Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adall

thedregs.net - Public Market and Hardcore/Political Discussion

I think the problem with thedregs was that it could not practice what it preached.  Similar to what the slack experienced... you can not advocate for soft moderation while having sensitive people run the show.  At that point it's just inconsistent heavy moderation.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

After getting a hold of people on their own forum and being promised things would be made right for several months there was basically no response and now their site seems to be gone.  I know they are all basically playing a different game now, so I can understand if Crowfall isn't their focus, but it's pretty lame to run a contest and offer prizes and then not even post in the thread themselves.

After getting a hold of people on their own forum and being promised things would be made right for several months there was basically no response and now their site seems to be gone.  I know they are all basically playing a different game now, so I can understand if Crowfall isn't their focus, but it's pretty lame to run a contest and offer prizes and then not even post in the thread themselves.

That's really lame on their part... if you hold a contest and offer up prizes, then come hell or highwater you should be delivering to the winners.

Same people who say people misuse the word communism probably call Bernie Sanders a communist. But that's off-topic...

Yeah, I pestered the people who ran the contest constantly about the prizes. They moved onto BDO and could care less about Crowfall. I'm sure the closure of this site is connected to something I've been preaching about a shrinking community, but I'll just get white knighted (in before that word is filtered).

Same people who say people misuse the word communism probably call Bernie Sanders a communist. But that's off-topic...

Yeah, I pestered the people who ran the contest constantly about the prizes. They moved onto BDO and could care less about Crowfall. I'm sure the closure of this site is connected to something I've been preaching about a shrinking community, but I'll just get white knighted (in before that word is filtered).

I'm sure the closure to the site has much more to do with the fact that you had the type of people running it that would hold a contest and not award the prizes... and were willing to just peace out on their site and crowfall to go play bdo without thinking of any integrity regarding the contest. 

Those aren't real supporters, those aren't real fans... just crappy people that can't run a contest or a loyal fansite.  That is all.

I guess you can't necessarily understand that though?  That the fact that those are the type of people you have running a site spells disaster for it in the first place?  And would rather in your mind blame some sorta shrinking community instead of the character flaws of the people involved.

Sadly this is the first I had heard about the contest and all of this... but you basically confirmed their actions... and seriously... that's pathetic... you run a contest to try and promote your site, you aren't happy with the game, so you just ignore the people that participated in the contest and don't give them the prizes?  That's extremely weak behavior.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Where did Uncle Primal touch you?

Because you're really mad for someone who not only didn't participate in the site, didn't have a competing product, nor was involved in any of the contests.

I didn't run a contest that wasn't fulfilled. I didn't run the site. And the site DID shut down due to a shrinking community. The community that was active on theDregs got bored with Crowfall. It's the same community that has 160 users in slack, but only about 10 actives throughout the week. Which is the same level of activity you have in your IRC. Most of that community went to play BDO.

I was the only active poster left. theDregs was way more active than the rival you supported, AngryCrows, in which the "support" you had shown consisted of making everyone on the site hate you and hate coming to the site because you posted there. Much like another crowfall site...

Where did Uncle Primal touch you?

Because you're really mad for someone who not only didn't participate in the site, didn't have a competing product, nor was involved in any of the contests.

I didn't run a contest that wasn't fulfilled. I didn't run the site. And the site DID shut down due to a shrinking community. The community that was active on theDregs got bored with Crowfall. It's the same community that has 160 users in slack, but only about 10 actives throughout the week. Which is the same level of activity you have in your IRC. Most of that community went to play BDO.

I was the only active poster left. theDregs was way more active than the rival you supported, AngryCrows, in which the "support" you had shown consisted of making everyone on the site hate you and hate coming to the site because you posted there. Much like another crowfall site...

I'm not mad, I just find it pitiful that people would run a contest and then not award the winner(s) and then run off to another game and completely wash themselves of any obligation or integrity involving the site or the contest.  That speaks a lot to the type of people involved, you may not want to admit that, but it's the truth.

The site shut down because it was run by those type of people, with those kind of character flaws, you don't build a community off of that kind of instability and shady behavior.  It didn't take Miss Cleo to figure that out.

In regards to angrycrows or the irc, whether angrycrows is inactive, or whether the IRC still has all the loyal hardcore pvpers, if either place had run a contest I am pretty sure they would have had the integrity to award the winners.  The type of person that can be cool with running a contest and then not handing out prizes that people spent time and energy to win, well that's just not a very considerate human being.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

I signed up for thedregs.net sometime last year because I liked their wiki and thought it would be a good off-officials forum to lurk and sheitpost every-so-often. They weren't nearly as active as these forums and the wiki wasn't updated with the patches so although it was a great idea the dwindling community made it seem like a ghost town. It's too bad the site closed down but if no one frequents it, it's not surprising.  

I'm sure another fansite will take it's place as the game comes further along, a solid wiki for all things Crowfall would be awesome so I hope someone takes up the mantle. 

Hg0LXwa.png

The site didn't die because of a failed contest. That's a fact. AngryCrows died as well. What contest did they fail at? Interest in the game died, plain and simple. Maybe not entirely, but from a certain crowd of players. Different crowd now. They can run their own fan sites.

The site died because it was run by fickle people...  Fickle people don't know how to survive marathons...

Anyway I knew these people wouldn't last... called it very early on... didn't take a mars rover scientist to figure that out. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

I received my reward from thedregs contest I participated in(60$ package).

The most valuable part of that site was its wiki, who cares about the rest, or Crowfail for that matter.

Edited by Sciocco

gCWxS8u.jpg

The site died because it was run by fickle people...  Fickle people don't know how to survive marathons...

Anyway I knew these people wouldn't last... called it very early on... didn't take a mars rover scientist to figure that out. 

Marathon runners like you who post all during beta and then bail out after launch and claim greatness? Yeah, we've heard about your endurance....

Must take a mars rover scientist to make an IRC channel, throw up a botnet, and then never see it again. Plain and simple, the hardcore community needed a place where they could be themselves. They got two of them and then the hardcore community disappeared. Crowfall got too softcore. End of story.

Marathon runners like you who post all during beta and then bail out after launch and claim greatness? Yeah, we've heard about your endurance....

Must take a mars rover scientist to make an IRC channel, throw up a botnet, and then never see it again. Plain and simple, the hardcore community needed a place where they could be themselves. They got two of them and then the hardcore community disappeared. Crowfall got too softcore. End of story.

Sorry but you are just imagining narratives to fit your white-knighting of a bunch of quitters now.  Yall talked a big game, then yall cried, now yall are gone... Not real fans sorry...

The hardcore community is alive and well on IRC... you guys weren't part of a hardcore community, you were a group of people that just wanted to think of yourselves as hardcore, but displayed all the behavior of the type of people that quit when things don't go their way, or even worse, try to hinder the progress of development through little scandals. 

Yes, because you are soooo representative of "hardcore".

You weren't on this thread a week ago when the site was still up. You weren't even on the website at all having this discussion. You wait until something happens and then: boom. "I knew they were quitters all along".

The hardcore community on IRC is a bunch of bots.