highway, but still... .

Bert really is constantly trying to escape the bucket, I had to put something on top of the bucket while writing this, but he still tries and doesnt give up. Energy-rich, little, hard-trying, tough, badass-bastard of a mouse he/she is. I gotta hurry with this, he really wanna get out on adventure it seems.

In case you ask yourself how should i catch a mouse myself if this ever happens to me, what is unlikely that you ask for that, but anyway. Put a big, stable plastic-bag on the ground with something interesting in it, doesnt have to be food. So when the mouse enters the plastic back, you will hear it by far and can wait to let the mouse get more inside, and then simply slow go there and pick the bag up. Then putting the mouse into a bucket and nobody got harmed.

And again, I am honestly sorry for making you feeling uncomfortable with my previous post if that was/is the case, because i am really loving this game project, and for you being here too, it means we both probably have somehing very in common and want to support this and I am contributing you and all others here very very much for doing so, because this project is a inner heart's desire of mine, and i am so happy that here are so many people probably feeling the same way coming together, and wanna help and support making this game come true.

Oh, and yeeaahh, sorry for making this wall of text again. For reasons please read To 1) above.....         ^_^

Edited by Urahara

/unsubscribe

You are are right... sorry about that.

I think i should gonna point out the most important things in the text, or chances are he isnt gonna go to read it.....

I didnt know you can subscribe here? 

Maybe I overbought, but I went ahead and got Small Fort / Med Fort / Small Keep / Medium Keep / Large Keep to go with my Sapphire pack that comes with two cottages, a cathederal and a Small Castle. I'm hoping it will all fit into my own EK. If not, that it will be tradable / giftable / upgradable so that I can help host my guild. I'll have to figure out as more is known. We'll all find out together once they let us start testing.

Piikaa / Pkaoo

rSHxVEY.gif