Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

thedregs.net - Public Market and Hardcore/Political Discussion

Adall

Good day everyone!

As many of you know a few of us have been hosting a slack channel where you can say and do as you please to not feel the cold hand of moderation that is foreign to many of us in this realm of online gaming. Our goal of course has been to do a lot more for the community than to just host a few conversations outside the official forums. It has been clear that the development team wants these official forums to be 100% focused on good old fashioned friendly discussion about gaming elements for Crowfall. They have also expressed a distinct need for someone to open a public marketplace for the trade of goods and services within game and outside of the game world. They have been clear they do not want this type of discussion on their boards. This is a problem, and sometimes you need to find the right solution.

Today, I bring to you a new home for those who have felt these official forums just do not allow for the type of social environment we have grown accustomed to. We are also providing an open market forum for those looking to buy, sell and trade their goods and game services. We bring you thedregs.net!

A Public Trading House -

While we are offering an open forum for these trades to take place, we are merely hosting a meeting place for people to get together and deal with their goods and services. Consider thedregs.net like a large community center where people set up their own flea market booths for free! We are not attempting to reap any profit or be involved directly with any transaction. Please trade with care and remember you do so at your own risk! Further rules and boundaries for our open marketplace can be found on the respective forum.

An Open Discussion Forum -

This site will be a place where people can choose to be who they want to be and act how they want to act. We understand that this type of community may be foreign to some, but come here with an understanding that some of the best relationships are forged in the hottest fires. There are some basic rules posted at the top of each forum, and the rules do cover the entire website. We ask that you follow them, as they are not that difficult. If you want to have a heated debate that lasts for pages about some small change in stun duration to a skill, then by all means... no one will stop you. If you would like to expose certain actions of a rival guild or individual for the community to see, then feel free to start making enemies. We still do not understand directly why Crowfall will allow behavior in game that mirrors the old days of Ultima Online, Shadowbane or Darkfall Online, but are not willing to allow the forums to respond in kind. It seemed off to us, so we have decided to see if others would like to move to an offsite area that can allow these types of discussions and actions that made these old titles great!

A Political Realm -

I have found many here have stated they don't see a need for a political forum or for people to be making enemies before a game even begins. I personally disagree with this sentiment. Now is the time to begin building friends and allies as well as enemies and rivals. Why do you think guilds spend time recruiting in pre-game fanfare? They want to build a community. We want to offer those communities an outlet to share their guild recruitment messaging as well as their thoughts on rival guilds. There are guilds who have come here that have rivalries that lasted more than a decade. These forums can not offer them a good place to duke it out while we wait for the gates of alpha, beta or release to open up. The tensions that build today will provide amazing fuel for the battles of tomorrow. We hope that thedregs.net will serve as a tinder box to help guilds light those fires!

So please join us at thedregs.net!

We hope you enjoy your time and find yourselves a better community experience and an excellent open marketplace!

Edited by Adall

I love the thread about me being nominated as the biggest "unpleasant person bag". <_<

I think someone needs to look up the definition of unpleasant person-bag in the urban dictionary...  :P

Edit: Oh, Crowfall forums... you make me laugh for changing the word automatically.  :lol:

Edited by zero2none

I'am discussing it in the appropriate place, it's just funny that one of the first threads on your website is about nominating individuals from the official forums who others hate.

I believe that was part of the intended purpose, though I personally wouldn't nominate anyone from here for the specific thread you are talking about. Having a free outlet for any discussion related to Crowfall and its user base is rather important for the community and unfortunately it cannot exist here. Please feel free to join us there and defend your honor if you are feeling slighted! I don't think the way you are going about it currently is within the Crowfall official forum guidelines.

Edited by Adall

Oh look, I'm there too ... why am I not surprised.

Yea, looks like he took a private message you sent to him and posted it on there to have a laugh about it... At least we can see how people are actually like on a non-moderated forum... 

Edited by zero2none

I don't think the way you are going about it currently is within the Crowfall official forum guidelines.

How so? I'm not making any personal attacks, not spamming, not accusing, not threatening, not trolling, not disrupting. I'm still on topic since I'm still talking about your website. What, am I not allowed to make a remark about your website?

I'm all on board for you attempting to escape the official forum rules to have some fun, but I find it funny that the topics so far are not really serious. It's your website though, so I hope you enjoy it and the community that will be there. I won't sign up because I don't join fan-websites and I don't need to go there to prove anything, I think the website speaks for itself already.

Edited by zero2none

As for your community Adall, although at times we haven't seen eye to eye, I wish you, Regulus and the other staff there the best of luck with the success of your community site.

Edited by Psyctooth
My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

After browsing a few minutes I already know the place is not for me.

The first couple of threads are titled:

It already sets a tone (as expected) I don't want to get involved with. Good luck for all the people who are (going to be) involved though! Hope you'll find your niche there. 

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Yo Adall, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish but VN's IRC channel is one of the premier unmoderated Crowfall venues of all time… of all time!

Anyway, I'll see you in the Slack. <3

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Yo Adall, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish but VN's IRC channel is one of the premier unmoderated Crowfall venues of all time… of all time!

Anyway, I'll see you in the Slack. <3

Just because the IRC channel is the truly unmoderated environment doesn't mean they can't have their own hangouts that are tuned to their preference levels... 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir