Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zomnivore

Are you tapped out on fantasy?

not nearly as tired as I am of zombies. By comparison, CF is a breath of fresh air

wait

heh.... yeah, like there aren't any zombies in CF.... JT even got excited in one of his earlier interview videos... talking about zombie camps.

Even GoT has zombies.... the opening scene in season 1, episode 1.... introduced you to their zombies.

Edited by Nyt

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

heh.... yeah, like there aren't any zombies in CF.... JT even got excited in one of his earlier interview videos... talking about zombie camps.

Even GoT has zombies.... the opening scene in season 1, episode 1.... introduced you to their zombies.

Since zombies don't puke rainbows in real life, I am not sure there are any zombies in Crowfall.

Edited by Adall

If you read, a lot...I think you get zombie levels of over the genre's normal blend.

Generally speaking fantasy is the zombies, of the book world. Normally speaking, its the genre everyones taking a shot at, and you get over exposed to medicore writing through it.

Sort of like the over exposure to bad zombie survival games.

Ive been tapped out on normal fantasy for a while now, thats why I have been enjoying the stories that are more rpg oriented, like D. RUS'S alterworld series and the Overlord novel. Game verse becomes real seems big lately and I like it a lot.

That and old journals from people in the 13th century.

They are not really zombies. They are directed by the Others ( White Walkers) ... an ancient magical race that lives in the far north.

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

They are not really zombies. They are directed by the Others ( White Walkers) ... an ancient magical race that lives in the far north.

A zombie is a dead person given life (thus undead) who isn't merely a reanimated skeleton.  And who wasn't some powerful wizard or warlock in life, that'd be a lich.

A necromancer could raise a dead wizard's corpse as a zombie just like any other body. Just because you were a wizard doesn't mean you get to be a lich for free when someone casts animate dead on you.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I'm totally tapped out for the  WoW Style fantasy. I'm looking forward to the Crowfall Style though!

"Oh I'm sooooo gonna enjoy playing them Centaurs"

More tapped out on Steampunk and Zombies than anything else.

I really hope they don't end up introducing an "engineer" archetype who just uses "MACHINES!!1!one!" that are "NOT MAGIC!!eleven!1!" even though they're just a shoddy flavor excuse for powers.

If they were to say, add vehicles, and make an archetype that's specialized in using/repairing them, and maybe had some MINOR gadgets like grenades, I'd be fine with that. But please no Torchlight II style Engineers with endless spider mines and gun robots. (Even though they're probably the most fun class)

Edited by draco_nite

If they can do something interesting with the races, lore & setting I'm all for fantasy. If it's just more elves, eh... I'm good.

What I'd like to see is something built more around an ancient Celtic kind of setting. No knights or princesses, but lots of druids and weird nature cults, rituals, and strange gods.

I'm not sick of fantasy at all, for sure. I prefer the type of setting Crowfall has much more over anything Sci-fi. In fact I'd go as far as to say I hardly find sci-fi that interesting. Medieval fantasy has always been what I was into. What really gets me excited is the politics and whatnot, like you said. Although I assume someday in-game I might chillout for a bit and become a sellsword or something. A really fun thing to do for me is to think about what my character is gonna be like so I can play and plan appropriately for when the time comes.

So yeah, I'm excited. I'd honestly be excited for EverQuest Next too if the state of that game was more concrete, because that's another MMO I would've really liked to play.