Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This will be all of us soon enough.

Handies

Take these kind of posts to Off Topic please. General discussion is for Crowfall I believe.

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

The process of learning a game and separating the nubs from those with skill. However, we all meet someone who can easily match us.

XA5IsmX.gif

Well... not all of us do...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I think you're taking this out of context; What this is meant to represent is the ridiculous nature of rock, paper, scissors mechanics in a video game.

Games that are Asymmetrically balanced are never that simple.  But you can also look at it from the perspective of kama and understanding the game.  Oh yes someone who is high level, has good gear then with that decides to gank a newbie, to then get their ass handed by another newbie who simply is better at the game than they are, I see this often in EVE Online, primarily in low sec.

I find in games like this one is going to be, winning will be more than the simplicity of abusing power, no I highly doubt you can simply be a bully as such.

One could think of it like a CCG, oh you may have an ultra rare expensive awesome card, but I still have 1 "remove any monster" spell card in my deck left, you didn't think to consider that before playing a card which otherwise would win you the duel if I had played it already, so instead of baiting me into a trade I'll lose, you play your ultra awesome rare monster you only have 1 of in your deck.  I then proceed to destroy it with a common spell that comes in a starter pack.

That is the difference in thinking between someone who thinks strategically and someone who thinks tactically, tactical thinking requires no intelligence, even a stupid computer can be programmed to do it.  I get the feeling Crowfall will be more than just the simple tactics we see in most MMOs.

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

I think you're taking this out of context; What this is meant to represent is the ridiculous nature of rock, paper, scissors mechanics in a video game.

Games that are Asymmetrically balanced are never that simple.  But you can also look at it from the perspective of kama and understanding the game.  Oh yes someone who is high level, has good gear then with that decides to gank a newbie, to then get their bottom handed by another newbie who simply is better at the game than they are, I see this often in EVE Online, primarily in low sec.

I find in games like this one is going to be, winning will be more than the simplicity of abusing power, no I highly doubt you can simply be a bully as such.

One could think of it like a CCG, oh you may have an ultra rare expensive awesome card, but I still have 1 "remove any monster" spell card in my deck left, you didn't think to consider that before playing a card which otherwise would win you the duel if I had played it already, so instead of baiting me into a trade I'll lose, you play your ultra awesome rare monster you only have 1 of in your deck.  I then proceed to destroy it with a common spell that comes in a starter pack.

That is the difference in thinking between someone who thinks strategically and someone who thinks tactically, tactical thinking requires no intelligence, even a stupid computer can be programmed to do it.  I get the feeling Crowfall will be more than just the simple tactics we see in most MMOs.

Did you seriously just make a wall of text over the OP's post?

Edited by cannibal man

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Games that are Asymmetrically balanced are never that simple.  But you can also look at it from the perspective of kama and understanding the game.  Oh yes someone who is high level, has good gear then with that decides to gank a newbie, to then get their bottom handed by another newbie who simply is better at the game than they are, I see this often in EVE Online, primarily in low sec.

I always enjoy reading your post....Always insightful and well though out. +1

You mean were a Shadowbane player, the game got shut down remember. :(

Also I will ignore anyone's sense of entitlement.

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

I love how Psy came in here and posted that wall of text and completely ignored the fact that I am a Shadowbane player. I am quite aware of how this game is going to play out. 

Does being a former Shadowbane player give ya some sense of entitlement?  I was a former UO player does that count?

His wall of text made sense to me....

Edited by Nakawe

I love how Psy came in here and posted that wall of text and completely ignored the fact that I am a Shadowbane player. I am quite aware of how this game is going to play out. 

I don't think you are aware of how this game will play out.  I also think people who clung to shadowbane will do worse in this game than those who play more modern mmorpgs.

I don't think you are aware of how this game will play out.  I also think people who clung to shadowbane will do worse in this game than those who play more modern mmorpgs.

Are you serious? You are telling me that since I still play Shadowbane, I  don't play modern mmos? Do you even think before you post?  Rofl...

Are you serious? You are telling me that since I still play Shadowbane, I  don't play modern mmos? Do you even think before you post?  Rofl...

He is a troll man. Don't pay any attention from him. He has this already preconceived vision of what crowfall will become due to talking with his pro "friends" in gaming as well as a pompous attitude for it. Just let it be.

Actually that isn't what I said at all...

He is a troll man. Don't pay any attention from him. He has this already preconceived vision of what crowfall will become due to talking with his pro "friends" in gaming as well as a pompous attitude for it. Just let it be.

It is more fun to just laugh at him.

Actually that isn't what I said at all...

That is exactly what you said... Good try though.

It is more fun to just laugh at him.

That is exactly what you said... Good try though.

No... what I said, and what you think I said are not the same lol... the post is there for the reading...

Yet, you have made no attempt to clarify. Are you done yet?

The post is right there, there's no need to clarify it lol... 

I think you are mistaken in general, the whole "im kinda a big deal for crowfall cause i played shadowbane" won't really play.  You are comparing experience from a 2003 click to move game and the community that clung onto it after the good players had moved on, to a 2016 action combat game. 

Completely differently gaming culture, completely different mechanical requirements.

The post is right there, there's no need to clarify it lol... 

I think you are mistaken in general, the whole "im kinda a big deal for crowfall cause i played shadowbane" won't really play.  You are comparing experience from a 2003 click to move game and the community that clung onto it after the good players had moved on, to a 2016 action combat game. 

Completely differently gaming culture, completely different mechanical requirements.

I cannot believe you just used my argument in the "Current Stretch Goal Needs to Change" thread even though you were against it.

You are also using Shadowbane as an example of why shadowbaners will not do well in this game..... even though you kept saying Asia will love Crowfall because they loved Shadowbane! Those who don't do well typically leave!

HYPOCRITE! TROLL!

Isnt LoL click to move? So wouldn't those ESports Pro players have difficulty playing Crowfall.