Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Urahara

Village/Stronghold relationship

Hello beloved Crowfall,

i am falling in love with this game with each day passing by more and more and just wanna dive right into it like in a warm fluid mass of the fluffiest, most wonderful thing i could imagine.

So I went to the shop and looked at the new Large Castle again, like I did already 100 times, i guess, and will keep doing so and imagine how i run around there. 

When I looked into the Description I saw that the Large castle will have 400,000 square meters, and room for three mid-sized villages.

I looked then at the Large Keep, which got 300,000 square meters, and room for two mid-sized villages.

The Mid

The price of the Large Keep is $115.00 USD, of the Large Castle is $800.00 USD.

Putting the price into relation to how much effort it will make to get these ingame, do you think its a good propotional progression?

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

This is a Overview-list for the strongholds and their benefits:

Stronghold                               Size                                       Capacity                                                             Price (2015 version)

SMALL FORTIFICATION      200,000 square meters    a handful of personal shops and houses                                $30.00* USD

MEDIUM FORTIFICATION    200,000 square meters    collection of personal shops and houses                                $40.00* USD

LARGE FORTIFICATION      200,000 square meters    a small village and handful of personal shops and houses     $50.00* USD

SMALL KEEP                       300,000 square meters    two small villages                                                                     $75.00* USD

MEDIUM KEEP                     300,000 square meters    three small villages                                                                  $90.00* USD

LARGE KEEP                       300,000 square meters    two mid-sized villages                                                              $115.00* USD

SMALL CASTLE                   400,000 square meters    ???                                                                                          ???

MEDIUM CASTLE                 400,000 square meters    ???                                                                                          ???

LARGE CASTLE                   400,000 square meters    three mid-sized villages                                                           $800.00* USD

Edited by Urahara

This is my personal suggestion for propotional progression with the three mid-sized villages as set result for Large Castle:

SMALL FORTIFICATION      200,000 square meters    a handful of personal shops and houses                                $30.00* USD

MEDIUM FORTIFICATION    200,000 square meters    collection of personal shops and houses                                $40.00* USD

LARGE FORTIFICATION      200,000 square meters    a small village and handful of personal shops and houses     $50.00* USD

SMALL KEEP                       300,000 square meters    two small villages                                                                     $75.00* USD

MEDIUM KEEP                     300,000 square meters    three small villages                                                                  $90.00* USD

LARGE KEEP                       300,000 square meters    one mid-sized village                                                               $115.00* USD

SMALL CASTLE                   400,000 square meters    one mid-sized village and two small villages                             ???

MEDIUM CASTLE                 400,000 square meters    two mid-sized villages and one small village                             ???

LARGE CASTLE                   400,000 square meters    three mid-sized villages                                                            $800.00* USD

Edited by Urahara

This is my personal suggestion for propotional progression with the two mid-sized villages as set result for Large Keep:

LARGE KEEP                       300,000 square meters    two mid-sized villages                                                              $115.00* USD

SMALL CASTLE                   400,000 square meters    two mid-sized villages and two small villages                           ???

MEDIUM CASTLE                 400,000 square meters    three mid-sized villages and one small village                         ???

LARGE CASTLE                   400,000 square meters    one town, 2 mid-sized villages, and one small village              $800.00* USD

Edited by Urahara

I suspect that the price per usable building lot will increase as the size of the stronghold increases, which means that larger strongholds will only be price-effective for kingdoms which have filled all available parcel space and need to start using larger strongholds to increase density. That's just a guess, though, since we haven't yet seen any building lot counts for any of these parcels.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I understand what you mean. So what you are saying basically is what I guess too, people arent all dumb. They will not go for looks and prestige of an impressing Stronghold, they will go for benefits, efficiency and numbers, like the whole world does because of economy. So you are guessing that people will put their EKs full of Large Keeps, cause they got a much better buildings/cost ratio than the Castles. And when their EKs are all full of Large Keeps, they are gonna upgrade them one by one into Castles, if they arent dumb and good in math. That is basically what you are saying or what it would lead to, i guess.

But wouldn't that be a bit boring, having all people putting their EKs full of Large Keeps and then upgrading them all one by one? Every EK would then basically look and be build the same. I think a much better way would be to keep the buildings/cost ratio linear with every stronghold as much as you can. So that not the buildings/cost ratio determines which strongholds you place but your personal preference, playstile and progression in game. The only factor determining which stronghold you choose would then be the time/effort or cost you have to accomplish to actually get the stronghold into your possession. Because all strongholds got nearly the same buildings/cost ratio.

The only other way i see, is that you would be able to drop special buildings in castles, that you cant drop in Keeps, like a cathedral for instance.

And that you get through this some kind of special benefit, you cant get with the other stronghold.

I thought of another way today. It would be possible that a mid-sized village for Keeps and Castles got another capacity. Like the capacity of a mid sized village for a Keep would be 100 players (inhabitans/visitors) and 10 NPCs/Thralls. and for a Castle a mid-sized village could host 150 players (inhabitans/visitors) and 20 NPCs/Thralls.

Edited by Urahara

I would not be concerned too much about it being boring.  If everyone used math in their decisions, we would all be driving the same car.

SR8DSigTemp_Tahru.png

Why would every ek be build the same?

Are they a competition?

Do you get a prize of you manage to squish as many pointless buildings in as possible?

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Many people aren't pure on numbers, but also asthetics. Likewise some people will prefer a good looking EK over one that looks just thrown together.

So some might visit a EK for the Services, while other want to watch and see how pretty one can be.

Edited by Zola

I understand what you mean. So what you are saying basically is what I guess too, people arent all dumb. They will not go for looks and prestige of an impressing Stronghold, they will go for benefits, efficiency and numbers, like the whole world does because of economy. So you are guessing that people will put their EKs full of Large Keeps, cause they got a much better buildings/cost ratio than the Castles. And when their EKs are all full of Large Keeps, they are gonna upgrade them one by one into Castles, if they arent dumb and good in math. That is basically what you are saying or what it would lead to, i guess.

But wouldn't that be a bit boring, having all people putting their EKs full of Large Keeps and then upgrading them all one by one? Every EK would then basically look and be build the same. I think a much better way would be to keep the buildings/cost ratio linear with every stronghold as much as you can. So that not the buildings/cost ratio determines which strongholds you place but your personal preference, playstile and progression in game. The only variable determining which stronghold you choose would then be the time/effort or cost you have to accomplish to actually get the stronghold into your possession. Because all strongholds got nearly the same buildings/cost ratio.

The only other way i see, is that you would be able to drop special buildings in castles, that you cant drop in Keeps, like a cathedral for instance.

And that you get through this some kind of special benefit, you cant get with the other stronghold.

Will depend! A good bit of the playerbase probably won't invest in building up their personal EKs probbaly. Then there will likely be another segment who maybe want one stronghold and a few buildings that they can easily manage themselves. And there's the last group who really want to build large EKs for guild enjoyment or server enjoyment. These will take collaborate effort. I think in the case of one and two, they will likely look similar because the focus isn't on other players as it is on having a small manageable EK to themselves.

In the third situation, with many people contributing, taxes and resources becomes less of a problem. Therefore you are likely to see more variety of the buildings and structures, because cost is no longer an issue here.

Other thing I should mention, once you place a small keep, you may only upgrade it to a medium, or large. So players won't be to convert a small keep to a small castle. It'd have to be built elsewhere as a separate stronghold.

Edited by purplestreak

Other thing I should mention, once you place a small keep, you may only upgrade it to a medium, or large. So players won't be to convert a small keep to a small castle. It'd have to be built elsewhere as a separate stronghold.

You can't upgrade a keep directly to a castle, but the devs have indicated that you'll be able to do a trade-in upgrade via the store.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Why would every ek be build the same?

Are they a competition?

Do you get a prize of you manage to squish as many pointless buildings in as possible?

EK's that attract crafters with ease of use, will become economic hubs.

EK's with superior attractions and aesthetic designs will become social hubs.

EK's with superior stronghold and fortification designs, will become pvp proving grounds to run war-games.

The short answer is no prize, but based on what you're trying to accomplish, the way you set it up will matter (if you care at all).

PmnGhMD.jpg

í blóði er hefnd kvöl er ótta dýrð sorg ríkir

Yeah.

The EK dreams are real

The CW dreams are real too ;)

I plan to play with both personally, with more of a focus on the CWs. 

PmnGhMD.jpg

í blóði er hefnd kvöl er ótta dýrð sorg ríkir