Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Celevra

Large Castle = $600?

Maybe I overbought, but I went ahead and got Small Fort / Med Fort / Small Keep / Medium Keep / Large Keep to go with my Sapphire pack that comes with two cottages, a cathederal and a Small Castle. I'm hoping it will all fit into my own EK. If not, that it will be tradable / giftable / upgradable so that I can help host my guild. I'll have to figure out as more is known. We'll all find out together once they let us start testing.

Correction. You forget your 1 villa.

Also a Large Keep was added to your package for free. https://crowfall.com/#/news/founders-update-under-the-surface

I would have advised you however to get some more tax-free parcels for that. Because you have to keep in mind the maintenance costs for all these strongholds. But if anyone would read the posts i made for all of that above, i wouldnt have to tell you ....

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Correction. You forget your 1 villa.

Also a Large Keep was added to your package for free. https://crowfall.com/#/news/founders-update-under-the-surface

I would have advised you however to get some more tax-free parcels for that. Because you have to keep in mind the maintenance costs for all these strongholds. But if anyone would read the posts i made for all of that above, i wouldnt have to tell you ....

The only trouble is tax free parcels are not available yet.  Oh well.  :P

PmnGhMD.jpg

í blóði er hefnd kvöl er ótta dýrð sorg ríkir

The only trouble is tax free parcels are not available yet.  Oh well.   :P

Yes, they are the most critical shop item. ACE is good advised to work all things out first about the ressource and maintaining system before putting them into the shop. They are gonna be the most valueable shop item.

I still think maybe its gonna be better if tax-free parcels wouldnt be shop exclusive or wouldnt exist at all.

Edited by Urahara

Yes, they are the most critical shop item. ACE is good advised to work all things out first about the ressource and maintaining system before putting them into the shop. They are gonna be the most valueable shop item.

I still think maybe its gonna be better if tax-free parcels wouldnt be shop exclusive or wouldnt exist at all.

I dunno that I agree with you.  I WOULD agree 100% if they directly had an impact on winning or losing a campaign, but they really aren't super meaningful in that manner.  Some may be afraid it will keep carebears out of the cw's but I don't really anticipate that being a problem.  Unless the carebear is backing early, even if they do get tax free parcels, they will still have trouble upgrading or building their castles... and if they are... well there really aren't enough of them at the moment for me to worry about that either.

PmnGhMD.jpg

I dunno that I agree with you.  I WOULD agree 100% if they directly had an impact on winning or losing a campaign, but they really aren't super meaningful in that manner.  Some may be afraid it will keep carebears out of the cw's but I don't really anticipate that being a problem.  Unless the carebear is backing early, even if they do get tax free parcels, they will still have trouble upgrading or building their castles... and if they are... well there really aren't enough of them at the moment for me to worry about that either.

Its just as i stated already that i dont see a reason/meaning or necessarity for tax-free parcels to exist in the first place. So my approach is, dont put stuff into your system when there is no good reason for it. Like with cooking

Edited by Urahara

Its just as i stated already that i dont see a reason/meaning or necessarity for tax-free parcels to exist in the first place. So my approach is, dont put stuff into your system when there is no good reason for it. Like with cooking

I think in this case, the reasoning may have been those donating large amounts of money to the kickstarter would not have to worry about their stuff just fading into ruin.  This could be inaccurate, but perhaps not.  In either case, I am a bit glad they exist, since then economic hubs can safely have lower taxes, a lower bottom line, and no harm to revenue.  Perhaps this is off topic though.

PmnGhMD.jpg

We can all hope the carebears come into the CW's, that much easier for us to kill and collect their pretty pixles!

Piikaa / Pkaoo

rSHxVEY.gif

I think in this case, the reasoning may have been those donating large amounts of money to the kickstarter would not have to worry about their stuff just fading into ruin.  This could be inaccurate, but perhaps not.  In either case, I am a bit glad they exist, since then economic hubs can safely have lower taxes, a lower bottom line, and no harm to revenue.  Perhaps this is off topic though.

Yes no risk taking, because risk isnt good.

I think different though.

EKs being save home instances there is no threat of harm to them at all. Even if you cant maintain a building, it wont get destroyed or lost, it just goes into ruined state and stops producing anything. So the need to go on adventure into the campaign worlds is the one and only "risk" if you wanna say so. By eliminating this feature through a cash shop only exclusiv item fell...  mmeeeewwh. Also it will surely be unfair competition through campaign worlds only players and people with money to buy tax-free parcels from the shop, competing with EKs. The people will be like, oh they are better in the campaign worlds getting more ressources through them than we do, but hey, why starting to think how we can improve ourselves or finding new members in our EK or fusing with other EKs, when we can not only buy whole strongholds in the store, which are available for ressources aw well, but also we can just buy tax-free parcels as much as we want and by doing so we bring the tax-multiplier down to zero, so there will possibly be no need or shortcut for resources anyway at any point.

I am ok with strongholds being in the shop for 3 reasons.

1) Because you can get them through playing the game as well.

2) Because this is a small company with a crowdfunded product.

So it would help for there to be incentives to give money for, as people who support a crowdfunded project with more money than others do, ususally want a reward for doing so in return, because its not enough to support something they are willing to support for them to give this extra amount of money on top.

3) Because you have to pay the upkeep/maintenance costs of these strongholds you buy in the shop, by playing the game.

So while this system to this point gets a fully O.K. from me.

The tax-free parcels for being a cash-shop exclusive item are messing with 3 of these 3 points.

1) Because you can not get them through playing the game as well.

2) The strongholds in the shop themselves are already enough incentives for making this game project interesting for people willing to spend much money. The reason could be ACE is looking for constant/certain cashflow over the years when everybody already has strongholds, as a second tier of stronghold/EK upgrading system. Like a free monthly sub for players wanting to play with their EKs as well, if you want so.

3) Tax-free parcels have much potential to totally messing with point 3, as they are reducing the tax-multiplier of a stronghold down to zero.

So it would be cheaper for you to put your forge into your castle, which you bought and is surrounded by tax-free parcels, which you bought, which drops the tax-multiplier to zero,

than putting it into the Fort of the player who got his Fort through playing the game and got no tax-free parcels from the shop, which is why he cant drop the tax-multiplier.

This makes the game of competing with your EKs, in an economic way, into a real life economic game, by which the one who spents the most cash in the cash-shop wins actually.

No fun. I dont like this, and when i like something not, then i dont like it, and this one, i dont like. I know, very poetic.

It got possibly many destructive potential to the gameplay (gamebreaker, P2W).

Should it be the potential possibly reason for tax-free parcels to exist in this game for a monetizing reason in the first place, I would advise ACE of not implementing them into the game, or at least not this way into the game. Have faith in your own product, the community and the society you live in. I am believing Crowfall is going to be really successful, from the game's quality side as of the economic side as well. I am assuming Crowfall is going to be constant throughout its lifespan in the top 3 of MMORPGs in the west and top 5 worldwide, I am almost certain of this, Crowfall is going to be economic very successful.

So there is no monetizing reason for tax-free parcels, especially not if they have possibly much potential of hurting this game and its gameplay.

Edited by Urahara

Again.

I really doesn't matter. The EKs are not in competition with each other.

You don't win anything from having a larger ek.

Most people won't even see more than one EK.

Who cares if they sell tax free parcels.

You can't force people to want to play the campaigns. If forced they will just not play at all.

Edited by Cirolle

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

It got possibly many destructive potential to the gameplay (gamebreaker, P2W).

I disagree with this.  Cirolle put it very clearly, and in my opinion has a realistic stance.

Again.

You can't force people to want to play the campaigns. If any hung they will just not play at all.

Well said Cirolle, well said.

We can all hope the carebears come into the CW's, that much easier for us to kill and collect their pretty pixles!

Haha :D we can only hope they have the enthusiasm to join us in the dregs or shadow right? 

Winter is coming carebears, and your little diaper won't keep you warm.

Edited by Corpsewake

PmnGhMD.jpg

Again.

You can't force people to want to play the campaigns. If any hung they will just not play at all.

Wow, you really are limited in your thinking.

The EKs are going to be in SERIOUS contention with each other. EK's are going to be the trading hubs of everything gotten from the CWs. From thralls to disciplines to materials, no one is going be able to do it all by themselves. EKs are going to become critical to trading to make high end gear to be used in CWs and disciplines for your character development. One of the pictures ACE has on this site that shows of how the worlds are laid out has the gods worlds with winners only getting 40% of the stuff the embargoed (the losers get 20%). Yes, those number can change between CWs, but you get a good idea about how much stuff the devs want coming out of the CWs. 

And whichever EK becomes developed the fastest with stall and markets and the rest will become the drivers for controlling the player driven market rates for all those things you need to make all the stuff all your guild members want so they can stay competitive. Moreover, until we learn more about the crafting and the limits of how much one character can take on and develop, alot of guilds may very well need to higher outsiders to perform these crafting services since not enough of their own members are willing to "gimp" themselves with crafting disciplines or they just don't have enough people.

If all you want is to PvP that's your choice, but EKs are part of the larger meta game that is worth fighting over too. Just not with big sticky-pointy things, but with brains and trading/politicking skills.

Sigh

What you can import to the CWs, will be very limited, even in the most lenient ones.

Gear will NOT effect your character as much as you seem to think.

So, while you might want to bring the best gear, it is not going to be a huge difference from medium gear.

We don't know much about disciplines, but they were drops in SB. (See beneath for "what if they are crafted).

Since you most likely cannot bring resources into the CWS, it is far more likely that disciplines will be traded for disciplines.

Unless they make a serious search feature for finding things on sale in the EKS, it is far more likely that someone (thedregs.com) will have a sub forum to simply trade things. No need to look at 176 EKS if I can trade a commanders for a ratcatcher on a forum.

Crafting will be done far more in the CWS also, which means, ANYONE can skip ever going to an EK.

Since the EKS are optional, this is fine.

I know there are lots of people that are excited for the EKS, and that is awesome.

Just try not to hype it so much that you get disappointed later on.

(EKS is a great new take on housing. I like that)

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

I am patiently awaiting the art and a mountain citadel sale....

This or the Imperial Palace. Depending on what looks better. But I like the icon of the citadel ^^

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Higher prices are typically meant to drive exclusivity.  You don't want your biggest and baddest structure to be easy to acquire (both with money and through in game play).  If everyone has one, they aren't really a big deal anymore.

that might be true but for the price of one large catle you could buy 3-4 large keeps giving you FAR MORE square feet then the large castle for less money.... lol

that might be true but for the price of one large catle you could buy 3-4 large keeps giving you FAR MORE square feet then the large castle for less money.... lol

In a single-player kingdom or a small guild that's a great point. But in a kingdom where all available parcel space is developed, you can't add more building lots by simply deploying more low-density parcels, because you have no place to put them. In that scenario, replacing keeps with castles is the only way to continue your growth.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Having all the economical activities centralized in a single, large building may also be more rewarding than spreading small ones all over the map.

If the time it takes to run from a parcel to the other is long, it may encourage the traders to visit EKs that offer all what they need in one location.

I guess it will also depend on mounts speed, spawning method and fast travel options.

well if it is the size you care about there is probably one asset with the best size to price ratio. However having multiple castles close to each other doesn't sound really appealing to me (visual and organisational vise)

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Small castle to large castle going take a lot of resources to build it.

Citadels and Palace going be so expensive to buy and going take a lot of resources and man power to build.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

They are EK exclusive purchases, I really don't care since I'll just not utilize the content, or just patronize someone who does if it's unreasonably priced.

My concern is moreso that they deliver on the value of these features, because I'm not about price gouging.

I will acknowledge though that square footage isn't exactly an accurate indicator or value, especially in a 3D game, the height and thickness of the walls, the quality of the structure, and the features it include could improve value.

The biggest problem is that most of these features are valuable to an embattled castle, a peaceful EK might have no use for them, and is just going to be irritating if they build a bunch of artifical benefits like plugging up more or better artifacts.

Ultimately, they just need to do a good job or ppl won't use it... ultimately I'm still not in support of selling huge packages for an unestablished game like this, I'd prefer for them to seek more consumers, not herd their flock of whales into pouring more money into it.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P